Hello, I'm trying to find the sound/s that is made when glass breaks (i.e. when shooting a window in a house) but am coming up empty handed. I've gone as far as looking through the config browser and even unpbo'ed the "sounds_x.pbo's" but haven't found anything.

Any pointers?

\a3\sounds_f\arsenal\sfx\bullet_hits\glass_01.wss

\a3\sounds_f\weapons\hits\glass_1.wss

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not gonna lie here and say this was easy..... First though, for clarification I guess, when using playSound3D:

//Works:
a3\sounds_f\arsenal\sfx\bullet_hits\glass_01.wss

//Doesn't work:
\a3\sounds_f\arsenal\sfx\bullet_hits\glass_01.wss

Difference being the "\" at the start.

So, I don't know how this happened, but for a few hours of frustrated attempts to make things work, they just wouldn't. Initially, I got the sound to work the first time I tried it. I don't know what it was after that but no matter what I tried there was just silence. In the end, I realised that in Notepad++ the file directory that I had was for some reason wrong. It was right, but wrong. What I mean is, the directory that was copied into there wasn't working, but when I typed it out exactly as it was it started working again. I was getting the same results in the debug console (copied - failed, retyped and copied - WIN!!), and debug was where it all started after that initial success. All I changed before it stopped working was the number at the end of the file. So, mind f**ked, and it took ages to work that out.

Anyway, things are working as you'd expect. Just felt like putting that little experience out there.

edit: And thanks @major-stiffy for the suggestion. I briefly considered some external files to begin with but quickly decided to keep it light.

• Like 2