Sign in to follow this  
mickeymen

Please correct the error of the player automatically getting up, after firing from the launcher

Dear Devs!

Please fix it finally a bug which was added after the release of Tanks DLC.
The player wants to enjoy the gameplay, instead of annoyance, but when he come across this again and again, player want to break up monitor.

This bug appeared after Tanks DLC and it is extremely annoying to the player! I checked the mods do not affect the problem.

I have repeatedly reported this on feedback, but this is just infinitely ignored.

Description:

1) Player shot from Launcher at enemy vehicle

2) Immediately after this shot, player want to save your virtual life from the enemy return fire (since after shooting from AT-launcher, the whole map sees you and wants to kill) and player press the prone-button, to lie on the ground.

3) After that, the player’s game character falls to the ground, but again automatically rises to its full height again and switching to launcher!

After this - the last thing a player has time to see - it as dozen of bullets fly into his face!

The problem occurs only with Titan-Launcher in the hands. In order to reproduce this bug Fire Mode from Titan Launcher must be ONLY TOP

I tried to reproduce this problem ten times in Direct mode but I never succeeded. As soon as I switch my launcher from Direct mode to Top mode, I reproduced it the first time!  Direct mode is used by default, probably for this reason, many users cannot reproduce this problem at the run game.

Note! Direct / Top modes were added to Tanks DLC

As I said, the problem initially appeared in the release of Tanks DLC

Are you sure it happens without mods?

Maybe double-tapping the prone key? I've been a victim of my own panic-spam.

9 hours ago, reyhard said:

I use only ACE3 mod and JSRS Sound mod but I remember that once upon a time I turned off all the mods and got this error again.
I guess I need to check it again.

11 hours ago, reyhard said:

Yes, I am sure!

Now checked it out! I completely disabled all mods!

Here is the repro mission - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1poEo6rVXt5uip7kQPOcXslMOLH1Qy1bN

What should be done:

1) Shoot the Ifrit MRAP Vehicle from Launcher
2) Immediately use the sprint (Click the Sprint button W+Shift)
3) During the Sprint, press the button to lie on the ground (I have button "Z")

The player's character will fall to the ground, and then he will rise again (sometimes takes his Launcher)

If you can't reproduce it the first time, then  Try 3-4 times as much 

This does not always happen, but I reproduced it from the second time.

Devs please cure the game!!!

No luck, tried it 5 times and it didn't happened at all. Are you sure you don't have some other action assigned to "Z" key as well in you controls?

3 hours ago, reyhard said:

No luck, tried it 5 times and it didn't happened at all. 

Oh my God! It can not be! 

3 hours ago, reyhard said:

Are you sure you don't have some other action assigned to "Z" key as well in you controls?

Now I check it/

I have only Swim Down:

26024857.jpg

Do you think this could be a problem?

This settings I had a long time, but  I have never received this problem until I received Tanks DLC

I try to put these default settings (Go Prone/Stand Up & Swim Down), but they do not change!

As if by default it (Z-Key) was assigned the same way on both actions.

I wonder if anyone else have same issue. You could also try changing keybind for going prone temporarily to something else to rule out some key stroke conflict. .Rpt file (see https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files ) from session when this issue happens could be also helpful. Just make sure you are registering it without any 3rd part mods loaded

4 minutes ago, reyhard said:

I wonder if anyone else have same issue.

I've had it a few times.  AFAIK always when using mods and/or scripts that mess with animations.  I can't recall ever having it when playing pure vanilla. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 5:17 PM, reyhard said:

I wonder if anyone else have same issue. 

I am also worried about this fact. I can not imagine a situation in which the problem affected only me and it was after DLC Tanks/

Hey users! please check it out 

On 4/2/2019 at 10:15 AM, reyhard said:

I can reproduce it's more common - if I use a sprint in the not full length, but in the Crouch position and if I use a diagonal sprint!

Thus, the algorithm is:

1. Shoot from Titan Launcher (Top Fire Mode)
2. Use diagonal sprint (W+D+Shift)
3. Press Z (lie down) during this sprint

Please try, maybe you can reproduce the problem?

On 4/2/2019 at 10:15 AM, reyhard said:

It's fantastic, but I noticed a one feature! This seems to have absolutely no relationship, but the facts speak for themselves.

In order to reproduce this bug Fire Mode from Titan Launcher must be TOP

I tried to reproduce this problem ten times in Direct mode but I never succeeded.

As soon as I switch my launcher from Direct mode to Top, I reproduced it the first time!  

Direct mode is used by default!  Probably for this reason, many cannot reproduce this problem

Note! Direct / Top modes were added to Tanks DLC

As I said, the problem initially appeared in the release of Tanks DLC

Devs! I made a fresh video in the vanilla game- 

In this video I use Top fire-mode and after shot the diagonal sprint (W+D+Shift) and press only one button Z (Go Prone)

After that, the character will lie down and automatically rise and take up his Launcher again in his hands.

