Sign in to follow this  
bn880

The working mission nogova

How long do you have to go on the bus for? im up at Troska at the moment and dont know what to do. Do i just keep driving? Also what do i need to make a fire? When i try and play it again after ive left and saved it it takes about 2 minutes then quits to desktop saying "saved/blablabla/mini-resworkingmission cannot read line 51" or something like that. But i copied all the files out of the saved game folder, made a new game put them back in and pressed rety and it worked! smile.gif so i guess i just have to do that everytime then confused.gif

Also i only get 5 fps! mad.gif Man my comp sucks. I have it on 3.9 visual detail 640x480 and everything else down or off. (including most of the stuff in preferences) Ah well! wink.gif

tounge.gif PEACE

You go as long as you want, making money. At some point you can try the flying jobs and some other things u may spot.

Interesting what you did with the retry! I am unable to fix saving issues... either BIS or addon problem.

Yep, TWMN takes a decent system to run reasonably. wink.gif

yea PEACE!

Yea, its just that my comp's slow so its not very enjoyable driving around in a bus. Oh god! Imagine being in a plane! wow.gif

Ok here is the Big list of Q's:

How do you make a fire? Where can you buy meals "Ready to Eat" (if you can) Who thinks Resistance is quite Buggy? no-one? ok. sad.gif So far ive had Problems with firing, standing up and sound. (in the mission editor, not in the game:p )

And last but not least: When is OFPEC coming back to us? I miss it sad.gif

tounge.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Aug. 18 2002,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yea, its just that my comp's slow so its not very enjoyable driving around in a bus. Oh god! Imagine being in a plane! wow.gif

Ok here is the Big list of Q's:

How do you make a fire? Where can you buy meals "Ready to Eat" (if you can) Who thinks Resistance is quite Buggy? no-one? ok. sad.gif So far ive had Problems with firing, standing up and sound. (in the mission editor, not in the game:p )

And last but not least: When is OFPEC coming back to us? I miss it sad.gif

tounge.gif PEACE<span id='postcolor'>

SUPERMARKET!

tounge.gif

Plane should be smoother than bus... check your terrain detail, set to Very low, and set 16bit mode.

I have only had sound problems, never noticed firing or standing up. Sometimes u need to press space bar to "unlock" the handgun.

No idea about OFPEC...

Supermarket! OF course! wow.gif

I always have it on 16bit. My GC aint got 32bit sad.gif I think thats why the watch dont work. mad.gif NOT FAIR!

Also an idea for improvment in next version; When the passengers get off they just stand there and its hard not to run them over.

When i mean probs with res i mean in the editor. Firing problems using the dofire and setunitpos and sound problems like IT WORKING ONCE AND NOT WORKING AFTERWARDS! mad.gif

Ahem...Thank you for the quick responses.

tounge.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Aug. 18 2002,14:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also an idea for improvment in next version; When the passengers get off they just stand there and its hard not to run them over.<span id='postcolor'>

Isn't it great... they are just as dumb as some ppl I see every day getting off a bus and running infront of it.

tounge.gif Actually, believe it or not, when they get off they recieve a command to walk to the bus stop, but never ever do. All i can say is another OFPR engine thingy. I should be able to pull off some workaround in the future...

When i was deleting the bits in the mission.sqm i realised just how much work hs gone into this. Hats off to you! smile.gif It's taken me 1 month and a half to do a police mission and ive still got problems! (the ones mentioned above mad.gif )

tounge.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Aug. 18 2002,14:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When i was deleting the bits in the mission.sqm i realised just how much work hs gone into this. Hats off to you! smile.gif It's taken me 1 month and a half to do a police mission and ive still got problems! (the ones mentioned above mad.gif )

tounge.gif PEACE<span id='postcolor'>

It's true, it is alot of work (or fun).. thanks for the compliment. smile.gif

Ahem..."Fun"? Oh...yeh i guess. Oh well off to play "TWMN". I better get myself comfy. wink.gif

tounge.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Aug. 18 2002,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And last but not least: When is OFPEC coming back to us? I miss it sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

See

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;hl=new

confused.gif is it me or a bug???

is it correct that after 18wow.gif0 or 19wow.gif0 hours you cannot buy

fuel anymore?

can someone tell me pls.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zahony @ Aug. 19 2002,14:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">confused.gif is it me or a bug???

is it correct that after 18wow.gif0 or 19wow.gif0 hours you cannot buy

fuel anymore?

can someone tell me pls.<span id='postcolor'>

It's a bug, for some unknown reason fuelstations run out of fuel at some time. I have tried running a logistics fix script in the background to refill all stations every 60 seconds but it's not working properly after a while. (absolutely no idea why)

Buy a spare gas canister at the supermarket, then drive to a gas station.... u can refill using it a few times. sad.gif

and now...

how do i make money?

when the fuel is out...

these are hard times!

still under embargo from the russians?

i like the mission very much

but what is a driver without a bus without fuel without new passengers without...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zahony @ Aug. 19 2002,15:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and now...

how do i make money?

when the fuel is out...

these are hard times!

still under embargo from the russians?

i like the mission very much

but what is a driver without a bus without fuel without new passengers without...<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

You do not have at least 50 cash? Okay, hmm, you sohuld consider starting over. Other than that you can walk around, looking for someone that might need your assistance. (good luck)

If you do have some money, go to the supermarket and buy a spare gas can, u can use it to refuel.

tounge.gif And hey, you can always go drown in the water. tounge.giftounge.gif

ok, I found a new job.

