Documentation is updated (see dropbox link on front page of this topic or open the pdf in the addon's folder)!

BTW, I modified some modules, satisfying some demands on Steam or here. Just as example you can now extra blacklist vehicles for the respawn vehicles module (see documentation)

MUST HAVE MODULES  Difficult to miss!

REARM - the best way for your AIs subordinates to find existing magazines into crates, vehicles, corpses or even any mags on any uniform/vest/backpack loaded into a crate/vehicle... And, if not enough, pick another primary weapon. Just test it!

SPAWN GROUPS ATTACK - far more elaborated than BI spawn module. You can easily spawn waves or single shot, for 1 or several groups, randomized or not, under whatever condition you want (each time), giving them tasks or coding any script for them!

ADVANCED PATROLS - The easy way to create enemy patrols, just dragging a trigger on the map! Of course, that can be more elaborated... As for the previous module, you can spawn your own specific groups, mixing air and land assets, customizing them...  The basic of any immersive scenario

DROP VEHICLES instead of crates - an "addon" for BI virtual support module. Now, you can drop by plane. If you allow a random choice for dropped cargo, mixing possibilities of ship (like rubber-boats) and land vehicle, the randomization will take into account the drop point at sea or land.

HEAL & REVIVE - my alternate solution (see documentation)

SP SIMPLE RESPAWN - just place this module in your single player scenario. The player doesn't die but fall unconscious then recover. Can be improved (healing) with the previous module.

RESPAWN VEHICLES - with loadout, crew, waypoints, appearance,... see documentation

SCENIC IMMERSIVE MODULES

WIRES & FENCES - player can interact with fences, wires, hedgehogs, breaching them. Most of popular maps are compatible. I decided to script that, playing on Tobruk IFA3 map, crowded of barbed wires. And, BTW, you can blow tires, driving at barbed/razor wires. That can make a roadblock a little bit more fun.

TERRAIN & MAP INTERACTIVE - TRACERS... my favorite. I'm using and abusing... If you want to see where the fires come from, at night, in scenario such Vietnam... See video.

But also REPAIR at gas stations (SOG Prairie Fire compatible now)

BLAST & FIRE - Just to put the FIRE on fuel tank/reservoir or BLOW explosive canister/ gas tank... read documentation. Compatible with many maps.

Use DETONATE CORD for demining/defend an area

SWITCH AMBIENT LIGHTS - The easiest way to switch on/off all lamps from a generator, within a radius. You can blackout an airport, as example.

OTHER AMBIENT MODULES

CAR TRAFFIC - you can spawn cars (any side you want) for ambient or combat on roads near player(s). Now, it's possible to add a condition for that.

CIVILIAN LIFE - spawning/despawning civilian where you want. Some of them can be human bombers

LOOT WEAPONS ITEMS in houses - You can choose areas (inclusive/exclusive) for spawning weapons and items specific to your favorite mod(s)

ADVANCED TRANSPORT - call a TAXI and order him to drop you at any destination,... see documentation for all possibilities

ADAPT SILENCERS - your units can adapt the silence muzzle on covert action, or remove it on combat.

OTHER TOOLS ON MODULES

AIs CAN RESPAWN - just because some groups could be refreshed if too weak. See documentation

ADVANCED PLAYERS - plane HUD - zeroing HUD - Repack mags - strobe lights on shoulder - ear plugs

ENHANCED TURRETS - make the tanks fire HE shells on infantry. Some mods already have this behavior, but not Arma nor CUP or RHS... see documentation

HALO JUMP - solo or with your subordinates (in vicinity)

KILL PUNISHMENT - the way to manage civilian and/or "blue on blue" kills.

FLIP OVERTURNED VEHICLES

PRISONERS - make prisoners and put them in jail

1 MAN TANK

TOUCH OF CLASS - find any class/model in editor - replace a building by another (editor then scenario)

MARKER to TASK

WEAR WHAT YOU WANT....

Have fun!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Improved the code for tire burst on wired/razor fences (CUP, SOG compatible) . The previous code was not flawless when cars drove along hundreds fences at El Alamein (12,000+ fences as example). Corrected.

Hi Pierre

Is there any way to implement an Array option for the CIVILIAN LIFE module, exactly the same as the CAR TRAFFIC module ?

I found difficult to select what I need on the civilian side with the actual implementation, or if there is any work around, I would like to use some units from 3CBFactions

I'll probably implement something like that. I don't know when. If 3CBFactions have civilian units, you can try to use "other mods" in module settings. If some civilians (factions) are unwanted, at this tiem you must delete them with a conditional loop for spawned units... Not handy, but I can't say when I'll modify the mod.

Hello pierre,

I give a try to your modules, and it's great, i hope you will be integrated more tasks modules

7 hours ago, dalia said:

Hello pierre,

I give a try to your modules, and it's great, i hope you will be integrated more tasks modules

Any suggestions about that?

