CaptainDawson

We need to allow admins on Official Warlords for goodness sake

h7c2Ot6.jpg

NNmOkNN.jpg

Yes this is in Warlords.

It's awfully hard to convince a majority of players on both sides to vote kick anyone, when more than 50% of the players disregard the chat and don't use mics. And what good is the current kicking system where trolls can rejoin after being kicked? There's only so much the updates can do, they still do not prevent constant TKing and hacking. For the love of God please allow #VOTE ADMIN command on warlords servers! The fun of a whole game is ruined in just a few minutes by these trolls! I almost never see more than 3 or 4 servers running at >50% capacity anymore. I feel the Bohemia dedicated servers would be MUCH more popular if you could just resolve this one issue.

• Like 3

MJpR6Ah.jpg

tDB0wfN.jpg

Today we have Shikras and 155mm arty in Blufor. Hackers are running rampant over the servers. Kick, and they come right back again.

14 hours ago, CaptainDawson said:

Today we have Shikras and 155mm arty in Blufor. Hackers are running rampant over the servers. Kick, and they come right back again.

Well, at least it is something new everyday, that's falling on ones head.

Edited by Dedmen
Removed screenshots from Quote, Rule 14
  • Like 1

I don't think Bohemia cares about these stuff i guess they have more important stuff to do than dealing with some hacker-kids also there is no point of this battleeye as it is not doing shit to the hackers but yes we need admining to the official servers so that we can atleast deal with hackers and trolls

• Like 1

Hello! 

Thank you for the feedback. We are aware of this issue, and it was recently brought up on reddit as well. We're looking into it. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BIS_Homesick said:

Hello! 

Thank you for the feedback. We are aware of this issue, and it was recently brought up on reddit as well. We're looking into it. 

Great to hear! Thanks for your response. If I may add a few suggestions,

1. I think the issue of hacking/TKing could be partially remedied by giving more power to the players to ban toxic players. Perhaps require only ~50% of one faction's players to ban a player from the same faction could be a start. Majority of the total players is too difficult to achieve. No reason a TKer should be allowed to rejoin after only a couple minutes it nearly defeats the purpose of kicking.

2. Let me also suggest that airpower should be balanced. Wipeout/Nephron can be somewhat reasonably countered by AA, Air Superiority jets with experienced pilots CANNOT be even be contested unless enemy brings their own air superiority. Currently a single expert player in a Shikra or Blackwasp can deny the enemy from using any aircraft, allowing their own CAS to destroy vehicles uncontested over the map. Current AA is useless against Shikra/Blackwasp if the pilot knows what he is doing or avoids them altogether. Often, Blufor will refuse to bother launching Blackwasps because they know they will be instantly destroyed. Flying planes at multiple times the speed of sound is honestly just stupid with the view distance the way it is. No one can even see them until they are practically on top of you. AI in AA tanks is a joke, only useful against inexperienced jet players. Maybe only allow Shikra/Blackwasp spawn on MAIN PAVED AIRFIELD both South East and Airfield Compound. They should not be able to take off from ultra short dirt runways AAC and Molos it's not realistic. At center of map they are more easily shot down, and would lead to more importance of controlling the airport. After being shot down, an expert player should not be able to use their massive CP advantage to instantly teleport deep inside friendly territory and spawn another air superiority jet with nearly zero chance of being contested. Nephron/Wipout/Helis on dirt runways, Blackwasp/Shikra paved runways would be a good start to balancing the jet spam. The plane spam needs to be stopped unless a viable counter can be made to them.

3. The game should really be shortened. A group of players start a match, make poor decisions, and then the next group has to account for their mistakes. At a point, it just stagnates and players get bored and leave. Over time the overload of assets lags the server. There is really no need to continue the battle when one side has an obvious CP advantage and players are leaving the losing side. For example, maybe when a faction has captured 5 points past Anthrakia, the side with the most points/zones wins. One side with a couple players left throwing down remote turrets should not be a serious deterrent to their opponents with 4 times the CP. 

