SeyTann

session lost if verifySignatures = 2;

Hello,

so i have a Problem joining my Server if verifySignatures is set to 2. i get an error joining my Mission saying session lost, if i Change it to verifySignatures = 0; i can join without any Problem but the Problem is People can join with mods and hacks is there any way to fix this Problem ?

Kind Regards

SeyTann

did u try without any mods and verifySignatures=2 ?

if this works then the bikey check could be failed against ur mods. your server needs exactly the same bikeys which r provided with the mods from your client.

1 hour ago, sarogahtyp said:

did u try without any mods and verifySignatures=2 ?

if this works then the bikey check could be failed against ur mods. your server needs exactly the same bikeys which r provided with the mods from your client.

Hey,

thanks for the fast Reply, yes before i installed any mods, i startet my Server normally and i got the error msg session lost.

if it's a signature problem. The session lost message should be telling you which pbo is the problem.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

if it's a signature problem. The session lost message should be telling you which pbo is the problem.

how can i see wich pbo if i get kicked from the Server ?

1 minute ago, Belbo said:

Take a look at the 1.90 troubleshooting-thread, there's a solution for your problem:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/222192-190-update-troubleshooting/

thank you but how do i do it? I bought the Server do i have to contact my Server Provider or can i do it my self.

2 minutes ago, SeyTann said:

thank you but how do i do it? I bought the Server do i have to contact my Server Provider or can i do it my self.

That's up to your server provider or your way of access to the server. I can't possibly know that - you have to find that out by yourself.

3 minutes ago, Belbo said:

That's up to your server provider or your way of access to the server. I can't possibly know that - you have to find that out by yourself.

can i add u on discord so u could help me i speak german aswell. if thats cool pls pm me your discord thank you.

7 minutes ago, SeyTann said:

can i add u on discord so u could help me i speak german aswell. if thats cool pls pm me your discord thank you. 

No discord, thank you. You have to research that yourself - it can't be that difficult.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Belbo said:

No discord, thank you. You have to research that yourself - it can't be that difficult.

No Problem already contacted my Server Provider thank you anyways for the fast Response and the help u provided 😁

So...

What I discovered on my rented server was that the server still had files in the arma3\addons folder that no longer are current in the vanilla game. An example is 'dubbing_radio_f_data.pbo'. Since the very last patch the 'session lost' message is now more descriptive, actually telling that files were missing. The file mentioned is one of them. Now, even running the server and client purely vanilla I can't connect to the server. My server provider renamed the 'addons' folder to 'addons_old' and installed a new 'addons' folder and now everything is working fine. I don't know if this is a Bohemia problem or a problem with the way my provider installs the server software, but it is fixed and I thought it might shed some light on the issue.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

So...

What I discovered on my rented server was that the server still had files in the arma3\addons folder that no longer are current in the vanilla game. An example is 'dubbing_radio_f_data.pbo'. Since the very last patch the 'session lost' message is now more descriptive, actually telling that files were missing. The file mentioned is one of them. Now, even running the server and client purely vanilla I can't connect to the server. My server provider renamed the 'addons' folder to 'addons_old' and installed a new 'addons' folder and now everything is working fine. I don't know if this is a Bohemia problem or a problem with the way my provider installs the server software, but it is fixed and I thought it might shed some light on the issue.

wait so i have to tell my Server Provider to delete the files or to rename them because i still get session lost with 'dubbing_radio_f_data.pbo' 

7 minutes ago, SeyTann said:

wait so i have to tell my Server Provider to delete the files or to rename them because i still get session lost with 'dubbing_radio_f_data.pbo' 

Yes!

I have the same situation with my provider. Need to work it off via support tickets. This is still ongoing and will hopefully find an end tonight.

There are a few old files which are not deleted by steam after the last updates. Now the server checks up if you as client have all the files the server has.

If there is a difference you will get kicked. So everything what the server is running in vanilla (dlc´s included) has to be also ran by the client.

Same for mods (-mod =....)

Hope this explains it

3 minutes ago, Muecke said:

Yes!

I have the same situation with my provider. Need to work it off via support tickets. This is still ongoing and will hopefully find an end tonight.

There are a few old files which are not deleted by steam after the last updates. Now the server checks up if you as client have all the files the server has.

If there is a difference you will get kicked. So everything what the server is running in vanilla (dlc´s included) has to be also ran by the client.

Same for mods (-mod =....)

Hope this explains it

@Muecke Thank you dude i will msg my Server Provider Right now!