19 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Any suggestions about that?

You can add addaction and launch a randomized mission or maybe, more fun, you need to contact a civilian in a town for take mission, with all your modules, go take the task will be dangerous allready. Or/and add a general who gives missions but maybe more combat mission than the civlian tasks.

I use with your modules, socom modules, who gives missions in menu.

• Like 1

Hey Pierre. These modules are simply great. Thank you!
I have a question about the spawn group module, in COOP or Dedicated does the module spawn Server side or Client side? 
I made the mistake before when using BIs code to not check this, and instead of 1 group spawning Server side regardless the amount of players, it would spawn 5 enemy groups, 1 each for every player/client, it was madness to say the least. 

Thanks!

All players must have the addon, so the module(s) like any object edited for the scenario.

That point said, this module is operating on server only. There is no reason for spawning groups * nbr of players. Check your number of groups, occurrence for repetition, condition(s) for spawning (and nbr of modules also!)

Hey Pierre, Using the Spawn Groups Attack module, I want to pass a code on the spawning group to disable AUTOCOMBAT. Cant figure out how. Is it possible? Thanks 

On 2/16/2022 at 8:47 PM, _pear_ said:

Hey Pierre, Using the Spawn Groups Attack module, I want to pass a code on the spawning group to disable AUTOCOMBAT. Cant figure out how. Is it possible? Thanks 

Yes. Follow the documentation link at front page.

in CODE for GROUP:

params ["_grp","_lead","_vehs"]; _grp setBehaviour "CARELESS";

or

params ["_grp","_lead","_vehs"]; _grp setBehaviour "SAFE"; {_x disableAI "AUTOCOMBAT"} count units _grp;

When approaching a tank regarding the One Man Tank module, is there a way to make a toggle for it on the action menu? Alternatively, is there a way to exclude actual client players from it? We implemented it in our heavily modified version of Escape, and love being able to roll in armor by ourselves but it cost us the ability to ride together if there is only one tank available.

Hey Man awesome work, I´m quite new to arma 3 mods and that although I have built  some servers with triggers and that before installing MGI modules, the thing is that Im looking to have jets spawned in an airport which can be done with the vehicle respawn module, however  I want to set a trigger that once it is activated it will disable the spawn as the airport is seized by blufor faction, i have tried deletevehicle and the module and the trigger itself but it has not worked, do you know if this is possible? Thanks

Hello Killroyk2, welcome and thanks for using the MGI modules.

If you want to stop any respawn of vehicle, just add it (them) into the variable MGI_BLACKLISTVEHRESPAWN

For example, if you named them a1, a2..., just {MGI_BLACKLISTVEHRESPAWN pushBackUnique _x} forEach [a1,a2]  when you don't want to respawn them anymore.

That works also via trigger (with the condition you want), an area for the trigger and an activation code like:

{MGI_BLACKLISTVEHRESPAWN pushBackUnique _x} forEach (vehicles select {_x inArea thisTrigger});

you can add filter (inside select {..}) for BLUE, RED sides... of course

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much pierremgi! 

Edit: This is odd, I tried some variations of the code you provided, however it does not seem to stop  the spawn of a vehicle.
I tried
 {MGI_BLACKLISTVEHRESPAWN pushBackUnique _x} forEach [a1,a2]

{MGI_BLACKLISTVEHRESPAWN pushBackUnique [a1]}; 

{MGI_BLACKLISTVEHRESPAWN pushBackUnique _x} forEach (vehicles select {_x inArea thisTrigger});

None of them worked even when the trigger was activated(I set a hint to know if it reached the end of the activation code), could this be related to the use of other mods like ACE, CBA ....?

Edited by Killroyk2

Hey Pierremgi

Found a small issue,not sure if your aware of it. 

The vehicle respawn,though working generally perfectly and remembering waypoints etc,has an issue with the loiter waypoints extra variables.

In this case, "waypoint specific-waypoint loiter" at the end of the loiter waypoint info panel in eden editor>  "waypoint altitude". 

The altitude is not being remembered upon a respawn. Waypoint radius i didnt test,though "think' its ok.( edit: also not working)

What im attempting to do is have the blackfish loiter over the AO providing support and allow it to respawn every so often.

Any chance this waypoint specific info could be remembered?

The wiki states that loiter wp's,if followed by any other wayoint afterwards,will cause the loiter waypoint to simply be ignored and act like a normal move waypoint. potential cause of this?

EDIT:

Found a potential fix:

Assign a move wp first,then the loiter. when unit respawns,first move wp is ignored,unit goes straight to loiter wp and when it reaches it,starts to adhear to height and radius.

