Sign in to follow this  
Diguelo2k17

Alternative crashes after update

Since the update to 1.90,  my game not only crashes but it slaps a BSD and reboot without warning. I dont do online play and my headset is plugged into a green 3.5mm socket on my motherboard. Ive had a scout through my addons, then all of a sudden the game disappears off my computer and Steam starts to download the entire thing, DLC packs, Addons, all 35GB of it last night.

So when it had finally done and got itself all new and shiny with that newly installed game smell. didnt last long, crashes continued to happen.

So this is how far ive got so far in trying to find out why

Machine:

i7 6700K Skylake @4.00GHz

32GB of DDR4 Ram @ 2100MHz (neither is being overclocked)

MSI GTX970 NVIDIA 4G Graphics, DDR5

Asus Z170-A Motherboard

Onboard Realtek Sound,

Stereo headset, green socket not USB

Since 2017 Arma has run absolutely perfect with no issues, addons perform perfect. Now the longest time I kept a game running is an hour.

I dont do online any more, so Battleye is turned off

Games installed on a seperrate drive, not C as its been since first install.

Junk has been cleaned out

Registry has been cleaned of bad entries

M2 drive has had the tails clipped off all files, (SSD so no defrag needed)

Game drive has had full clean out and total defrag

Settings on the game are all on max as they have been for two years. Game played with no addons loaded at all so its just plain Vanilla.  And it crashes crashes and crashes. No overheating issues, nothing gets over 40 degrees.

Ive done all I can think of including copied out my game saves and started new games and configs from scratch. All settings match original so I am stumped, any help would be appreciated.

• Sad 1

Does it give you any specific error when crashing?

Have you verified your game files?

Have you ensured you don't have any problems with your hardware?

Does your RPT give any useful information? 

No, just random events in ARma 3 since the update and redownload. The crashes rarely leave any trace tofind out whats going on.

I could be in a mission SP, then a system reboot like a powert off and restart happens. Ive checked every piece of hardware. The only system resets happen in Arma 3. Out of curiosity I played Arma 2 and that works same as ever over three hours.

Played Arma 3 and five minutes later reset

Ive done the Check File Integrity in the Steam interface and just forthe sake of trying, I uninstalled the software and deleted the main folder once uninstalled. Left the Addons out of it in another folder so I didnt have to redownload them. Did another drive defrag, System cleanup and then reinstalle it from Steam. Same thing happened after new profile made and that lasted around 10 minutes.

Does it happen when you're playing arma unmodded?

Could you share one or more RPTs from a session in which you crash?

I would if it had chance to create any, just had another one and the crash log is empty. it just hits into reboot. Last time I saw this was back in the days of XP SP2 when that was a seriously unstable system. The crashes only occur playing Arma 3, every other piece of software is fine. All temperature checks are fine, nothings even getting mildly warm, ie over 50 deg c, processor has no spikes on monitor, graphics has no spikes, memory has a few 5% jumps, but out of 32GB thats nothing. All drivers are the latest and the video drivers were last updated way before 1.90 was released. Ive reinstalled the graphics drivers, but that made no difference. 

Cant understand it, previous version could be played, left on pause for breaks, three four days at a time with no issue. 1.90 comes in and its crashing out and instantly rebooting. Ive turned windows updates off just in case its that, so theres no background downloading.

cant find a way on steam to revert to previous build at least that was stable.

Sorry yes it happens with Wikis mod in, CBA, MCC4, vanilla and I have 30 odd gigs of content, not tried most of it yet. Vanilla or mods it crashes out. Had a debugger come up and when I tried to get into it, Arma was stuck on the screen and wouldnt close, couldnt get at task manager with it already open for monitoring..

1 minute ago, Diguelo2k17 said:

Sorry yes it happens with Wikis mod in, CBA, MCC4, vanilla and I have 30 odd gigs of content, not tried most of it yet. Vanilla or mods it crashes out. Had a debugger come up and when I tried to get into it, Arma was stuck on the screen and wouldnt close, couldnt get at task manager with it already open for monitoring..

You may want to check out the thread on 1.90 Issues - https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/222192-190-update-troubleshooting/

Thankls already have, I dont do connection issues, I dont play online, just SP missions and campaigns as well as development. I had already read that thread and it doesnt apply to my situation and I dont use USB headsets ever. Thanks for the info though, appreciate it

• Thanks 1

Event viewer caught one of the power off resets this morning

Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date:          19/03/2019 09:32:26
Event ID:      41
Task Category: (63)
Level:         Critical
Keywords:      (70368744177664),(2)
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      ***********************
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-03-19T09:32:26.106843500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>48500</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>*********************</Computer>
    <Security UserID=***************** />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Out of curiosity I changed the PSU in case it was that. It wasnt, same type of crash happened an hour after the new one was in. I had checked the Power supply that came out, the whole thing is perfect, its a corsair 750W its over rated so its under run on my machine, the total power load is less than 400W the PSU doesnt even get hot. Checked all the motherboard heat sinks and they are all cold and secure.

Im stumped.

Edited by Diguelo2k17
Editing private information, comp ID and security keys.