I'm a pilot now!!!

but... my leader tells me to hover over the police-station for about 30 min. now...

(isn't that illigal? is someone paying him to take pictures?)

again... is this a little bug or just my flying skills?

Does a fueltruck run out of fuel ?

Cause i once placed a fueltruck UNDER a fuelstation that wouldn t refuel ( i put editorupgrade 1.02 in res\addons instead of other addon folder ). It s not 100% cool cause you get the "refuel at fueltruck" command but it could solve the prob ( for at least 1 fuelstation maybe )

Cheers

PS : i used the getpos,setpos command i think with -3.5 and lock the fueltruck wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zahony @ Aug. 20 2002,05:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok, I found a new job.

I'm a pilot now!!!

but... my leader tells me to hover over the police-station for about 30 min. now...

(isn't that illigal? is someone paying him to take pictures?)

again... is this a little bug or just my flying skills?<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif Well, you have to be within 50m of the desired waypoint and bring the chopper to 0Km/h. Then he will tell you the next one after a bit. So, close and 0 are the key.

I hope there is no bug there... will check out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Aug. 20 2002,05:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does a fueltruck run out of fuel ?

Cause i once placed a fueltruck UNDER a fuelstation that wouldn t refuel ( i put editorupgrade 1.02 in res\addons instead of other addon folder ). It s not 100% cool cause you get the "refuel at fueltruck" command but it could solve the prob ( for at least 1 fuelstation maybe )

Cheers

PS : i used the getpos,setpos command i think with -3.5 and lock the fueltruck wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yea, the fuel truck also runs out... confused.gif

So I won't use that, but good idea.

i think it's a bug

cause i tryed it over and over (in the mini mission - the other one still doesn't work)

the trigger over the policestation doesn't work.

when i hover over it i can wait till i die... (0 speed/ 80 hight)

i don't get another waypoint...

hey guess who remember me i downloaded ur last working mission on everon and it dident work.but im going to have a go at this one coz there aint as many addons so that means not as many things to go wrong tounge.gif .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zahony @ Aug. 20 2002,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think it's a bug

cause i tryed it over and over (in the mini mission - the other one still doesn't work)

the trigger over the policestation doesn't work.

when i hover over it i can wait till i die... (0 speed/ 80 hight)

i don't get another waypoint...<span id='postcolor'>

I just looked at the mission, tehre is no hip waypoint over the station.

There are 2 directly SE of it, perhaps 500m.

Wonder what happened to you, I'll be back later to have a look.

BN880,

When can we expect an updated version ?

It s just i m waiting to start over, but i m afraid of .... 1.4 wink.gif

Cheers

Well, I have just tried to find a problem with the waypoints and can't zahony. I have done the hip air trip and haven't noticed waypoints that do not complete. What happens when u tell your commander "Done"? Does he repeat a waypoint over the station?

Also: Is the waypoint box floating in the air or is it just sitting on the ground. (orange box named MOVE)

There should be no waypt over the station, I am wondering if your commander isn't a criminal trying to make you attack the police station. wink.gif

JAP, I have no immediate plan to update, no fix for gas station found, this hip wpt problem is up in the air, and the passengers getting in the way of bus is not enough to make V 1.4, start over if u wish. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, I have just tried to find a problem with the waypoints and can't zahony.  I have done the hip air trip and haven't noticed waypoints that do not complete.  What happens when u tell your commander "Done"?  Does he repeat a waypoint over the station?

Also: Is the waypoint box floating in the air or is it just sitting on the ground.  (orange box named MOVE)

There should be no waypt over the station, I am wondering if your commander isn't a criminal trying to make you attack the police station.  

JAP, I have no immediate plan to update, no fix for gas station found, this hip wpt problem is up in the air, and the passengers getting in the way of bus is not enough to make V 1.4, start over if u wish.<span id='postcolor'>

I did it again and the same problem in the mini-mission.

i wrote down all the wp's the leader shouted:

1. BB52

2. IG82 (Bitov-Hosp.)

3. JA82 (Okrouklo)

4. FB67 (Neveklov)

5. GH41 (Church, hilltop)

6. IE24 (forest)

7. IA01 (Northern Airbase)

8. GD25 (Trotsky)

9. CA32 (near Rep.station)

10. FC39 (Police-station)

and there it stops!

a. i can't tell my commander "done" (the command-keys do not work)

b. the wp-box is in the air just like the ones before that.

i hope this info helps to solve the problem... smile.gif

Thank you very much!

I will see what i can find. Did you resume a 1.2 version of the save in 1.3 version of the mission? Just wondering if that might be it.

Thanks for the detailed info again. smile.gif