I hope this information helps you.

18 hours ago, reyhard said:

You could also try changing keybind for going prone temporarily to something else to rule out some key stroke conflict. .Rpt file (see https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files ) from session when this issue happens could be also helpful. Just make sure you are registering it without any 3rd part mods loaded

I tried to set the default control of the infantryman and I tried to disable all mods - there is no effect. Rpt file - I will provide later

Did you manage to reproduce the problem?

On 4/2/2019 at 5:17 PM, reyhard said:

I wonder if anyone else have same issue. You could also try changing keybind for going prone temporarily to something else to rule out some key stroke conflict. .Rpt file (see https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files ) from session when this issue happens could be also helpful. Just make sure you are registering it without any 3rd part mods loaded

Hey dear! Answer me please.

I found a 100% method of reproducing this bug!
I am can reproduce it 10 times out of 10 attempts in a row! 

You do not need to run anywhere! No special stances needed!
All you need is to simply -

1) switch your Titan Launcher to Top fire mode (F-button, must be ONLY TOP fire mode )

2) shot at target

3) go to prone (Z-key)

You will see that the player character will rise automatically and again take your Titan launcher in your hands.

Please remove this bug from the game! 

BIS I ask you to cure the game for more than a year.

I do not know that I am more tired - to beg you to cure the game or to see how they kill me in the game for reason of this bug

On 4/3/2019 at 11:36 AM, reyhard said:

Rpt File

here my rpt -  https://drive.google.com/open?id=10YVis_UziFYsPF-HfONVQQS8relkJP_H

9 hours ago, mickeymen said:

1) switch your Titan Launcher to Top fire mode (F-button, must be ONLY TOP fire mode ) 

2) shot at target

3) go to prone (Z-key)

It seems you don't have to fire. Any 2nd fire mode in launcher will cause it.I can reproduce it now too and it seems to be some engine bug with implementation of 2nd fire mode for launchers. I will take a look at it in office on Monday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, reyhard said:

It seems you don't have to fire. Any 2nd fire mode in launcher will cause it.I can reproduce it now too and it seems to be some engine bug with implementation of 2nd fire mode for launchers. I will take a look at it in office on Monday

Aliluya, I was able to prove it!

Thank you very much, please correct this because it is very annoying to the player

On 4/13/2019 at 9:49 AM, reyhard said:

Good day, It's already been three mondays! also we got another patch, but the error is still not fixed! 

Did you fail to fix this or maybe other reasons?

Dedicated player would like to know when to expect corrections

I tried to debug it for around 3 hours and see what is wrong but it seems to be more complex than I initially thought. Issue is listed on internal feedback tracker so perhaps someone more skilled will be able to take a look at it in their spare time. Arma 3 is now in End of Life state and there are no dedicated programmers assigned to it no more so usually issues with higher priority (like crashes or MP security) are being fixed first.

• Like 4

On 5/1/2019 at 9:56 AM, reyhard said:

I tried to debug it for around 3 hours and see what is wrong but it seems to be more complex than I initially thought. Issue is listed on internal feedback tracker so perhaps someone more skilled will be able to take a look at it in their spare time. Arma 3 is now in End of Life state and there are no dedicated programmers assigned to it no more so usually issues with higher priority (like crashes or MP security) are being fixed first.

I understand that this is the end of Arma 3  life state, but please find programmers to solve this problem, since this is a shameful bug for a such serious game.

This error gives the feeling that the game is mocking the player and causing him to die and die - this gaming execution every time gives extrimely negative emotions for player

A temporary solution would be to make the top attack the default fire mode. While I never had a problem with direct fire, top attack seems like the more useful of the two (IRL, direct fire is mostly for attacking low flying/hovering helos). If you don't use the second firemode, you don't get the bug, so that's one way to deal with it. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but until a more permanent fix can be found, this will let you get around it.

That kind of bug is definitely a sign of software rot. Right now, the biggest concern should be avoiding introducing new bugs while trying to fix the worst of the old ones. ArmA3 might be at EOL, but RV is an outright zombie by now. There's a reason people have been hyped for ArmA4, specifically for the possibility of it running on Enfusion.

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2019 at 1:40 AM, dragon01 said:

A temporary solution would be to make the top attack the default fire mode. While I never had a problem with direct fire, top attack seems like the more useful of the two (IRL, direct fire is mostly for attacking low flying/hovering helos). If you don't use the second firemode, you don't get the bug, so that's one way to deal with it. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but until a more permanent fix can be found, this will let you get around it.

Thank you for your offer, but I did not understand how and where I can make the top attack by default? 

This was a suggestion for @reyhard, one that could, hopefully, be implemented without introducing too many new bugs. 

On 5/16/2019 at 10:19 PM, dragon01 said:

This was a suggestion for @reyhard, one that could, hopefully, be implemented without introducing too many new bugs. 

I understand, yes it would be a solution