skittl

[WIP] Hawker Siddeley Nimrod

I have decided to create the Hawker Siddeley Nimrod into Arma. At present, I am working on aspects with the model and hope to release the mod as soon as I can. 

Current To-Do list:

Optimize the model

Texture the aircraft

First implantation into the game

Scripts such as weapons (FIR compatible), aerial refueling, dynamics and points

Other variants of the Nimrod such as MR1 and R1

Any help is much appreciated

Special thanks to Brian Franklin from Simshed for allowing me to use his Nimrod model!

Photos and updates to be posted as the mod progresses

• Like 5

Here are some first looks of the nimrod model and how it's progressing without textures

qQyUWxT.pngLQQ3DB2.pngP0sowZl.pngwXaSUsw.png

• Like 8

Hi Skittl.

First have a good luck with your project of the Nimrod 🙂. It look interesting, but forgive me: how we can use it in-game? I mean, what the Nimrod suppose to do? Sorry for my ignorance 😅, still congratulation and good luck 👍💪

16 hours ago, sfod-d_snakebite said:

Hi Skittl.

First have a good luck with your project of the Nimrod 🙂. It look interesting, but forgive me: how we can use it in-game? I mean, what the Nimrod suppose to do? Sorry for my ignorance 😅, still congratulation and good luck 👍💪

Hi, it's quite alright. First and foremost, the Nimrod was a sub hunter but also a spy plane used for target acquisition for special forces such as the SAS. Therefore the targeting and laser camera will be one of the most powerful in the game with a very high magnification.Secondly, the Nimrod had a variety of weapons that it could utilize. Sadly there are no air dropped torpedoes or depth charges in game however the aircraft could use AIM-9L Sidewinders, AGM-65 Mavericks, AGM-84 Harpoons, Storm Shadow Cruise Missiles and assortments of guided and general purpose bombs so it will have the weaponry along with being an excellent spy asset. How you choose to use it is up to you, however its best place would be as recon and a light air support asset. I hope this helped.

• Like 4

So as of today, I am happy to announce that the Nimrod is moving the next stage which is texturing and preliminary implementation. There will be the Nimrod plus all the things around it such as engine covers and stairs. We are hoping to have this process completed by the the middle of summer. Look out for more updates

• Like 8