Leopard20

[Solved] Units assigned as Cargo are ordered to disembark by leader

Hey everyone.

I currently have a big problem with getting my mission to work properly and it's because the cargo units keep disembarking the vehicle. All units and vehicles (empty) are created after mission starts (it's a dynamic mission) and then I use assignAs... + orderGetIn to get the AI to get in vehicles. 

The only workaround I've found is to use:

_unit moveInCargo [_veh, _index] ;

[_unit] allowGetIn true;

[_unit] orderGetIn true

in an onEachFrame loop to get the unit to stay in. However, it causes the vehicle to stop every meter (excep for helicopters, thanks to allowGetIn which seems to work for helos), because the stupid leader still wants to disembark the units.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

First of all, there must be enough available seats onboard. Say it's OK.

Then, did you test addVehicle ? Then, nothing more than a simple order/waypoint.

As reminder: Verify also the damage on vehicle (without more code, vanilla engine will disembark units from a disabled vehicle).

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

First of all, there must be enough available seats onboard. Say it's OK.

Then, did you test addVehicle ? Then, nothing more than a simple order/waypoint.

As reminder: Verify also the damage on vehicle (without more code, vanilla engine will disembark units from a disabled vehicle).

Tested addVehicle as well. No luck.

Like I said, the leader DISEMBARKS the units (they remain inside for like a second or two). So obviously they are already INSIDE. So damage and free seat is irrelevant as I've already checked those out.

The leader only disembarks the cargo units, not the gunner or commander or driver or even turrets. As if he's trying to tell them to go and fight! That's why it's weird.

without context, mods used, vehicle used, units used, waypoints... it's hard to reproduce such things.

Ok. Let me try without some mods. See if it helps. I don't use any AI mods though. The only mod that might be responsible is CBA (others are just sound, unit, weapon, etc mods)

BTW, all units and vehicles are vanilla. No waypoints, no nothing. It's just some code that orders units to mount a vehicle (either for being transported by another group or permanent use). I will post it when I get a chance.

show ur code in a wider context and tell where it is run (client/server/everywhere?).

• Like 1

Nevermind. It was a mistake on my end. I  was mistakenly applying an animation to the unit when he was inside, thus forcing him to disembark.