Hham

Crowns

My understanding is that at full release our loot and shelter will reset. We got crowns for buying the game. If we are spending them now are we wasting crowns on loot that will be wiped? Will we get more at launch? If you're going to wipe it anyway, why not make crowns free just to test the system? Also, why do we have to continue to pay more money for better loot? I feel the chances of me getting better loot without pay is extremely low, but even if I pay there's no guarantee because it's chance. Soooo this =  gambling. No please. 

The game will reset and so will your crowns. There are multiple threads here where the devs mention you will get all crowns used in the preview back at game launch.

its not gambling. If you use your crowns it gives you a garunteed effect.

I haven't been through the threads in a while and it's a lot to sift through. Thanks for telling me about the crown reset. 

I respectfully disagree about the gambling. I understand your point about a guaranteed affect; but that effect Ian a percent chance. You are paying for a better chance to get loot. My understanding, and maybe I have misunderstood, but my understanding is that better loot is not guaranteed, only the chance for better loot is guaranteed. This is gambling, and you are paying for better odds. And there are so many problems. 1. I'm paying for only a chance a to better loot. 

2. If I die before I get the crate I've wasted money. 

3. I know how the devs feel but it IS kinda still pay to win. Because with better weapons you are more likely to kill people. Even Lerch commented on the logic of lower rank weapons not being as good. With that logic: pay to get better weapons = pay for more kills. 

4. The exit camping will probably be worse. People will think: "If I have paid I don't want to risk losing it. So let someone else grab it and I'll camp the exit. It's easier that way."

5. Even if the air drop spawn change location tower is used, you have two minutes to move camp spots. You can run across a whole map in two minutes. 

6. People who pay extra and don't get better loot from a crate, or die and don't get the crate, will hardcore rage and we will start losing players. 

7. I feel like I'm being nickled and dimed. It's never a good strategy to attach money to loot. I hate fortnight but I love their business model. Charge for customizations that aren't game changing. Fortnight has made so much money giving people a free game. Genius! I would happily spend crowns in vigor on customizing my character or shelter or shooting range. 

8. The consequences if I don't spend more money is very little chance of better loot. Hence the increased exit camping. 

Just my thoughts. 

Just so the info is out there- 45 crowns is almost $1.50. If all 12 players get just the air drop boost that's  about $18. Of all 12 players get all three boosts it's about $60!!! Of course they recommend you get all three every game. This is clearly just a money grabbing strategy. Come on devs. Don't be like that. 

1.) spending crowns on a chest is obviously a risk which you can definitely see as gambling. However, the other two options are not “gambling” it’s (a)increasing the all around loot of the map which is pretty noticeable. And happens 100% of the time

(b) garunteeing you keep your load out which gives you more confidence with strong loadouts

2.) yes this is the nature of the game. Which means if you chose to boost the chest you are willingly gambling that you are good enough to beat the odds. There is no reason whatsoever to spend crowns on this perk unless you feel confident with your loadout compared to other ppl. 

3. Saying that it is pay to win right after making the argument that it’s gambling is contradictory. LOL

sure the loot is better, but you have to be smart enough to get out alive. 

And you can get any weapon in the game by killing someone holding it!! I got an SVU, AUR A1, and a SW-SH 629 in my first two days of playing off people I killed!! Ha! 

And ive been killed by people with guns worse than me....

4.) there are more than enough exits to throw off campers in my opinion. Sure it’s an element of the game, but you have enough time to grab the box and run to almost any exit as you mention in your next point “you can run anywhere in 2 minutes”

5.) The air drop is NOT the only objective, because of this, people are doing other things! There are other ways to have successful runs than getting the loot box. And a lot of people die fighting over other objectives and random encounters. Lol this is why box camping is minimal in my experience. Sure, if you’re late to the box, you should suspect it is being watched. Non issue IMO.

6.) hopefully not everyone is an infant..lmao

(IMPORTANT)

you do not have to spend money at all to enjoy this game! I Have played multiple highsteaks games (rare box+) on the daily that I didn’t contribute to. And multiple games daily of 180%+ loot, on the daily. And even then, the some of the best loot I’ve gotten for my house comes from the common loot box.

7.) you couldn’t possibly feel nickled and dimed yet... you are spending free crowns(in the sense that you will get them back at launch) to test the ingame economy of a game in game preview...

***However, I do agree that if this is the state of the economy at launch, I would be unsatified as well.

The cost of The perks is too steep for the $-crowns ratio currently.

but to say that you need to spend money on this game to have fun is FALSE as I have been entertained for hours after spending all of my crowns. I have also looted great weapons and blueprints off of vaults and other players since spending all my crowns. 

Because of this^^^^^^^^^

it is my opinion that this game is definitely NOT pay to win OR pay to have fun. As you can get ANYTHING  from killing ANYONE!

My view of the crowns is this:

If you are dumb with money or don’t use money you earned yourself, don’t spend it. You don’t need it! And you won’t be able to tell who has it because this game is more based on gorilla warfare and strategy so your guns are only a variable of your possible success.

***You should buy crowns IF

1.) you want to truly support the game, especially to encourage more content.

2.) if you want to increase the fun for the entire lobby!

I have a different POV from most people. I don’t think $20 is anything, and I have no problem spending much more than $20 once the game is launched. Isn’t it awesome that, because I make mad stacks, everyone I play with has an enhanced experience? Isn’t it unique that instead of this game being pay to win like, your suggesting, and being jealous of people who have money to blow.it’s pay to enhance the experience for everyone!  And you’re excited to play with players who enjoy the game enough to invest in its community.

Bro,  there are like 6-8 exits... Don’t be so predictable. I, maybe, run into exit camping 5% of my matches.

Again you are making Thisbe personal by attacking me instead of only arguing the issue. You have misquoted me and you don't see what I'm trying to say. I am glad we do at least agree paying that much per match is for too much.  I wasn't contradicting myself. I was saying that it is gambling. Which it is. The second part of what I was saying is that if things work the way they want them to (pay money, get better loot) that is pay to win. The player base shouldn't have to FEEL like they won't get as good of weapon blue prints and parts unless they spend money. Games should never ask you to spend money for an advantage. Yes sometimes another player will spend money and I get the benefit. But that is not in my control. The chances should be set and the purchases should be for other things. 

Yoi also erroneously said everything can be obtained another way. Blue prints only come from loot crates according to recent dev stream. So if I never spend money, in order to get blue prints (arguably one of if not the most valuable items), I am dependent on other players spending money. It has nothing to do with how much money I personally own. It's the principle of the game mechanic. We obviously won't agree and that's fine. I'm not going to argue with you anymore. This is supposed to be a respectful place. GG

You don’t need blueprints to build weapons. Only parts (which you can get great guns parts from the vaults) and the crafting table to do so

Hi Hham,

I'm not sure Lerch is making his comments personal. He seems, however aggressively, to be articulating an alternative point of view. I'm sure that's just his style and is not meant to be personal.

Don't let that stop you making your views known to the forum, as I agree with a lot of what you both write.

All feedback will help the Devs understand the feelings of the players, so keep those comments coming.

Keep the faith.