ronin1979ca

Database Driven CTI - looking for help and hosting

I have been developing a mission initially based off of wasteland with strong database support.  It is setup to be an exclusive mission with mod supprt and persistent player data including player level and ai levels with the ability to equip any gear.  It has a ton of features to make game play easier and address Arma's bugs.  It also includes an economy, and many many features.  The CTI component is hex based, where you fight for every piece of ground, and the ai responds to your every move.  Your levels and gear are saved between sessions, you can join any slot and it will reload your position, gear etc.  Separate data for east and west.

I would like to really put the effort into this, and maybe use monetization to support wounded veterans and their families in Canada, the US or UK with some partners.  At the very least I would like to cover server cost.

I need help in improving my gui's and other aesthetics as theses are not as good as they could be.

MAP in Zeus - Columns are ai capture forces, many units are simulated and cached while not in play.

vAMq5w4.jpg

UI for editing AI loadouts

egIUzAt.jpg

Buy vehicles in any friendly city.

4Frhcb7.jpg

Player menu accesses funds, special items, stores, custom paint jobs, squad management.

AFJnEqV.jpg

Arsenal for selecting custom load outs, these can be saved and given to ai as well.

GvTYeLo.jpg

In game map from west perspective with fog of war.

ElmLavf.jpg

Custom painted truck using in game paint system, demonstrating additional vehicle options to assist game play, including tow ropes.

4i4o1sG.jpg

Running a convoy of captured vehicles

abTZ9yU.jpg

Defending La Trinite

XIgjKwN.jpg

• Thanks 1

24/7 server or more of a test server from time to time? public or private? how powerful?

• Like 2

I'm testing on my own pc, with a dedicated server.  and you can access the current build there.  Warkin test server.  It is not 24/7, and isn't meant to host actual games.  The mission can be tailored for a specific server easily enough, and would depend on how many player you want to host.

looks familiar, if you got the hex scripts from hex warfare remember one thing, I only script while drinking beer..... good luck

• Haha 2

I'm looking to make a team to run a server with, and yes the hex script came from hex warfare, it's dynamic now and heavily modified.  Great system, btw.  The version I used was really old.  It would be cool to add some of the resource building etc, I haven't done that stuff.

Squeeze, do you have / need beer?  It would be awesome to work with you on a mission.

I had a 4 year break from scripting, pulled hex warfare from steam about 6 months ago and am dumbing it down to something I consider fun....I'm happy just doing that.

I'm going to try and add a "Monte Carlo tree search" for the AI side soon, I'll add heaps of comments, might be of interest.

• Like 2

I get it, not fun being a factory worker in making a mission.  I'd be interested in tag teaming something.  It would be cool to remake mfcti as well.

I've got the economy based ai in, and they take their vehicles from the store config to make for less editing.

Here are images of an RHS based battle using the new economy based AI, they have a budget and their choice of vehicles to buy.  This is early game, as the ai will buy everything including tanks and helicopters.  Please note at this time I am hosting and playing on the same PC

eTneVYy.png

0vGdEew.png

IjHMU6W.png

5zu8wxo.png

twYxXYV.pngem2GFy9.png

• Like 3

tried to join to check it out, battleye says no, ping is well above 300 most of time so I'm guessing you're near the nth pole.

anyway, just wanted to get a feel of the game play you've designed, so if you can pm a link I'd like a look.

My first idea was to make a RISK style board game but instead of a dice roll to work out the victory i used DAC and the players join each battle for the hex, is that similar to what your doing == large cti, high FPS

youtube video , video shows a couple of map click moves of infantry then a quick battle of a dug in base, battle endeds quick, used killscript to win the battle.

• Like 2

Squeeze I watched that video, amazing system.  I would love to setup a simulation system to handle unseen units / uncached.  And limit units to the player radius.

My discord channel for our Empyrion server, Spacerift, I'm Roninx on the channel,  anyone interested in collaborating is welcome to contact me directly

https://discord.gg/sUs5gm2

I have a pretty good ai system now, but I'm taking it to the next level, where it will operate like a combined arms team, deploy recce, develop objectives, coordinate attacks and react using SOP's.  The AI system is designed with team balancing in mind as well as coop game play.  As of now the ai will reliably get around the map, assault in a convincing fashion and it will even mass forces.  It's time to make it more coordinated.  I may be able to host a public server at some point, and I'm still interested in partnering up to make that happen.

in short the ai teams are replaced with players when players join.  They also team balance.