Sign in to follow this  
WPK-ArmedVeteran

Make mod items available as editor assets

Hi! I've searched for it for quite a while now and wasn't able to find a solution. How do I make items defined in CfgWeapons visible in the Assets section in 3den Editor? CfgVehicles stuff is obviously available by default, because I can see units and backpacks, but other stuff doesn't appear there.

Thanks in advance.

You make a cfgVehicles weapon holder - it's basically a single-item ammo box with a proxy that shows the object.

Example of one that holds a cfgWeapons optics attachment (classname for the cfgWeapons object I want the editor object to hold is RKSL_optic_RMR_MS19, which you see in the TransportItems subclass):

class CfgVehicles
{
	class Item_Base_F; // External class reference

class RKSL_Item_optic_RMR_MS19: Item_Base_F
	{
		scope = 2;
		scopeCurator = 2;
		displayName = "[RKSL] Trijicon RMR (MS19)";
		author = "da12thMonkey";
		dlc = "RKSL_Attachments";
		vehicleClass = "WeaponAccessories";
		editorCategory = "EdCat_WeaponAttachments";
		editorSubcategory = "EdSubcat_TopSlot_Collimators";
		class TransportItems
		{
			class RKSL_optic_RMR_MS19
			{
				name = "RKSL_optic_RMR_MS19";
				count = 1;
			};
		};
	};
};

Key difference with weapons is that you want to use Weapon_Base_F instead of Item_Base_F and you can have an additional TransportMagazines subclass if you want it to carry a magazine ready with the weapon too:

class CfgVehicles
{
	class Weapon_Base_F;

class ##EditorObject_classname##: Weapon_Base_F
	{
		class TransportWeapons
	  	{
	   		class ##classname##
	   		{
				weapon = ##classname##;
				count = 1;
	   		};
	  	};
		class TransportMagazines
	  	{
	   		class ##magazineclass##
	   		{
				magazine = ##magazineclass##;
	   			count = 1;
	  	 	};
	  	};
	};
};

• Like 2

dlc is probably not needed. I don't think the original purpose that addon makers used that for (the little mod folder icons at the side of Eden and Arsenal) requires it anymore.

editorCategory = "EdCat_Weapons"; might be needed. I don't know if it's inherited from Weapon_Base_F or not. But as you identified, you probably want to sort out editorSubcategory for each weapon so that it ends up in the right MG, rifle, pistol etc. category

• Like 1

Alright, thanks ❤️
One more thing I'd like to ask, if you're able to help me with that. Any idea why my uniforms T-pose when on the ground? Should I add a model for the folded uniform or did I mess something up with inheritance?

Yeah, the ground model for the uniform is a separate one defined in the cfgWeapons class. The T-pose human shaped model is the one that is pathed in the cfgVehicles unit class. I.e. the character class that the unit switches too when the uniform item is worn.

You see that for most Arma 3 uniforms it is model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\..." for the item

• Like 1