anthropoid

Error on 1st Launch of Gamersgate version

The error reads:

Data file too short 'addons\wheeled2.pbo'.Expected 312305378 B, got 143278039 B

I tried installing the ARMA2 Patch 1.11 patch [url=http://www.arma2.com/download]here[/url] but no luck.

Based on some very old posts pertaining to this same error (but with the Steam version) in which the suggested fix was to verify the cache integrity using Steams "Verify integrity of game . . ." function, I am guessing this is a corrupted package element during download, and the best solution is to simply repeat download/install?

10 hours ago, anthropoid said:

I am guessing this is a corrupted package element during download

That is indeed the case.

10 hours ago, anthropoid said:

and the best solution is to simply repeat download/install

Yes. Unless the source you are downloading from is already bad.

• Like 1

Thanks Dedmen. Me and a support volk in Stockholm (ah I guess I didn't mention, this is a Gamersgate purchase . . .) have exchanged a few emails and they are looking into whether the portion of the download that is corrupted is bad on their server copy. I am guessing that that must be it. Twice in a row, same error message during installation and if [ Ignore ] chosen, same error on attempt to run the app.

Edited by anthropoid
clarify

Gamersgate got back to me and claims that their testing of their server version of the game indicates there is no problem with the source.

Just tried to DL again but still problems, albeit this time an error in a different file.

I don't know much about networking, but I gather that, a very likely factor is that Gamersgate's distribution system is just not good enough to handle a game that large. I have no problem downloading very large games (or other applications) on this rig/network connection, it is only this one Gamersgate game (Arma 2 . . . well to be honest I'm also having some problems with my version of Arma 1 Gold from them). I guess it is just time to write off the larger games I own from their site and procure additional copies from other distributors.