Taylor1984

Get position on top of object

Hi

Say I want to check if a unit is standing in eg a corner of a concrete slab object, how do I get the position of the corner regardless of what direction the concrete slab is facing? I guess it's like getPos but with some kind of modeltoworld thing? I mean the following wouldn't work obviously unless the slab was always facing the same direction:

_pos = [(getPos _slab select 0)+2,(getPos _slab select 1)+2,(getPos _slab select 2)+1]

Thanks

worldToModel maybe, you will get relative coordinates in model space, which you can then compare with boundingBox of the slab, or some preset coordinates you define yourself

On 3/18/2019 at 11:02 PM, Taylor1984 said:

Hi

Say I want to check if a unit is standing in eg a corner of a concrete slab object, how do I get the position of the corner regardless of what direction the concrete slab is facing? I guess it's like getPos but with some kind of modeltoworld thing? I mean the following wouldn't work obviously unless the slab was always facing the same direction:

_pos = [(getPos _slab select 0)+2,(getPos _slab select 1)+2,(getPos _slab select 2)+1]

Thanks

if [2, 2, 1] is ur relative position from slabs center then:

_world_pos_corner = _slab modelToWorld [2,2,1];

look at wiki:

modelToWorld

2 hours ago, DeathF0X said:

@DeathF0X what should this help with?