Скачать видео

World War III started on 21 July 1985.

How exactly did the war sparked is out of anyone's guess now. Probably a development of the recent Maldens crisis.

Frontier clashes between Warsaw Treaty troops and NATO forces along the Inner German border quickly escalated into an all-out nuclear exchange with thousands of warheads raining down throughout Europe.

As a young Soviet conscript, who serves his draft in the GDR, jump into the thickest of action amidst the atomic butchery of the early battles in central Germany.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

little demo from the pack's cinematic scenes, best viewed with at least 720p quality, thanks to nettrucker for splendid technical support

Скачать видео

• Like 2

Greetings, comrades,

the pack is designed to provide a gamer a set of relatively short, 20-30 minutes, scenarios full of intense action.

The idea was to put a player into the shoes of a rank-and-file soldier taking part in a typical combined-arms operation IAW real-life tactics and doctrinal procedures.

And to show this action in the pretext of a hypothetic major war in Europe that could break out in the 1980s.

Heavy emphasis has been upon maintaining the original "Operation Flashpoint" atmosphere and mission design style. Spiced with a little extra realism.

• Like 2

On the strange naming.

"Mabuta" is an old Soviet Army (and now Russian) jargon for non-flying, non-jumping, and non-sailing personnel. 

i.e. troops that are not considered as elite - infantry, tankers, artillery, air defense, pipeline troops - you've got the idea.

Often used as a kind of derogatory term by airborne or navy folks. 

In any war, however, it is mabuta who does most of the job on the battlefield.

Humble and reliable workhorse of the Soviet Army.

• Like 1

Features:

• full-fledged intro cutscenes, briefings, OFP-style overviews, custom, and third-party scripts;
  • an array of different military specialties for the player;
  • extended background story, based on the Cold War-era military concepts and actual war plans;
  • simulation of all the basic forms of combat as per Soviet military doctrine: offense, defense, and meeting engagement - all in rapid succession;
  • dynamic simulation of the battle radio traffic throughout the entire scenario - tasking, casualties, maneuvering, recon updates, targets handling e.t.c.
  • authentic Soviet radio call-signs, actual Soviet and US squad-to-company orders of battle of the 1980s in Europe;
  • coordinated infantry-armor-artillery action with occasional air support - each of the combat elements performs it's specific set of tasks, which is the universal approach for both Eastern and Western combined-arms tactical doctrines throughout the decades since WWII and into the XXI century;
  • working defensive positions: either infantry or armor make maximum use of cover, and pop-up from their entrenchments tactically [updated: vehicles compensate for the terrain gradient in the process];
  • working suppressive fires: machine guns, grenade launchers, BMP or Bradley cannons, tank gunfire - everything is being thrown into action to keep the enemy down and miserable while friendly dismounts are getting onto him;
  • working protective fires: similarly to the above, all the available barrels are used to disrupt a hostile attack and then try to trap the assaulting enemy in the open - prey for mortars;
  • artillery support is set up IAW Soviet Army's artillery regulation of the era - PSUO-1983: standing, creeping, and rolling barrages, concentrated fire, successive concentrations, standard densities of fire, obscuration and screening smoke missions;
  • the defending enemy, being hit by friendly mortar/artillery fires is not a senseless cannon fodder - the bastards shelter while leaving alert gunners and re-emerge after the barrage have passed;
  • attacking and counterattacking elements make maximum use of arty/mortar support - they hug into the friendly barrage attempting to be on top of the enemy before he recovers and fully re-activates the defenses;
  • enhanced replayability: heavily randomized number of enemy personnel, crew-served weapons, defensive positions - either field ones or within built-up areas. Not absolutely though - just to avoid some of the tasks getting kid-stuff easy of unbearably difficult;
  • optional counterattack positions and directions - again, while replaying you don't get all the same tactical situation;
  • either friendlies or enemies constantly exchange battlefield information, like if a squad haven't been able to deal with a new target within 30-40 seconds to 2-3 minutes they feed it to their supporting tank or alert neighbor squads;
  • creeping cover fires by supporting weapons/crews - they keep engaging their targets till the last possible moment and when assaulting friendlies reach the relevant safety line they shift fires deeper into the objective.

• Like 3

Hello Batteriefuhrer

that sounds pretty cool have you already a release date in mind or is it too early to talk about it?

Keep up the nice work.

Cheers

Greets, mate,

frankly speaking, they should've been ready a week ago, but the last test runs revealed a number of bugs which along with some real-life events resulted in all the plans being totally disrupted.

A couple of relatively free evenings should do the thing, but I can't say anything for certain currently, sorry.

So glad I found this now! Nice to see you are developing content to A2 as you mentioned earlier!

Good luck and if you need assistance let me know and I'll see what can be done for the common good of this community!

Thanks.

Hi, Kalle,

thanks, that's very nice of you!

Still, have to sort out those issues, the rest should be easier. And I will certainly ask for your help at this phase )

• Like 1

Greets, gentlemen,

due to the spiraling clasterf@ck in some RL things the initial release version got somewhat smaller.

All scenarios containing buggy or simply unreliable solutions will be omitted from the first version and added as updates as soon as the time-schedule permitted.

The pack will be released as demo scenarios for the Cold War Rearmed² version 1.6

• Like 2

On the final version content.

The complete set will contain several packs, which are essentially the same scenarios but converted for different CWR's fractions on different CWR terrains.

Each pack is made up of two parts: combined arms scenarios and spec ops scenarios.

The combined arms portion depicts one the same offensive battle but played from the perspective of a tanker, an infantryman, a crewman, and an enemy soldier on the receiving end of this attack.
i.e. four missions,

plus shorties: MANPADS mission, Anti-Armor mission, sapper, sniper, guard duty (night). 

In the later update will be added an armored recon, a recce helo, and a gunship mission which are still under the development and are currently postponed.

The spec ops portion is made up of three typical combat recce ops: ambush, raid, terminal guidance (i.e. target recon + directing a strike + battle damage assessment).

This approach is supposed to showcase the maximum of the CWR's inventory. At least within a specific fraction.

The upcoming Mabuta pack - is the combined arms version for the CWR's Soviet Army. Will come simultaneously with the GRU spetsnaz set.

After the 1.6 release Mabuta will be followed by the Morpehi pack (Russian jargon for the marines) + naval GRU, then Desantura pack (jargon for the airborne) + VDV recon missions. Then yank version: Army + Green Berets.

These are more or less realistic plans.

But if I felt things are going very nice I would continue for the Volksarmee and the Bundeswehr.

And ideally, I would convert demos for other CWR nations. But this is more a theoretical probability.

• Like 1

The Mabuta pack will be delivered on 5-6 Apr.

well, unless some more RL sh&t hits the fan during these days. Which shouldn't be the case.

The CWR 1.6 release is expected to happen within a day or two.

• Like 2

The CWR 1.6 will release within an hour or two. Will report.

The demo pack will follow this Saturday or Sunday, the timing inconsistency is purely my fault. Sorry.

4 hours ago, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

CWR ver. 1.6 released.

I'm not making any reviews here. This is W0lle and his crew, you know what to expect.

Demos to follow.

Oh damn! You got me! 😂

20 hours ago, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

contacting the admin to reposition the topic

Admin didn't get the message apparently.
But I randomly stumbled upon this and have moved the thread for you o7.

Next time if you want to contact a moderator you can just report your own post.

Thank you, Dedmen, I'm new to this, it's my first BI topic ever, the earlier stuff has been handled by nettrucker, unlike me, he didn't make any stupid things.

Always nice to see content for A2.

Good luck with it all. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello there.

What is the current status of development? Are you still working on this mission pack?

Cheers