Hham

Regret

I wasn't excited for an update. My opinion may change but for now I regret paying $20 for this game. I'm trying not to be super salty. Why take away one shot headshot kills? Unless it's different IN game, my impression is that the scarecrows have actual player health. Multiple headshots required? One headshot with any weapon was one of the things i told all my friends was the best feature. It opens up so many strategies. So many guns just became obsolete. The mosin Nagant isn't even one shot to the head? I am so discouraged with this game I didnt play for so long and was excited for an update. But instead of good changes to guns, lag fixes, bug fixes... we got more problems, worse play, and new ways to spend money. I have to pay you for better loot?! Unless this changes I will be done with this game. Genuinely I mean no offense but I regret buying it. Sorry if I sound rage-y. I'm not. I'm discouraged at the priorities and decisions. The game WILL NOT survive the year unless a new direction is taken. 

One shot headshots are still a thing. The scarecrows are still a little glitchy. 

Lets pretend you didn’t just cry about the FIRST weapon in the game not being good enough. 

Lastely it’s a game preview. If you regret spending $20 on what this game is now, I have no possible idea what you could have expected.

I felt I was pretty clear about the fact I wasn't crying about it. I even left room for the possibility that it was a glitch in the scarecrows. I don't know why you feel you need to berate my negative opinion. But to address your concerns, I am not upset at the current state of broken things. I am upset at the direction I perceive the game is headed based on the decisions of the devs. Even if the performance issues are fixed, if the gun play is borked and you have to "pay for a chance for better loot" the game will not do well. I want this game to do well I have had a lot of fun. The things I'm concerned about are the priorities of the devs and core game mechanics. Not bugs that can easily be fixed. 

I apologize for being rage-y about your negative opinion.

I have seen to many people crying on twitter and some threads about how they want a refund, when all I could notice while doing basic research on the game was that it was “In preview and could play two hours for free before deciding whether or not I want to invest a trivial amount of money to basically buy the chance to play it early.

Hi Hham,

Read your thread with interest and respect your views.

I to am a little concerned with the games direction. So much so that I have made comments about in game issues, server reliability and economy settings.

The first 2 can be resolved through game development and server resilience, but the economy issues seem to point not necessarily towards pay the win, but pay to upgrade your shelter and improve weaponry (and therefore your chances to loot more productively in each encounter).

Let me explain. In other threads I have mentioned the number of successful encounters and loot hauls needed to achieve certain updates. The only way to speed up that process is to employ loot boosters.

The other thing I have noticed is that although during encounters you are able to carry lots more wire, metal parts etc per inventory slot, the amount of rarer stuff per inventory slot hasn't changed in relation.

Also, gun parts. Now each part you find fills an inventory slot, where before I recall it would take 5 parts to fill a slot.

All this means is you have to be a lot more selective on what you carry, ultimately slowing down your overall progress.

I built up a large amount of items by deconstructing gun parts I wasn't going to use. This helped me produce weapons and ammo that I did want to use. With the latest update, even the originally basic Suomi is more expensive, and requires you to be at a higher level than before to fabricate.

Also the scrap value of weapons and parts has decreased considerably, all this supports my arguement that the game is encouraging players to buy crowns to employ loot boosters to achieve the necessary updates to shelter and weaponry that you will need to help you progress.

When the game resets I for one will look very carefully at what is required for me to realise any meaningful progress without the need for loot boosters, and conversely, what help boosters can provide, given the obvious risk associated with each encounter.

I appreciate that the Devs need an economy system that will make them some profit for their development efforts, but it has to be proportionate and still provide an experience for those who don't want to spend money.

I would be happy to use crowns for outfits, say for instance a white winter soldier outfit, that helps you keep under cover on Dverg, or a full camo outfit for Fiske etc

As always, happy for other viewpoints. It all helps the game develop. And after all is said, I do really enjoy this game.

• Like 1

I can see that POV ninja. Maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on weapon level but I do feel it's an advantage. And my feeling is that getting better weapon blue prints is dependent on money. Mine or yours. I'm not fond of that. I would definitely spend money on customizable things. Even maybe on my shelter or to unlock more progression. (Something to work towards is currently a big issue) I look forward to dev ideas about increasing the progression without increasing the grind. The game has a lot of potential for sure and I still want I think to succeed. I just have such a hard time with the logic of paying for a boost, especially for a single match. And so expensive considering. I guess it puts such a bad taste in my mouth and brings back experiences from other game companies that have done loot box type stuff and it starts to feel icky. I don't want to see this game go down an icky road. I want it to be amazing GOTY and tea bag fortnight. Lol

Hi Hham,

I agree with your comment on weapon development via blueprints, and I tried to get that across, maybe not as elocently as I'd have liked.

I also agree with your view on the cost of a loot/ drop boost. I believe the Devs will also agree when they look at the stats. If for instance a step increase cost 10 crowns, I could see the boosts really being used more. But time and stats will tell.