Sign in to follow this  
bn880

The working mission nogova

Yea gamezone is down... that's why I had to host the beast.

Cheetah is right you need:

10 MB Addon,

30 MB Addon,

1 MB Addon,

The Working Mission,

and OFP

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When you work like "real hard" you can by a BMW M5 <span id='postcolor'> Maybe in a future version. tounge.gif

YOUR COPS ARE CRAZY BN880 tounge.gif

And so is your fire dep. ( they drive like madman ! )

It s fun smile.gif

Especialy running from Apache with a bus full of hostages ...

*i saved and wanted to try ... lol*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Aug. 16 2002,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">YOUR COPS ARE CRAZY BN880 tounge.gif

And so is your fire dep. ( they drive like madman ! )

It s fun smile.gif

Especialy running from Apache with a bus full of hostages ...

*i saved and wanted to try ... lol*<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks.

I always crash into that fire truck myself also. biggrin.gif

Wonder if you have any problems loading the save, I have noticed that simply quitting the mission, autosaves and works well, but using the manual save command, ofp has problems with.

Caution: You can not drive your bus after doing flying jobs in 1.02.(not that you really have to)

This will be fixed in the next release soon.

The thing i came across was that sometimes it takes ages for them to get in the bus, but i think you put a certain timelimit on that script so if they don t get all in or get stuck the script ends after a certain time.

Otherwise i encountered no probs.

I used the manual save and didn t have any probs hitting the retry button.

Cheers,

Nice work !

BTW i had a bunch of missions in the old 1.46 that i m converting/testing now. They ll be done soon ... i hope smile.gif

Its a great idea, very well done, but my machine can't deal with it sad.gif

It's very nice, but also a slide show in times sad.gif

Oh yea, I always code with CPU usage in mind, but there is only so much I can do Ex-Ronin. Try lower terrain detail and 16 bit.

I held back on about another 100% of CPU loading things, which would have made the mission more lively and realistic, but then only a machine with a score of 8000 would run it. I don't think many ppl have that.

BTW, the intro is a slideshow at times on everything buy a supercomputer, don't worry about that!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Aug. 16 2002,17:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The thing i came across was that sometimes it takes ages for them to get in the bus, but i think you put a certain timelimit on that script so if they don t get all in or get stuck the script ends after a certain time.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, thanks for the info... I know that it takes upto 60 seconds or so(the limit I put in) . This is because the OFP engine is not perfect, sometimes the AI thinks it can't get in when the bus is nearly full, sometimes they will get in after you move the bus a few meters.

I have tried everything... it's not my code. sad.gif I will keep optimizing it though.

FYI: In 1.75 AI has to be on same side as you to get in, so imagine just how difficult it is for units from different sides to get into one vehicle in 1.75. There are a number of little hidden "problems" in the OFP engine I find.

1.75 introduced a couple. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 16 2002,23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh yea, I always code with CPU usage in mind, but there is only so much I can do Ex-Ronin.  Try lower terrain detail and 16 bit.

I held back on about another 100% of CPU loading things, which would have made the mission more lively and realistic, but then only a machine with a score of 8000 would run it.  I don't think many ppl have that.

BTW, the intro is a slideshow at times on everything buy a supercomputer, don't worry about that!<span id='postcolor'>

Funnily enough, the intro was fine. In terms of lag that is.

I don't know, but the same music over and over again and the same camera angles over and over again (after the attack I mean) were a bit boring. When two Apache's crashed I finally pressed escape.

No, the problems started when I tried playin the mission, that is where the lag hit me. I reckon its because I have an SDR system, not DDR.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Aug. 16 2002,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Funnily enough, the intro was fine. In terms of lag that is.

I don't know, but the same music over and over again and the same camera angles over and over again (after the attack I mean) were a bit boring. When two Apache's crashed I finally pressed escape.

No, the problems started when I tried playin the mission, that is where the lag hit me. I reckon its because I have an SDR system, not DDR.<span id='postcolor'>

Strange, do you have cloudlets enabled?

I spend about 1/50th of my time on the intro, and i make it dynamic, so something else happens every time. I didn't expect most ppl to see it all, but it's nice too look at how it turns out sometimes.

I have an SDR system too and it's pretty good in that mission, throw it over to 16bit mode and maybe then?

it says im missing alot of runway lights sad.gif

i was really looking forward to play the map, can you tell me where to get them?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snoopy @ Aug. 17 2002,05:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it says im missing alot of runway lights sad.gif

i was really looking forward to play the map, can you tell me where to get them?<span id='postcolor'>

that should be the small file ( the 1 mb file )

Be sure to unzip the exe files to the right folder.

OFP\addon not OFP\res\addon.

Cheers

Any chance of making it without all the Un stuff. Us 56ker wanna play it! sad.gif

8) PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Aug. 17 2002,08:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any chance of making it without all the Un stuff. Us 56ker wanna play it! sad.gif

8) PEACE<span id='postcolor'>

I think so.... I'll call it the mini version. (It will be a bit less interesting but what the heck)

You will however need the Devils Vehicle pack.

Gimme some time, you know, everything takes time. biggrin.gif

Snoopy, JAP is correct about the 1MB addon exe.

yea i found out later when i was chekng what i was to get thanx! its a good map, but how do i get a job at the airport? i cant find any guy there..

i got a problem with the map sad.gif

i cant seem to load to a saved point evertime i exit ofp and open it up again. so that means i have to restart everytime. sad.gif

Yes i have seen the saving problem alot... one thing that overcomes it: when u want to save, just exit the misison in Cadet mode (not sure if Cadet is the key but to be safe), then Retry. It saves automatically when exiting the mission. For me anyway.

Next time you load OFP you should be able to retry as well. There is a some problem with the OFP engine when it comes to saving with menu and command, after playing a complex mission for a while.

To find the Aircraft jobs look on the map, the dot is in the exact place of the UN officer that organizes it.

V1.03 out, some fixes

V1.03 MINI version out, does not require UN addon! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 18 2002,01:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">V1.03 out,   some fixes

V1.03 MINI version out, does not require UN addon!  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

So i have to start over now ? sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 18 2002,00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">V1.03 out,   some fixes

V1.03 MINI version out, does not require UN addon!  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

YAH!  biggrin.gif

wow.gif PEACE

sad.gif Awww it doesnt work. The intro works but when it starts the mission it says missiong add-ons "gateo and tree1" Where can i get these? I D/L and installed the Civilian vehicle thing and the 1mb addons. Thanks.

**EDIT** Ok, i used PBO decrypter to open up the mission.sqm then i deleted all the entries for gateo and tree1 (there was only one!wink.gif. Its quite laggy on my comp sad.gif but it works.

wow.gif PEACE

Gate0 and trees are in the 1MB addon, last tme I checked.

Anyway, I see u got it going without them, good.

Yep, if you want to use the next version of the mission u gotta restart (well u can try to resume but it most likely won't work).