Honestly,i cant really understand the logic behind it,but it works regardless.

also i looked at vehicle respawn,it says you can set a variable for a specific veicle respawn time. How exactly do i do that? all my vehicles synced are set to 20 min respawn but i would like one to be different than that

Hello redarmy

Thanks for the feedback and the workaround about loiter waypoint which has its own native code.

You can set a variable on specific vehicle for a specific respawn time :

yourVehicle setVariable ["MGICustomRespVehTime", anyValueYouWant];  (server)

I will add that in the included documentation in addon.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Hello redarmy

Thanks for the feedback and the workaround about loiter waypoint which has its own native code.

You can set a variable on specific vehicle for a specific respawn time :

yourVehicle setVariable ["MGICustomRespVehTime", anyValueYouWant];  (server)

I will add that in the included documentation in addon.

Your a gentleman thanks

Hey again Pierremgi

Was considering to run a scenario with a few BLU groups having the revive applied to them,but noticed a few issues(removed AI ragdoll mod and retested) and im not running any AI behaviour changing mods.

I noticed that the healer (or being healed) while performing medic actions or being revived,afterwards,during combat is causing  that AI unit to constantly go weapon up/weapon  down animation while in a combat state. On top of that the group as a whole are only standing during combat,and cant couch,prone or take cover.

Not seeing it happen on player group.

Il add  was using vanilla high command to issue move orders. im guessing during the animation for revive somewhere,its glitching out when group leaders re order subordanates. Its very reproducable as it happens all the time.

Did you notice it?

6 hours ago, redarmy said:

Did you notice it?

No. But I can test to reproduce it on my side if you have a reproducible vanilla simple scenario, perhaps...

There are some reports about that, independently of my mod:

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/561

https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/1319962244125164034/

https://www.reddit.com/r/armadev/comments/5bxz5r/ai_constantly_raise_and_lower_their_weapons/.

And cherry on the cake, remaining crucial issues with vanilla AI behaviors.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T161166

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/143930-general-discussion-dev-branch/?do=findComment&comment=3458895

So, no will on my side to elaborate more codes til BI doesn't dig into better FSMs avoiding so basic issue. I guess the stress is put on Reforger now.

Hi, Pierre.

Just a quick question....any way to have different values of how many times a vehicle can respawn?

Now i have both sides' vehicles synced to a single module but i'd like more respawns for one side, if possible.

btw, props for enhanced turret module. Amazing. Whole villages get demolished now in the back and forth spawn skirmishes im setting up for myself. 😮

• Thanks 1

Thanks!

Yes, you can write something like:

this setVariable ["respawnCount",6]; // in init field of a vehicle. In fact, the vehicle will respawn one less time than the setting (i.e. 5 times here instead of 6). It's more a nbr of life rather than a respawn counter. I will not change the variable name for that.

So, concerning West edited vehicles, you can run at start:

{_x setVariable ["respawnCount",6]} forEach (vehicles select {side _x == WEST});

If some west vehicles are not concerned, you can avoid setting a useless variables on them, filtering with : vehicles select {!isNil {_x getVariable "MGIrespVehOK"}} but you need to delay the code by a sleep (5sec). "MGIrespVehOK" variable is set for all respawning vehicles after a little time.

If you spawn some vehicles during scenario (respawning vehicles are already treated), you can loop like this:

[] spawn {
  while {true} do {
    sleep 2;
   {_x setVariable ["respawnCount",6]} forEach (vehicles select {_x getVariable ["respawnCount",0] != 6 && side _x == WEST});
  };
};

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Thanks!

Yes, you can write something like:

this setVariable ["respawnCount",6]; // in init field of a vehicle. In fact, the vehicle will respawn one less time than the setting (i.e. 5 times here instead of 6). It's more a nbr of life rather than a respawn counter. I will not change the variable name for that.

So, concerning West edited vehicles, you can run at start:

{_x setVariable ["respawnCount",6]} forEach (vehicles select {side _x == WEST});

If some west vehicles are not concerned, you can avoid setting a useless variables on them, filtering with : vehicles select {!isNil {_x getVariable "MGIrespVehOK"}} but you need to delay the code by a sleep (5sec). "MGIrespVehOK" variable is set for all respawning vehicles after a little time.

If you spawn some vehicles during scenario (respawning vehicles are already treated), you can loop like this:

[] spawn {
  while {true} do {
    sleep 2;
   {_x setVariable ["respawnCount",6]} forEach (vehicles select {_x getVariable ["respawnCount",0] != 6 && side _x == WEST});
  };
};

Very nice.

It's actually perfect for my needs.

Wanted to limit some special vehicles (anti air, artillery, helicopter) while keeping the BI spawn modules constantly churning out inf/mot/armor with no respawn limits except manpower cap. 

Now im thinking maybe i could use your module for everything...could also avoid the tediousness of setting up a BI module spawnable faction that rly ticks all the bells just by setting things in nice groups in the editor.

is

working on infantry too?