Sign in to follow this  
bn880

The working mission nogova

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did you resume a 1.2 version of the save in 1.3 version of the mission?<span id='postcolor'>

sorry... what do u mean with this?

i saw a post a few weeks ago where they talked about

'floating waypoints'. could this be the case?

Say u were using V1.1 of TWMN, and had a saved game. Then u got V1.3 of TWMN on the TWMN website and put it in your /missions folder. Then if you resume your V1.1 save using the V1.3 Mission, you may have problems.

I have looked at the waypoints one by one, using your recording of the events, also looked at the working script, I do not see any errors. sad.gifsad.gif I can't explain why you have this problem.

Which version of TWMN are you using by the way? 1.3?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zahony @ Aug. 20 2002,15:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i saw a post a few weeks ago where they talked about

'floating waypoints'. could this be the case?<span id='postcolor'>

Nah, I use floating waypoints on purpose here.

Oh, does your commander repeat that move order from time to time?

If not, hmmmm

Your commander should be repeating move orders every minute or two.

yeah, he repeates it indeed. but when i'm on the wp it is removed ( just like the other wp's) but after this i don't get a new wp. only after a minute or so it is repeated on the same spot (even when i am on it)

what i meant before was that they spoke about waypoints that were moving. somethime it was here and an other time it was somewere else.

this is the one i use:

The Working Mission Nogova 1.03

*** MINI version made without UN addon ***

by bn880

I have verified the posted zip and pbo, the waypoints are ok and there are no errors, please goto the middle of DC72 and hover there to see if you can get over this bug.

I'm going to look at this floating waypoint stuff you suggested.

Thanks for your patience.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have verified the posted zip and pbo, the waypoints are ok and there are no errors, please goto the middle of DC72 and hover there to see if you can get over this bug.<span id='postcolor'>

yeah, that was the problem...

now i got a new waypoint. THX! tounge.gif

but it is still a little bug. the commander keeps telling me to go to the police-station  confused.gif

Ive went to the supermarket, bought some fuel and run back to my bus (that no skiptime feature is pretty darned annoying!wink.gif but i cant refuel it. In the status thing it says sparefuel=false but in the inventory it says 7L Gasoline Tank.

Wassup? confused.gif

tounge.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ive went to the supermarket, bought some fuel and run back to my bus (that no skiptime feature is pretty darned annoying! but i cant refuel it. In the status thing it says sparefuel=false but in the inventory it says 7L Gasoline Tank.

Wassup?

<span id='postcolor'> hi, you just bought a empty can...

you first have to refuel the can at a fuelstation and then you can refuel the bus

that's it tounge.gif

Yes, emty can.

You can fill it at a gas station, even if the gas station doesn't work normally.

smile.gif

Can you guys PLEEEEAAASSEEEE make a version of this mission without all the addons. I have 56k and there is no way in the world im going to download all those addons. The mission sounds great, and i want to play it but with all those addons required its an absolute NO.

For the Mini version U only need 2 files downloaded, total 11MB. No good?

Does not use UN addon.

Aww man! So ive got to walk all the way to a gas station?

Im in Lipany at the mo and my bus ran out of fuel away up near the hospital. Is there any gas staions in lipany or fuel trucks? sad.gif

Its a bit anoying how all the bus stops are spaced out. Especially the one up at troska! mad.gif

tounge.gif PEACE

That s why acc time is great smile.gif

For the long walks !

Try it, you ll be at gasstation in notime wink.gif

Hey bn880 dude i have a good idea you could implement into the mission:

Seeming as there arent many jobs at all i was thinking on more ways to get cash. Well add the Dodge Challenger R/T car into the mission and make it so you race other people for Pink Slips and cash. And the more races you win the closer you get to racing somone with the dodge. And if you race for pink slips and win somones car then you can hock the car off at the car shop for cash. You should make a hock shop too (pawn broker) so you can sell shit that you get.

Also i managed to kill two snipers with my bus at the start and stole ones gun but it had no ammo, so i ran over a cop and got his CZ75 and it had 4 full mags. So you should make it that you can sell shit you steal or earn. ALSOOOO more ideas:

You should be able to buy weapons too. And then with the weapons you do some hitman jobs and earn some cash. I know it sounds like a whole load of bullshit but if you implement these ideas the mission will be SOOOO much more interesting dude.

Just a few ideas i had... Enjoy

Ok, I am going to enable acc time when you are not in a vehicle, in the next version. (actually, maybe only 2x, any acc time causes some AI to crash vehicles in TWMN)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seeming as there arent many jobs at all i was thinking on more ways to get cash. Well add the Dodge Challenger R/T car into the mission and make it so you race other people for Pink Slips and cash. And the more races you win the closer you get to racing somone with the dodge. And if you race for pink slips and win somones car then you can hock the car off at the car shop for cash. You should make a hock shop too (pawn broker) so you can sell shit that you get.

