Sign in to follow this  
Ixian

Any newb friendly tutorials?

Hi,

I just downloaded O2 today and have been reading tutorials for about 2 weeks on O2. And to sum it all up I have learned *nothing* all the tutorials are for people who pretty much know how to use O2 or know what its talking about. Even tutorials that are titled like "O2 tutorials for newbs" arent for newbs there for advanced users. So I make this post to see if anyone knows where I can get a new friendly tutorial somwhere or maybe lessons. texturing and modeling is what im trying to learn.

oxygen is just something hard to learn and it also takes time to learn even me after 6 months with oxygen i still find some things i didnt now every week smile.gif

Is O2 what to use for retexturing also?

its what i use to set the texture directory and i use photoshop to edit the textures

Well ok, how do you get the file in the right format that you want to retexture? Do I take the addon and convert it or something?

What tools do you already have. i have successfully imported loads of stuff from G-Max using milkshape and a quality little program called Anim8or. if you can use G-max or Milkshape you should be laughing. Even better if you Have 3DStudioMax, but who can afford that tounge.giftounge.gifwink.gifxmas.gif

I have no clue what your talking about. All I have is O2 stuff.

o2 is the most easy thing to model low poly models to me

i dont have much modelling experience but i made some models like BTR80 and YRP 765 PRI without blueprint and they look perfect biggrin.gif

For several tutorials, check the O2 Doc forum. The rest of the conversation in this thread is more suitable via PM:s

Closing smile.gif