3l0ckad3

Looping an action through a trigger ?

I've been trying to figure this out, and I'm aware this might not be the best way to negotiate this, but while a heli is in the list of a trigger, I want him to fire off flares, the situation will be dynamic, so sometimes there could be a threat, and sometimes it is just to be on the safe side, and, well, emersion for landing in a potential killzone. This is also a learning experience for me. I'm normally okay reading script, but I struggle to write it sometimes, however, to the point(s) of interest.

1) Can you use while commands in a trigger to negotiate its condition like while alive, or while in this list, execute the script in the act:. ??

so while heli alive
or
while heli in thisList

execute:

heli action ["useWeapon",heli,driver heli,1];

and it needs to have a sleep of about 3 between bursts, and the asset is B_Heli_Transport_01_F.

2) Would it be best to run it from an sqf ? or in game ? this script could be played on both MP or SP ?

3) and may I ask what [] or {} means ?

I normally don't ask for the negotiation outright, I like to learn, but, this is something I've never really grasped, and something to play around with would be a great place to start.
I've always wanted to learn how to loop triggers to fire syntax multiple times, I could just never make sense of how to go about it.

This is something to help the community as well, because a lot of people are always asking how to land aircraft under fire while returning fire, I got it all sorted out, I'm just stuck on this atm, and once I iron this out, I'm going to run it in an sqf pending advice. 
thnx for any help, you guys have been good to me over the years

Cheers
Q

1. yes in activation and deactivation fields you are able to use code. If this is more than one line then a script execution would be the cleaner way.

When using loops or suspension like sleep then you have to care bout that it is executed in scheduled environment

2. I generally prefer execution in a sqf file because for readability and the possibility to precompile the code. MP/SP depends on your code. just write it and we ll see how to get it work in MP.

3. Described here.