wet tent

Need help with WWII Mission making

Hello!

I run a WWII Milsim unit and need to make an op for this Saturday. I want to have a spawn where my guys can load in, and kit up with BI Virtual Arsenal, and then I want to have a spawn point on a moving, AI controlled plane ( C -47 ) that all of my guys can spawn into, it puts them in a seat, and we can then jump out accordingly. Is this possible?

Welcome on forum.

- You should browse Steam and/or other sites with arma3 WW2 search and upload an existing mission;

- for more specific one, post in the right section;
- for miracle, add one week delay.

Mmmm, ok.... it might be plausible but it would need scripting:

1) For the spawn in base you need to set respawn in custom location, for this you go to the editor ON YOUR MISSION, and go to the Atributes >> Multiplayer tab. Then, scroll and find "Respawn". There you have to change it to Respawn on Custom location, and in the box below, tick select respawn position.

2) If you want to allow players to gear up before boarding the plane, put the previous respawn where the crates are and then put something to use as a teleporter, an item like a flag or something. Then, in its init field copy this:

this addAction 
[
    "<t color='#FF0000'>Board Plane</t>", 
    {
        (_this select 1) moveincargo plane;
    },
    [],
    true, 
    false, 
    "",
    "vehicle _this == _this && alive _this", // _target, _this, _originalTarget
    false,
    "",
    ""
];

Haven´t tested it, but it should work

17 hours ago, ofp_f3d3 said:

Mmmm, ok.... it might be plausible but it would need scripting:

1) For the spawn in base you need to set respawn in custom location, for this you go to the editor ON YOUR MISSION, and go to the Atributes >> Multiplayer tab. Then, scroll and find "Respawn". There you have to change it to Respawn on Custom location, and in the box below, tick select respawn position.

2) If you want to allow players to gear up before boarding the plane, put the previous respawn where the crates are and then put something to use as a teleporter, an item like a flag or something. Then, in its init field copy this:

this addAction 
[
    "<t color='#FF0000'>Board Plane</t>", 
    {
        (_this select 1) moveincargo plane;
    },
    [],
    true, 
    false, 
    "",
    "vehicle _this == _this && alive _this", // _target, _this, _originalTarget
    false,
    "",
    ""
];

Haven´t tested it, but it should work

so i put that code in the planes INIT and sync the teleporter to the plane?

1 hour ago, wet tent said:

so i put that code in the planes INIT and sync the teleporter to the plane?

No, that code goes in the init field of an object, "plane" is the name of the vehicle you want to use. Its 1 respawn position but lets you rearm and then teleport to the plane to jump.