Rydygier

[SP] Warping Plague

Warping Plague 1.1 wip3

- added new setting: how soon/far from a survivor helper giving away his positions should be displayed. Previous range is under "HARD", "VERY EASY" is 4x farther. 

5 hours ago, Rydygier said:

document every anomaly type out there

I'm doing that, on the map, charting anomalies and weird stuff I encounter, buzzing sounds that can be oriented using compass, I keep it role-playing style.

It would be cool for the player to find some interesting stories/information (laptop or documents) about anomalies. Closer to the Zone - more detailed info, more farther - just rumors and wild speculations what it could possibly be, just to improve the immersion of the scenario.

vanishing blue arcs

Yes, this happened to me exactly after the reload. But it didn't bother me.

One thing if I may suggest: upon entering the Zone, the screen goes suuuuuuuper bright, I find it a bit hard for my eyes, but that's just me. But the center of the zone and the whole 'acid trip' is awesome. I love the tremors!! Such an awesome addition. Love the new crafting station menu.

Now it's super hard to find settlers for your settlement, maybe adding a small static radio noise sound next to the message 'There are civilians nearby' as I often don't even see the message.

Rifles are hard to come by also, I had SMG for a while.
After 20 days of constant looting and raiding the Fittest gang town in the end, this is all I had.

Spoiler

YUGU32O.png

• Like 1

upon entering the Zone, the screen goes suuuuuuuper bright, I find it a bit hard for my eyes

Yes. Thing is, it is a single and same effect all the way, just the closer to the center, the more certain parameters are pushed to the extreme. Initial bright apparently is immanent stage of this process. I can skip it, giving later stages just at the Zone entering, I'll test, how it looks.

maybe adding a small static radio noise sound next to the message 'There are civilians nearby' as I often don't even see the message.

OK. Also wip3 above introduces easier levels, where survivors names are visible from bigger distancies. Personally I wasn't ashamed to use "very easy". Harder is kept, because I knew people, that actually enjoy "peddler" approach, checking every damn shed. 🙂 

Still, I feel, I'll need to find another immersive ways to make finding survivors easier. Actual, visible "traces" on the ground perhaps? Noises hints? Not sure. Also, unlike looting, survivor may appear in the same building many times, just not same day. 

Maybe I'll just change the approach, and instead of dynamic spawn as player explores, I'll each day pre-place certain amount of survivors across the map and leave some means to find them? Or pre-place certain areas, where such dynamic spawn is possible, area precision depending on the scouts ("we saw someone's there lately", these guys become more and more important...). Need to think about it. 

Rifles are hard to come by also, I had SMG for a while.
After 20 days of constant looting and raiding the Fittest gang town in the end, this is all I had.

Good, should be hard. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Personally I wasn't ashamed to use "very easy".

Me too, it's too hard to find people now, it's not a bad thing, it's good. And I can't wait to assemble the mortar.

"Rectangles of treasures" are now doing a wonderful job. It really gives you something to look for in order to survive. Loving it.

It would be cool (if that's even possible) to give your guards better weapons once you acquire them, or even vests.

😂😂😂😂😂

Had to.

wHR7qtl.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It would be cool (if that's even possible) to give your guards better weapons once you acquire them, or even vests.

Hm. Make them idle, "conscript" into your group, adjust inventory, remove them from your group, make them guard again... Which BTW makes me think, I need to adjust hiring a guard code in the case, towner is already armed. Or should I disarm him, when removed from player's group? Another thing to think about. 

• Like 1

Warping Plague 1.1 wip4

- now each day there are shown on the map one to few areas, where survivors may be found. Number of areas and chances to find anyone there depend on number and skill of scouts, initial hostility, day count (decreasing chance in time), already invited survivors and number of covered buildings - obviously. Scouts gradually become maybe most valuable towners... Size and dimensions of each area may vary. BTW there's still a chance to find someone also out of markerd area, but this chance is near to none. Areas are changed daily. Initial loading screen takes noticeably longer now due to additional map-wide calculations required for this feature; 

- Zone visual effect modified: initial brightness will appear, but only for few seconds, smoothly marking Zone border crossing. Inside the Zone it will fluidly pass into "oversaturation" stage and will stay that way up to around 30% deep in the Zone, closer to the center further changes will gradually appear, as it was previously; 

- Towners dismissed from player's group will be disarmed: all their weapons and magazines should be moved into the orange stash. 

• Thanks 1

The vehicle bug is still present, I can notice it, it's affecting the steering of my SUV. (Not to mention I tested it by spawning an APC and it went wild, spinning around like crazy)

Is this because of the gravity anomalies?

