Does anyone know of any completely flat open source desert terrain?

Anything 10x10km would be nice.

Ok I will try that again, I didnt have any luck the other 3 times.

This one is 20x20km but it is a flat desert none the less:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1091034492&searchtext=huangye

These are all also from the same maker but slight variations:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1251164469

All of them are 20x20km but are the closest that I know of to your request.

They are very nice and what im looking for but open source would be nice. Do you think it would be easier to make my own?

Even if some one could make one for me that would be really nice. I just want to mess around with importing things to terrain builder.

I know nothing of terrain building myself. At least what you are seeking is a pretty good simple start for learning. I would search some tutorials, start small, and learn it piece by piece the best you can. Don't overwhelm yourself right off from the start. Crawl, walk, run until you get there.

Also consider inquiring with a team already working on a map and see if you can contribute in order to progress your own skills.

2 hours ago, An_A3_Dev said:

Even if some one could make one for me that would be really nice. I just want to mess around with importing things to terrain builder.

This where so many people fail, you can't do that for terrain building. There is far more to it than just importing it and thinking you are good to go. Then people make it worse for themselves by going to watch youtube videos like JAF, who spread misinformation.

Add to that source files are broke most of the time and you have 0 chance of learning mapping.

3 hours ago, An_A3_Dev said:

Ok I will try that again, I didnt have any luck the other 3 times.

Did you try asking for help on here or the Discord? The Discord is very active and best place to get help tbh. The PMC guide has had input from a lot of people and is always kept up to date.

What step did you run into issues?

Yes on both discord and on here and people were not nice. I didn't understand what I was doing and they kept acting like I was stupid and wouldn't help. All I was doing is asking questions to try and understand what im doing wrong. My one friend cole helped me a little and I fully understand how to import things to terrain builder and I know how to use terrain builder. I already did it with kelleysisland and still use the map to this day. I have never made my own terrain cause I never could get it working and no one would help me to get it working. So I would always run in to problems around here (Select processing tab) on the PMC tutorial. Like it wont let me make the layers or the ground would be all white and have no texture.

Why do you call yourself "An A3 Dev" if you can't even make a flat empty map? I don't think you're gonna get much more help here as it's mostly the same people that frequent the Terrain Makers Discord. Just follow the PMC guide as best as you can, then when you get stuck on something you ask for help. If people see you've obviously ignored something in the PMC guide they're not gonna bother to help you out.

39 minutes ago, opteryx said:

Why do you call yourself "An A3 Dev" if you can't even make a flat empty map? I don't think you're gonna get much more help here as it's mostly the same people that frequent the Terrain Makers Discord. Just follow the PMC guide as best as you can, then when you get stuck on something you ask for help. If people see you've obviously ignored something in the PMC guide they're not gonna bother to help you out.

So what does a name have to do with anything. My name means nothing, its just a name. I have followed that PMC guide and even had a guy name Cole Slaughter watch me do it and it still didn't work. He tried to help me fix it or try to fix it but nothing worked. Thats why I was asking if there was any flat open source terrains. I have done everything in order and the same problem happens over and over again. The terrain is all white and none of the terrain edits save.

If I remember right, Cole Slaughter was using random junk configs and files...

white terrain, can be a number of things.

Did you use arma tools or arma3p to setup the P drive?
Using bulldozer or arma3.exe for bulldozer?

Did you export layers?

Did you convert the layers to .paa?
Did you import the sat / mask using the correct options in file > import?

Map Samplers correct?
Sat / Mask the same size as your map samplers?

Sat / Mask at the correct coords?

Is the map white at close range?

layers.cfg paths correct?

texture rvmats paths correct?

1. Arma 3 Tools

2. bulldozer

3. yes

4. yes

5. yes

6. yes

7. yes

8. yes

9. all ranges

10. yes

11. yes

Ok I have fixed the white terrain problem. I had a file typed wrong but when I use pboProject I get this:

scanning for pbos to make....
preprocessing testmap.pbo
<scanning files to pack>
<Creating a land_class config>

</land_class>
</endscan>
creating texheaders.bin
using binarise.exe to binarise wrp
<copying/crunching to temp>
</end copy/crunch>
<searching for cfgWorlds.NameOfWrp>

rebuilding testmap\config.bin.cfgPatches.units[]=...(altered)
Checking cfgSurfaces and clutter...cfgSurfaces,cfgSurfaceChars,or clutter is not defined

I have unticked the warning box like this says to (its not the same error that the guide says you will get so I dont know what this is) and I have used the config that the PMC guide says to but changed tut_tutorial_terrain to testmap