<span id='postcolor'>

You can not possibly race AI in OFP, they are always less capable in traversing terrain than people smile.gif . The feasible solution would be a race against the clock. (Do not know if I have time to create this feature)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also i managed to kill two snipers with my bus at the start and stole ones gun but it had no ammo, so i ran over a cop and got his CZ75 and it had 4 full mags. So you should make it that you can sell shit you steal or earn. ALSOOOO more ideas:<span id='postcolor'>

Yes I know, it is just lot's of work. smile.gif And it's not like you would be able to sell a UN or Police Officers weapon to anyone. It has to be a pretty insane pawn shop. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You should be able to buy weapons too. And then with the weapons you do some hitman jobs and earn some cash. I know it sounds like a whole load of bullshit but if you implement these ideas the mission will be SOOOO much more interesting dude.

<span id='postcolor'>

This is already implemented. You should pay more attention at work. biggrin.gif

Nice ideas, (I already thought of them) but it's good to know what people are looking for. smile.gif

"Phew, ok. Gas station...Gas station...hmmmm. Poncho! Theres one just 20 miles down the road. Im sure the passengers wont mind waiting, will they?" *sigh* confused.gif

So, 2x you say? I WANT THE UPDATE, NOW! Eh..sorry. tounge.gif

Hi,

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You should be able to buy weapons too. And then with the weapons you do some hitman jobs and earn some cash. I know it sounds like a whole load of bullshit but if you implement these ideas the mission will be SOOOO much more interesting dude.<span id='postcolor'>

Oooh wow.gif Whereabouts, no! wait dont want to spoil it for yall do I? Drat!

Happy Friday y'all

Oh Bn880, i was wondering if ya wanna Beta-Test My new mission "NPD", If you aint working on TWMN and all wink.gif No pressure, thanks!

tounge.gif PEACE

Gameer, maybe I can find some time to "beta test" your mission, depending on how long the mission is. smile.gif

Anyway, PM me.

Hi,

while playing your mission, there occured one error to me! As I was driving too fast (again, hehe), I decided not to stop and the police taking me, but to drive my passengers to the next bus stop.

After I opened the door and the cutscene occured, it never stopped. Perhaps there are some conflicts while being chased by police and delivering passengers!

PS: I liked Gameer_77s mission a lot...

How long did you wait for the cutscene to end? It is suppost to end after about 1 minute even during police chase.

PS: where is Gameers mission?

OK,

I aborted it before the 1 minute was ever! I had little money, so I thought that aborting it would be best solution!

PS: He shall Email it to you (I don't know if you or him PN)

Ok bn880 i fucking love your mission man.

When i went over the wpeed limit down near the airport the cops shot me the minute the siren went off. What wankers.

Also when i got out of the bus ACCtime automatically went into slo-mo and then i jumped into a 5T truck, then got out, jumped back into the bus and slo - mo was still on. Why did you implement slo-mo?

Also what do you think about the idea of killing maybe some resitance dudes and getting cash for it or something...?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When i went over the wpeed limit down near the airport the cops shot me the minute the siren went off. What wankers.<span id='postcolor'> You were at the wrong place at the wrong time, the police have a backup attack chopper at the airport. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also when i got out of the bus ACCtime automatically went into slo-mo and then i jumped into a 5T truck, then got out, jumped back into the bus and slo - mo was still on. Why did you implement slo-mo?<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, slomo turns on whenever you get slightly injured, it's like a special effect, so you can clearly see what's going on while someone is trying to kill you. You can turn it off by pressing +. And I know it turns on when you get in and out of damaged vehicles, but I don't think it's a huge problem cuz u can switch it off.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also what do you think about the idea of killing maybe some resitance dudes and getting cash for it or something...?<span id='postcolor'>

Like I said, this is already implemented. You should pay more attention at work. Well there is a small secret mission there where u can earn some money.

EDIT: Thanks for fucking loving it. biggrin.giftounge.gif

Hey,

Bigpoppa's also betatesting it for me. Ill PM you and see if you still wanna do it.

The mission is not too long. about 15 mins or so??? Not nearly as long as yours wow.gif

I Really just need you to skim over it once or twice cause bigpoppa and taimaishu have cornered most of the bugs/improvements and im working on them. smile.gif

tounge.gif PEACE

FUCK OFP!!! When i go to load TWMN i get an error and exits to the desktop. Error says this:

Cannot load 'Users\MachineheaD\Saved\missions\Res-Working-Mini.Noe\Continue.fps'. Error 'No entry' at '/GameState/Variables/Item50/data.value.Item0'.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

How the hell can i fix it?

@LoneSoldier: Probably can't... if you read the entire TWMN Topic you will see I have been trying to solve that problem. Again, I don't have OFPR sourcecode and I can't possibly find out why it doesn't save/load properly.

Only thing I know about why TWMN might not save/load properly is it has huge amount of code and variables compared to most missions, or that one of the addons is causing the problem. confused.gif

Can't help you man, maybe if you do not use the save feature in the radio, just quit the mission to save in Cadet mode.?