This description fits the way, vehicle should behave close to the anomaly due to increased mass (but warper may affect the steering somewhat even beyond warper's red circle radius). If that's the case, then it's a feature (can be tweaked to reduce warper's influence range though), if it happens far from the Zone - it's a bug. In my tests vehicles far from the Zone behave as normal, their mass is as expected too. 

BTW perhaps I should increase size of some "possible survivors" areas, there are some really tiny possible. 

• Like 1

I just tried driving a tank near my settlement and it was dancing wild, but right now SUV seems to be going well, I'm far from gravity anomalies; in that case - nice! 

Maybe you can add an option to unflip the vehicle?
I've lost the count on how many times I've flipped my SUV due to gravity. 🤣 So I had to go into Zeus to 'mimic' unflipping it.

Also what I was thinking about: hallucinations. When venturing into the Zone, Gregory could experience these things, seeing things that aren't there (despite they're being spawned/created). Maybe a simple VR entity just running from point A to point B and then vanishing, or something like that. Maybe staying too long in the Zone could make Gregory hallucinate even beyond the Zone for a few days, where is safe and nice... all due to exposure to radiation/anomalies/things.

It would be immersive, if it's doable, imo.

Not sure about tracked vehicles, but since scenario doesn't include them, as long cars included behave civilly, I would assume, all is OK. Still, I plan to reduce a bit radius, at which the warper start affecting car's mass. 

Unflipping - nah, player can either accept the consequences, either load a save (I always recommend to save frequently). There may be also some mod adding such feature, not sure, maybe this one. It shouln'd be likely to happen as long player doesn't drive like a crazy or approach the warper with the vehicle though. 

hallucinations - ha ha, I like that. Also can be bound with the psyche state. Maybe not in 1.1 update, but I'll definitelly think about this. 

• Like 1

Mission updated:

Warping Plague 1.10

- added: survivors are physical units that can be found inside random buildings, mostly in certain areas marked daily on the map, and invited via mouse action. Number of areas and chances of finding anyone there depend on several factor including number of scouts hired, day count, survivors invited so far etc. Player will be sometimes notified about survivors in the vicinity, also their names will be visible at certain distance (cutomizable in initial settings menu); 

- added: towners without any job (idle) can be now "conscripted" via mouse action as player's subordinate group members, also via mouse action conscripted can be sent back to the town. New 3D icon should be displayed, if any of them become seriously irradiated. Big enough radiation dose can cause death of the towner;

- added: warpers activity may cause tremors sometimes, the closer to the Zone center, the stronger. It's rare, and especially at the beginning there's nearly no chance to actually experience them;

- added: it will randomly rain in the Zone now;

- added: post process visual effect during Zone exploration. It gets more and more prominent, the closer to the center player gets, where it would entirely change the look of the landscape. It is optional: can be disabled in initial settings;

- added: workbench, dedicated crafting GUI action at orange stash that integrates various crafting activities. Blueprints of weapons and cars can be now found during looting, but it's very rare except some special types of buildings (military/industrial);

- added: second container for keeping player's stuff next to the orange stash (hired guards will not take weaponry from that one);

- added: now the mortar, that can be found in two pieces and assembled, may be man by the player, not by the next hired AI guard, depending on new initial setting in the menu;

- re-balancing of town's resource production and storage capacity (more demanding);

- warper anomalies will now seriously affect vehicle's driving behavior, when close to the anomaly - riding into a warper not recommended;

- fixed: random CTDs cause at Zone exploration;

- fixed: weird cars driving behavior;

- fixed: strange grass/trees/etc. wind animations resets every 5 seconds;

- fixed: vanishing blue arcs pointing towards valuable stash after resuming saved game.

• Thanks 1

hallucinations - ha ha, I like that. Also can be bound with the psyche state.

Yes, exactly this, lingering longer in the Zone gradually lowers the psyche state, because of the horrors Gergory witnessed happening on that day. Trauma, which then induces hallucinations, the longer you stay in the Zone, the longer the consequences are felt, even when being out of the Zone. Now I'm not saying Greg should hallucinate for a week, but day or two should be good immersion.

I'm starting during the weekend the sound project about the scenario, I just can't grasp the time between studies, it's all hectic atm. :sad_o:

• Like 1

One thought: 

Adding the 'conversion' between ammunition and materials. Since you can craft magazines from materials, you can craft ammunition with some kind of ratio of 10 materials > 5 ammunition or something like that perhaps.

In fact, it should cost ammo, not materials, perhaps I'll change that back. Materials are used during regular ammo production though. If I add direct conversion materials -> ammo, ammo producers become pointless (and limited amount of produced ammo would make no sense). Unless the ratio will be harsh, like 10:1. 

• Like 1

Speaking of ammo, I've encountered something weird. When I loot the regular house, my ammo drops down instead of being added to the current amount. 

