maxl30

I love A3 but it goes boring

The huge gap of content, the not interesting mp modes, the huge number of unused interesting content (nato woodland uniform, nato gorgon), the huge number of unused places on all maps in the campaigns, the engine which didnt allows what the game needs (bigger vehicles like naval vessels), the not existing fractions wich where possible (north african csat, varius nato armys like the bitish army, ...), not existing sample textures of the A3 content, not existing fuctions for the eden editor.

I really love Arma 3 but it goes boring, what is your opinion to this ?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, maxl30 said:

The huge gap of content

May I introduce you to "mods"?

One could fill weeks just trying out new mods, without even really playing with them.

It's a sandbox game, I'd say that's the game genre that get's least boring overtime, because you can always do new stuff.

21 minutes ago, maxl30 said:

the huge number of unused places on all maps

You can make your own Missions, or play other peoples missions.

the not existing fractions wich where possible

Mods add hundreds of factions!

22 minutes ago, maxl30 said:

not existing fuctions for the eden editor

There are mods like 3DEN Enhanced with add lots of features to the editor.

• Like 3

I really love Arma 3 but it goes boring, what is your opinion to this ?

Its certainly not boring, I would suggest trying out one of the many mods out there such as RHS, CUP, Unsung etc

Personally I never cared too much about variety of textures, amount of factions or, above all, about MP (could not even exist for me). To me more important is, what interesting stuff I can do with existing content, and there's lots of it. 

My opinion is, Arma 3 will become boring to me, when I'll be out of fresh ideas, where I could take it with my projects - scripts, scenarios, etc. 

I think, short answer to "Arma 3 gets boring" is already given: mods. Use them or, even better, create some. Creativity may prove to be more engaging, than playing, as it was in my case. 

That being said, I truly am looking forward to see Arma 4 one day.

• Like 3

One can have a bunker-full of modded assets for sure.

But proper-good SP missions / campaigns are few and far between.

And with the currently broken LAN Coop, i've found myself not launching A3 at all.

As for "muh creativity" - IMO there are far more feature-rich and user-friendly platforms to vent it *cought UE4 *cought Unity 🙄

OG OFP / ArmA is my favorite game series ever

but there is only SO much mileage one can get out of an outdated semi-broken engine and a boring over-used F U T U U R E warfare setting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

My opinion is, Arma 3 will become boring to me, when I'll be out of fresh ideas, where I could take it with my projects - scripts, scenarios, etc. 

I think, short answer to "Arma 3 gets boring" is already given: mods. Use them or, even better, create some. Creativity may prove to be more engaging, than playing, as it was in my case. 

That being said, I truly am looking forward to see Arma 4 one day.

Yes, i mean the same, but my intension on A3 at first was naval combat, the first trailer i saw includes the ability of diving and i was for the coming months only on thinking what we can do with divers and sea grounds, but after the release there where only this small boats and after some months they didnt change the placeholder boats (every fraction still have the same), then this placeholder gun turrets, this placeholder artilery tank turret, the wrong number of lights on the buzzard and the landing bug on the buzzard (theyre still didnt fix it), this crap sounds where i think that they use for special guns the same sounds, the british army which is in A3 not available (only in the campaign mentioned) ...

When tanoa was released, i had big hopes, car ferrys for this ferry stations on tanoa (how they want to make open world campaign on tanoa without working travel conections ?) , diver scooter for diver missions, diffrent submarines (nato, aaf, csat), but there came nothing of them.

The big problem isnt that there are so much missing, the big problem is, that there are so much functions are missing, since A2 i want working SAM systems wich i can drive around, since A2 i want big working ships/vessels wich i can drive around and give my inf troops support or fight on sea with my enemy, more then the ability of clothing your character or diving you havnt in A3, there is not much more and also no possibilities for modding in this direction.

Mods are good but not erverything have the same quality like RHS or A3 Vanilla, and not much can run much mods on here PCs.

Ough, and the highest moment of all sadness was the release of the SAM systems wich you cant move with the HEMTT or CSAT vehicle and the release of this beautyful carrier wich you cant drive, the carrier is of course usefull but it would have been better it would pilotable (i know, there is a size limit of vehicles -_-), the other ship is useless, of course nice looking, but it is for every naval fan a kick in the ass !

7 hours ago, maxl30 said:

naval fan

So let me get this straight - you bought an infantry simulator and got disappointed that it does, in fact, simulate infantry, and not some absolutely unrelated aspect of modern combat?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, semiconductor said:

So let me get this straight - you bought an infantry simulator and got disappointed that it does, in fact, simulate infantry, and not some absolutely unrelated aspect of modern combat?

Because Arma isnt a infantry simulator, it is a "massive-military-sandbox".

On 3/20/2019 at 6:57 AM, maxl30 said:

Because Arma isnt a infantry simulator, it is a "massive-military-sandbox".

Sorry but you're mistaken.

Since OFP (2001), Arma (2006) and Arma 2 (2009) the series has has clearly focused on "tactical shooter with significant vehicle elements".

Still don't believe me? Then  look at Arma 3's (2013) DLC strategy: Helicopters (2014), Marksman (2015), Apex (2016), Jets (2016), Laws of War (2017), Tac Ops (2017), Tanks (2018).

The core of the game is focus on infantry, with vehicle additions.

Did you spot the Marine DLC? Neither did I.

Did I wish it had one? I certainly did and still do...

• Like 1