@ArmaFiend

How you getting on with this mod? I looked at doing something like this a long time ago and never realised someone had given it a crack.

Looks really nice and had a play this evening. Should be a really good for mission makers if you can get the AI to play nicely.

One small detail I noticed when walking round was a lack of door hinges. Seems a pointless detail but being able to see or not see hinges let's you know if the door is inward or outward opening. Just a little touch that would go down a treat for making CQB ops a more precise and less guess work as to whether you're about to open a door onto the team.

Again, nice work! Hoping you havent shelved it else i might have to download blender and give it a go at last.

Thank you for this awsome mod! My Clan had a Mission feauturing this Ship Last Night and we were all stunned. Again , thank you for this Mod. 

Greetings 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 4:13 AM, Selvo Domenico said:

Thank you for this awesome mod! My Clan had a Mission featuring this Ship Last Night and we were all stunned. Again , thank you for this Mod. 

Greetings 

Flattery will get you everywhere in life. Did it work well for all? The most I played with is 5. Workable for them. I have a version with floor markings and interior I may need to post the mission file or on steam now that templates are at hand. I don't have it done yet. I am the slowest Arma mod dev. There is still an arostat I am working on.

=

6 hours ago, ArmaFiend said:

I have a version with floor markings and interior I may need to post the mission file or on steam now that templates are at hand.

That would be awesome! Sorry for my ignorance on the matter...but making it sinkable...even partially, would that be much more complicated?

Great mod indeed, mate!

8 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

That would be awesome! Sorry for my ignorance on the matter...but making it sinkable...even partially, would that be much more complicated?

The problem with sinking and listing is that it basically makes it moving. And the units don't like it at all. I tried listing and sinking on the Nimitz and as soon as stuff like planes, tractors and units were on the flightdeck, it looks more funny than good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

it looks more funny than good.

I see...thanks anyway.

On 11/28/2020 at 6:12 AM, ArmaFiend said:

Flattery will get you everywhere in life. Did it work well for all? The most I played with is 5. Workable for them. I have a version with floor markings and interior I may need to post the mission file or on steam now that templates are at hand. I don't have it done yet. I am the slowest Arma mod dev. There is still an arostat I am working on.

=

We had zero problems except the ladders/stairs, but i think thats more of an arma Problem. Deck markings would be a very nice detail. for us it was quite not easy to navigate throughout all rooms but id did work out and again, there were no problems like falling through the floor into the water or similiar.

And to the flattery part: Im just thankfull that there a people out there giving free stuff. I dont have the skills to do stuff like that.

On 11/28/2020 at 5:56 AM, zagor64bz said:

Great mod indeed, mate!

No ignorance, I agree with you. I have have a script that can sink most all static Arma 3 ships.  I have sunk USS Liberty, Nimitz, My Own and the CUP WASP. They all have their parts that can be changed slowly over time to be lower in the ocean. It looks weird. Also, Detecting the types of missiles.... if they are anti-ship munitions, damage calculations on a large scale ship is hard. We also need better anti-ship missile scripting with arma... or I am ignorant of some anti-ship missile tech and how o implement.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 12:56 PM, zagor64bz said:

Great mod indeed, mate!

It depends. If you refer to the ship itself - no problem at all. I've done tests for mutliple ships ranged from 60m long patrol craft up to 250m long cruiser. You can set it up so that you can have drivable/sinkable ship or even dissembark the ship and walk on the sinking ship's deck after it was destroyed. However, as it was stated earlier - as soon as you use such addon on a server, all physx interactions between the ship and things like supplies, vehicles and players may go really wrong due to net/server performance. I haven't tried with altering friction of a PhysX but don't have much hope in this regard and any of interest neither as it won't affect AFM-enabled helicopter (which has its own ground contact system, not related to physx).
So making large ship driveable/sinkable is perfectly doable but only for limited applications in scenarios (cutscene, background effect, a target to destroy, etc.).

On 12/14/2020 at 12:27 PM, NightIntruder said:

So making large ship driveable/sinkable is perfectly doable but only for limited applications in scenarios (cutscene, background effect, a target to destroy, etc.).

Well..I could care less for driveability...BUT I'll BE HAPPY just to be able to sink them for a mission objective. I have used on my campaign a script to sink a trawler, attach to a driveable boat...(boat sank slowly while moving)

I guess that's the concept, right?

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with a concept. It just depends on whether you need to walk on that ship to put some demo charges to sink it or rather want shelling/bombing that ship for a mission objective.  If it's the latter you rather need a new addon made for this specific use. And as you can see it now, this is why I love only those ideas and concepts of mine which I don't have to implement by myself 😉  So, in fact, I fully support you as your concept is such close relative of those I truely love.

1 hour ago, NightIntruder said:

It just depends on whether you need to walk on that ship to put some demo charges to sink it

In my campaign, I implemented a "place the demo charge " on the outside of the hull, below the waterline, while the ship is docked. If detected, the ship will depart. 

Most of the time, I place the charges>raise the alarm>let ship "escape">blow it up just when they think it's safe...heheheheheh...😈

• Like 1

We just implemented this mod in our mod repo and with it came a lot of "Overflow" messages. Read through the comments and saw that there was an mention regarding multi-player ready.. Is there anything that we can provide to help troubleshoot the mod so that this bug can be resolved? 🙂