JawlessRegent64

Need Assistance With Mods

I had initially posted in Addons and Mods but worried I may be posting in the wrong location after I noticed the troubleshooting section... so here is my Re-post, anything helps, I've found no info on this issue anywhere.

Essentially I reinstalled steam and Arma 3 onto a larger drive on my PC, I had the Inshalla mod by HeroesandvillansOS working perfectly before this, now when  try to use the ALiVE menu, the list comes up, and when I choose one of the options I get the following error message: "Script PATHTO_SUB(cbauiflexiMenufnc_list) not found" I have no idea what to do.
I also get the same error when using any of the mods by this creator also, but I didn't have any of these issues previously.
I've verified integrity of Arma on steam, and deleted and reinstalled the mods, but it still wont work... Suggestions?

Watch for your CBA mod (updated), and check file integrity in steam Arma3 properties local files.

11 minutes ago, JawlessRegent64 said:

what do you mean by watch for my CBA mod?

Your game fails to find a CBA function. So, check if you load it and if the CBA is updated . That doesn't mean there is no error on the last release (this day), but it's better to test the last version.

5 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Your game fails to find a CBA function. So, check if you load it and if the CBA is updated . That doesn't mean there is no error on the last release (this day), but it's better to test the last version.

The launcher says my mods are all up-to-date I'm trying it again now. If its an error with the update can I roll it back somehow?

I'm still fairly new to moding in general so I'm sorry if I'm difficult to work with. I've tried running the "Repair" option in the A3 launcher when you right-click on the mod, and it didn't work either, and checking integrity did nothing.

8 hours ago, JawlessRegent64 said:

"Script PATHTO_SUB(cbauiflexiMenufnc_list) not found"

If you break it into a full word this is what it says:

cba ui (user interface) flex menu fnc (function)

so from my understanding is the script path to the menu function list is not found, i suggest you report and ask about the error here on the official

CBA thread as its a cba error that is being thrown up with alive, as alive requires CBA to run ---->  (Dependencies: ALiVE Requires CBA_A3)

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/168277-cba-community-base-addons-arma-3/

You can also report same thing on the alive thread seen here:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/187954-alive-advanced-light-infantry-virtual-environment-10-ga/

What you can try is run cba without alive and see if the same error comes up, if not then Alive has an issue with the latest version

of cba im thinking, but report to cba thread tell them about the error.

Hope that helps. 🙂

• Like 3

Getting the same error with Alive and CBA_A3 since the last CBA update 14th march.

Was fine pre update.

10 hours ago, JawlessRegent64 said:

I had initially posted in Addons and Mods but worried I may be posting in the wrong location

You just violated the forum rules with that. Good job.

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

so from my understanding is the script path to the menu function list is not found

No.

i suggest you report and ask about the error here on the official

You are suggesting a user who already crossposted to crosspost again.

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

What you can try is run cba without alive and see if the same error comes up

It won't. Because then the fleximenu system won't be used, and the function causing the error will never execute.

It's a CBA bug. Cause is known and it will be fixed. No ETA yet.

3 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

It won't. Because then the fleximenu system won't be used, and the function causing the error will never execute.

OP needs to know that, but i suggested it to him as from my experience compiling mods over the past 10yrs 😉 that is the first protocol when an error

pops up when your testing or running multiple mods together, regardless if its just cba and another mod is to overall remove a mod in question based on error or based on what you just added.

The other option since Cba is a dominate mod in terms of required by many other mods then eliminating Alive would have been the next step because as you pointed out

what i quoted nothing will happen but this feedback tells you that there is something in cba and or alive that is conflicting.

If your playing a mission and get the error then cba, alive, and the mission are in question, but if the error pops up apon loading the game or on the menu then the mods are in question and then which one.

Also if your getting errors poping up on the screen no matter what your playing, then be sure to have your logs on (rpt), the logs will give you more information alongside the error

itself as the error is related to something, be it a mod, a script in a mod, a config, ect,.

RPT

When you create a thread as you did OP reporting an error you have, always supply your specs, mods your using, mission

your playing if any, and post your rpt whcih can be found here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Once you have the rpt open it with notepad and copy it all and paste it here ---> https://justpaste.it/

publish it and then post the link in your post, stating you have an rpt, any modder, scripter or anyone on the forum here that has been here a while knows about the rpt

and should have a rough idea on how to read it or at least what to look for, best to also learn yourself but it can be a bit complicated depending on the errors if any given.

Easiest errors to deal with is missing addons and your mission wont load.

If you look up the script error (google it) that hes getting, you can see the hpp code on Cba's github and get an idea that its something with cba.

So thats another alternative is to search for things related to the error, which will help will narrow down the scope of the problem,

so keep that in mind @JawlessRegent64

20 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

It's a CBA bug. Cause is known and it will be fixed. No ETA yet.

Since Dedman said and knows about the bug and its from CBA, then all you can do now is wait for it, but your thread here isn't in vain so to speak the posts here should give

you some ideas on how to approach issues like this and of course the answer to your issue.

Lastly unlike other games where the editor and modding isn't the core of the game, Arma is something you have to take your time with and actually learn about, if your going to mess with mods,

then be ready for possible issues cuz ... shit happens,  🙂

• Like 2

Hey thanks everyone, I actually had gotten ahold of the creator of the mod I was trying to play and he informed me of the bug in the CBA update (then I forgot to check back to the forum I posted on), I somehow hadn't noticed the mod updated. Probably in the process of transferring drives and assumed the update was just it reinstalling. Nevertheless I appreciate the assistance everybody

• Like 1