I just looted house with 80 ammo in stock, got +20, went to 100 then dropped down to 8.5... really weird. I don't think this happens with purple/green marked houses, just regular orange marked houses.

EDIT: Ughhhh, probably not a bug, my settlement was under attack by random gang patrol, so at one moment I saw ammo count dropping by one. But I still don't get it how it could drop from 100 to 8, there was 80 ammo, and turrets were active. I'll look further into this, but it quite possible it's not a bug after all. :hmmm:

Fractional values shouldn't appear anyway, I'll check that next week or so. Thanks for reporting. 🙂 Turret and a guard consumes one ammo per shot, a mortar - 100. 

• Like 1

Still having that ammo issue. I looted a purple marked house, and got +400 ammo. However, I watched how that numbers dwindles down to 28, it went down by 100. I don't understand. I have 5 or 6 turrets, and 4 guards. When my ammo went to 0, all turret marker went from red to black. I'll look further into this.

Can it be that as I receive the ammo, the turrets are rearming themselves so my ammo stock depletes that fast? I don't remember having any large firefights in settlement. 

The key here is, when exactly ammo is dropping. Should be dropping at every turret/guard shot by 1 and every mortar shot by 100 (at this point weapon's ammo is replenished by 1). Any other drop is a bug. 

• Like 1

I understand that, everyone consumes ammo by , except mortar, that goes for 100. And I noticed it, I always have red triangle above it (also I'm using ACEs load option to carry it around the map).

Maybe mortar was just meant for the settlement, but I can disassemble it and pack it into the car, without using the ACE load option, which is kinda the same, but using ACE, the mortar is placed somewhere way below in order to mimic the loaded option, so it's still 'out in the open', maybe that's causing the bug. I'm going to leave it in the settlement and try to get some ammo again.

Seems, if you choose mortar control initial setting to "player", it is possible, ammo will drop by 100 each time you assemble the mortar, if assembled lacks any ammo by default (then 100 ammo is removed and some shells added). Also not sure about ACE mortar, but scenario recognizes as mortar only one, specific class, which is vanilla blufor mortar: "B_Mortar_01_F". 

• Like 1

Mortar is doing something glitchy definitely, I'm just not sure how.

But anyway I accidentally ran over it and destroyed it xD and I don't want to stop playing so it's sitting in a corner in the town center, all rusty and ruined. 🤣

Started from the bottom now we here.

lp5nkM3.png

Happy holidays!

• Like 2

Welcome back in 2020. 🙂

It's time for...

Warping Plague 1.20 wip1:

1. Thanks to awesome contribution from @RZNUNKWN  (thanks again, man!) Warping Plague is now enriched with many new, custom sound effects (therefore doubled file size). First part concerns various radio messages background, second are the Zone enviromental sfx, third - see point 2. 🙂 As for Zone's sounds, these are positioned in 3D, and consist constant background hum and also dynamically spawned at random other weird noises. These are planned to be optional (not yet), with customizable volume/density. I appreciate the feedback regarding their general sound, frequency of occurence and volume. Experiences may differ one from another depending on audio settings and used sound hardware, for example music set on loud can drown out these sounds;

2. Hallucinations - both, sound and visual, may appear, if Psyche value drop to "BROKEN" level. A tip: best way to decrease the Psyche level would be, I'm affraid, to kill own towners...

Lets leave details as a surprise. 🙂 Experimental - let me know, how it works and what you think, guys. 

3. Psyche now divided into two hidden factors (the sum is displayed) - long term and short term. The latter includes currently only one thing: prolonged Zone exploration. The longer Gregory stay inside the Zone, the more prominent will be its negative influence on Gregory's mental state. Probably around one hour may bring Psyche from stable to broken. But the Psyche recovers from that in real time when out of the Zone. Speed of recover depends on current total Psyche and total time (all visits summed up), Gregory spent in the Zone (the longer, the slower recovery). Small part of that Zone influence is long term though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Rydygier!

I recently came back to your mission and I'm really enjoying how it has evolved over time. The world feels more alive and immersive, there really is a constant feeling of dread and danger around.

I also welcome the additional vehicles one can find around the island. This caused me to gimp myself quite fast though. If you find another vehicle somewhere and use it to fast travel back to your village it spawns right on top of the atv if you have left it in the usual spot. The vehicles get merged together and fireworks ensue.

It helps to park the vehicles around town, but if you forget you're gimped. Do you have a solution for this?

Great, you like new WP. 🙂 

It helps to park the vehicles around town, but if you forget you're gimped. Do you have a solution for this?

Thanks for reminding about this. Probably in 1.20 I'll apply to fast travel back to town same code, I'm using with crafting new vehs, that should ensure safe positioning (in reasonable limits).

• Like 1