I will enjoy playing Warlords regardless of the issues, but I hope others will be encouraged to join official servers by any fixes you guys can make.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CaptainDawson said:

Great to hear! Thanks for your response. If I may add a few suggestions,

1. I think the issue of hacking/TKing could be partially remedied by giving more power to the players to ban toxic players. Perhaps require only ~50% of one faction's players to ban a player from the same faction could be a start. Majority of the total players is too difficult to achieve. No reason a TKer should be allowed to rejoin after only a couple minutes it nearly defeats the purpose of kicking.

2. Let me also suggest that airpower should be balanced. Wipeout/Nephron can be somewhat reasonably countered by AA, Air Superiority jets with experienced pilots CANNOT be even be contested unless enemy brings their own air superiority. Currently a single expert player in a Shikra or Blackwasp can deny the enemy from using any aircraft, allowing their own CAS to destroy vehicles uncontested over the map. Current AA is useless against Shikra/Blackwasp if the pilot knows what he is doing or avoids them altogether. Often, Blufor will refuse to bother launching Blackwasps because they know they will be instantly destroyed. Flying planes at multiple times the speed of sound is honestly just stupid with the view distance the way it is. No one can even see them until they are practically on top of you. AI in AA tanks is a joke, only useful against inexperienced jet players. Maybe only allow Shikra/Blackwasp spawn on MAIN PAVED AIRFIELD both South East and Airfield Compound. They should not be able to take off from ultra short dirt runways AAC and Molos it's not realistic. At center of map they are more easily shot down, and would lead to more importance of controlling the airport. After being shot down, an expert player should not be able to use their massive CP advantage to instantly teleport deep inside friendly territory and spawn another air superiority jet with nearly zero chance of being contested. Nephron/Wipout/Helis on dirt runways, Blackwasp/Shikra paved runways would be a good start to balancing the jet spam. The plane spam needs to be stopped unless a viable counter can be made to them.

3. The game should really be shortened. A group of players start a match, make poor decisions, and then the next group has to account for their mistakes. At a point, it just stagnates and players get bored and leave. Over time the overload of assets lags the server. There is really no need to continue the battle when one side has an obvious CP advantage and players are leaving the losing side. For example, maybe when a faction has captured 5 points past Anthrakia, the side with the most points/zones wins. One side with a couple players left throwing down remote turrets should not be a serious deterrent to their opponents with 4 times the CP. 

I will enjoy playing Warlords regardless of the issues, but I hope others will be encouraged to join official servers by any fixes you guys can make.

Thanks

I'll make sure to forward this to the development team, thank you for the feedback! 🙂

6 hours ago, BIS_Homesick said:

I'll make sure to forward this to the development team, thank you for the feedback! 🙂

Great! These are only my opinions, there are probably other ways to solve the problem. All we care is that they are solved!

FTR, about my experience, I am a 900 hour Arma 3 player with the majority of my gameplay on Warlords. I am often within the top 10 scoring players within 30 minutes of playing an already hours old warlords match, and I rarely leave a match without being number 1 or 2.

Supposedly the next WIP update to warlords includes the long-range AA systems that use radar guidance instead of being limited by view distance according to @Jezuro so that should help with nonstop jet spam.

The hackers and trolls probably hurt the official servers and warlords the most right now. I saw 3 servers get hacked within a hours long time period yesterday by that sambosa crap and kill it in minutes if they didn’t force end the mission or crash the server.

Not sure if having the game end at any particular cap would be much different from capping a teams base though if both teams actually fight. Also they really need to fix the cleanup scripts not deleting dead vehicles and stuff when a player leaves while the wreck is still there.

Problems aside its really fun when the hackers and trolls don’t ruin it.

I'm sure most regular players have already seen this, but for the benefit of anyone who haven't, this is a screenshot from last night:

Yf8wrI9.jpg

Honestly I'm getting rather sick of this, when this happens everyone just has to leave the server. I'm probably done with Warlords until Bohemia can update their server security.

• Like 1