Sign in to follow this  
bn880

The working mission nogova

@lonesoldier I also get this problem and i solved it by cutting out all the files from the Working mission folder and then starting a new mission when your in it paste them back in and press retry. If you paused the game to paste the files back in you may need to unpause then pause again for it to work.

tounge.gif PEACE

Just use UnPBO (or one of the tools which unpacks PBO format files) you can get the mission out of it my doing that.

Go to any good OFP site they will have the tools to do it (OFPEC, opflashpoint.org, ofp.info)

RED

i cant its a NOE file i used DePBO unless youre where you can tell me to get a better one

Well i cant its not a PBO file its a NOE file so i cant do it unless someone else has!

Hi,

add .pbo at the end of the filename, then DePbo it. I don't have the source ready at the moment, I woul just download the mission and De-Pbo myself to be on the safe side. smile.gif

BTW: If you use the scripts or parts of them for other missions just mention me as the source and everything will be clear. biggrin.gif

I have done that and i worked i put all the files in a misson floder when it loaded up i loaded the misson and it bombed out saying along the lines of

y encouted instead of =

any ideas?

Luke

The mission rulez biggrin.gif

Great work bn880

it would be cool if you or someone else could make it multiplayer biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tz0rcelan @ Jan. 03 2003,08:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it would be cool if you or someone else could make it multiplayer biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks,

I see you are on the right track (bolded area) tounge.gif Although the scripting is not very structured (mostly made of workarounds), hence it could be a major pain in the buttox for someone else. biggrin.gif

I still have those plans to upgrade the code as best I can to 1.91, currently busy with other stuff.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Jan. 03 2003,15:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tz0rcelan @ Jan. 03 2003,08:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it would be cool if you or someone else could make it multiplayer  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks,

I see you are on the right track (bolded area)  tounge.gif   Although the scripting is not very structured (mostly made of workarounds), hence it could be a major pain in the buttox for someone else.  biggrin.gif

I still have those plans to upgrade the code as best I can to 1.91, currently busy with other stuff.<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe, yes i see it is tons of scripts, and i really like the idea. would be cool if it could be multiplayer, must be kinda cool with 4 bus drivers, driving around   biggrin.gif  Haha keep up the great work, remember this is propably the best work i have ever seen.  wink.gif

Good luck!

Hey bnn, I d/led your mission and im missing some files.

Where can these be found

runwaymarkerbluem

runwaymarkerwhitem

runwaymarkerredm

runwaymarkergreenm

smallrunwaymarkeryellowm

You are missing these small addons in the package here

Addon Pack

Make sure to extract it properly smile.gif

So I was trying this mission and having a great time. This is a really fun thing to do, but I'm getting kinda bored without a pilots liscense wink.gif

Anyway, I get caught speeding and get pulled over. So I stop the bus and disembark, wondering what's going to happen. I hear some sirens and start getting orders and stuff, which I follow (just to disembark, which I already did). Anyway, I hear this helicopter coming. So I zoom in on it and WHAM!! I estimate about 20 civilians including me get taken out by a rocket run from some UN helicopter.

What happened to a fine? wow.gif

Then it CTD'd when I quit the mission.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Jan. 04 2003,23:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So I was trying this mission and having a great time. This is a really fun thing to do, but I'm getting kinda bored without a pilots liscense wink.gif

Anyway, I get caught speeding and get pulled over. So I stop the bus and disembark, wondering what's going to happen. I hear some sirens and start getting orders and stuff, which I follow (just to disembark, which I already did). Anyway, I hear this helicopter coming. So I zoom in on it and WHAM!! I estimate about 20 civilians including me get taken out by a rocket run from some UN helicopter.

What happened to a fine? wow.gif

Then it CTD'd when I quit the mission.<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif OKay, so? j/k

lol, I will attempt to make it easier to get the pilots license whenever I revisit TWMN. CTD after mission? Oh boy. smile.gif

I think maybe you made a move when instructed to halt. I have been arrested dozens of times in testing, and when I followed instructions everything was ok, maybe something changed since some new patches for OFPR? I am surprized the mission still works with the patches.

Thanks for the report, it will come in handy when it's time.

I'll play around with it more, see what I can and cant do.

Also I was just thinking, since you can't just go out and buy a pilots liscense IRL, maybe you could just pass a test (ie. fly around the island and land again safely) to get your liscense while paying for the flight.  Just my suggestion.

PS - nice touch with the albert einstein characters in the game. but whats with the rude guy? (he says "stupid bus drivers") mad.gif

lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Jan. 05 2003,00:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll play around with it more, see what I can and cant do.<span id='postcolor'>

Alright, if you get bored see what if anything happens when you fire a weapon in different places. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also I was just thinking, since you can't just go out and buy a pilots liscense IRL, maybe you could just pass a test (ie. fly around the island and land again safely) to get your liscense while paying for the flight. Just my suggestion.<span id='postcolor'>

Good suggestion, I was thinking of that, but I was honestly tired of working on the mission after 2+ weeks. wink.gif You still have to pay major $$$ to pass, and do you know how difficult the studies are? You probably know. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PS - nice touch with the albert einstein characters in the game. but whats with the rude guy? (he says "stupid bus drivers") mad.gif<span id='postcolor'> Thanks! I must have been on a creative streak. Rude guy, well, you know... lol. No further comment.

ok, i d/led this mission yesterday. When i got tired of playing i saved my game. I resumed today and i'm getting this message:

Cannot load 'users\MYNAME\saved\missions\res-working.NOE\continue.FPS.' Error 'no entry' at '/gamestate/variables/item363/data.value'.

Do i have to start all over all the time to play this??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lntimid8or @ Jan. 05 2003,13:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok, i d/led this mission yesterday. When i got tired of playing i saved my game. I resumed today and i'm getting this message:

Cannot load 'users\MYNAME\saved\missions\res-working.NOE\continue.FPS.' Error 'no entry' at '/gamestate/variables/item363/data.value'.

Do i have to start all over all the time to play this??<span id='postcolor'>

I will point you to the first post here by Gameer

Save Workaround

I never figured out the exact saving problem.... could be some of the less than perfect addons I used. confused.gif

EDIT: Basically what he says

[*] Move your saved files for that mission somewhere.

[*] Start a new TWMN mission.

[*] Place the files back in the same place.

[*] Press retry.

I think I've found a bug.

The police shoot you when you break the law.

Or is that supposed to happen? tounge.gif

Yea yea, smart ass. smile.gif (not a bug, discipline)

Well, you can't reply because OFP does not have all the proper animations. tounge.gif

For orders sake I think I finally figured out why saving was such a big problem in TWMN, and why it would CTD after exiting a mission: I was forced to move the built in bus stops to other locations, this leaves them in the wrong place when saving and when exiting the mission.

A set of workarounds could be created for this using the exit.sqs and built in save commands, but I currently have no time to work on TWMN 2. smile.gif Hey, there is still lot's of time before OFP2 is out so....