Cherry on the cake, the "drop vehicle instead of crate" module can now be used with airplanes.

Keep your mod updated!

• Like 2

On 12/10/2020 at 5:08 PM, redarmy said:

I ran into an issue when a squad were walking over a mine.What happened was a claymore went off,putting all but the squad leader into a revive state,the revive process happened,and everyone was revived,but after that,all of the guys who needed to be revived got stuck in the prone position and unable to get them out of it in any way other than forcing them to join players group and issuing a stand up command.

Some other odd behaviour is that AI going to heal is usually getting stuck in place or running around unable to locate the downed team mate(in this case he is also being ignored by enemy and ignoring enemy). He often goes into a safe/careless mode other times and simply stands in place.

I just reinstalled Arma and am running with no other mods.Possible issue from the new Arma3 update?

6 hours ago, redarmy said:

I ran into an issue when a squad were walking over a mine.What happened was a claymore went off,putting all but the squad leader into a revive state,the revive process happened,and everyone was revived,but after that,all of the guys who needed to be revived got stuck in the prone position and unable to get them out of it in any way other than forcing them to join players group and issuing a stand up command.

I need to make some reproducible events like this. Not easy.

6 hours ago, redarmy said:

Some other odd behaviour is that AI going to heal is usually getting stuck in place or running around unable to locate the downed team mate(in this case he is also being ignored by enemy and ignoring enemy). He often goes into a safe/careless mode other times and simply stands in place.

In complex environment (for AIs not for player), for example when the wounded is near a wall or at house level or.. when any AI can't find a path (path is calculated by Arma engine), there are 2 or 3 attempts to close the wounded, then a timer to proceed for healing, sometimes a little far from him. I didn't find better way but any idea easily transposable in decent code is welcome.

The temporary captive mode for "medic" is an intended behavior. That doesn't mean this guy can't be shot in a melee, that means he has much more chance to finish the job. What is sure, without that, you can stack the corpses of medic for medic for medic... for first victim. Usually, that's fine. Sometimes AI medics are killed in action, the script manages that, medic is victim at his turn and needs to be healed...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

I need to make some reproducible events like this. Not easy.

In complex environment (for AIs not for player), for example when the wounded is near a wall or at house level or.. when any AI can't find a path (path is calculated by Arma engine), there are 2 or 3 attempts to close the wounded, then a timer to proceed for healing, sometimes a little far from him. I didn't find better way but any idea easily transposable in decent code is welcome.

The temporary captive mode for "medic" is an intended behavior. That doesn't mean this guy can't be shot in a melee, that means he has much more chance to finish the job. What is sure, without that, you can stack the corpses of medic for medic for medic... for first victim. Usually, that's fine. Sometimes AI medics are killed in action, the script manages that, medic is victim at his turn and needs to be healed...

The captive mode for healer is actually a good idea(seamless as i didnt notice it before).

And yeah my test of this issue was done in an urban area(Molos town,NE of Altis).Lots of alley ways and such.However i did notice one of the downed AI was in a totally pathable area(middle of a crossroad) and the healer/medic got to his position but then moved away before healing(possibly he was looking for another AI)

Isee the limitation that your talking about with the engine and pathing,and having no ability to script very well i cant think of a better way to fix it. However , what if the script could calculate if the downed AIs position was not pathable,and if so,set its position to the nearest location which is by teleporting the unit? That would in most cases constitute a few feet and may look clean enough.

Path calculation is made between a position and a destination. It's possible but resource consuming to check a spiral of positions until finding a reachable one for an AI, from its position. And teleportation can kill immersion. The players are also concerned by that when AIs try to heal them. 

More than that, you already experienced a bad case with AIs stuck in prone stance. I thought this was the past, not seeing that for a while, but that proves a complex situation, with already complex codes, can fail due to scheduler (I think), so some codes fail to be terminated in due time. Difficult (for me) to add extra-codes in this context. There is no easy solution.

Big thanks anyway for your feedback and suggestion. I'm touched by any post about my work and I'm keeping all issues or improvements in mind, just in case of a "flash" to advance.

• Like 1

These modules are now compatible with SOG prairie fire

You can spawn Vietnamese civilians...
You can add car traffic (of any sides), spawn SOG groups in patrol areas, spawn SOG group for attacks,...

you can put the fire firing at barrels or fuel tanks...

... stick charges on doors/walls (mind for a blast efficiency, the mines/explo are not weak!)

you can breach (i.e. cut wires with a toolkit (any) or blast hedgehogs and other obstacles)...

btw, the barbed wires can puncture your wheels...

... and all usual aspects of this Swiss tool for mission makers.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

These modules are now compatible with SOG prairie fire

You can spawn Vietnamese civilians...
You can add car traffic (of any sides), spawn SOG groups in patrol areas, spawn SOG group for attacks,...

you can put the fire firing at barrels or fuel tanks...

... stick charges on doors/walls (mind for a blast efficiency, the mines/explo are not weak!)

you can breach (i.e. cut wires with a toolkit (any) or blast hedgehogs and other obstacles)...

btw, the barbed wires can puncture your wheels...

... and all usual aspects of this Swiss tool for mission makers.

Nice update @pierremgi

Had a question and a request.

Is there any way to blacklist an area for civilian traffic? Or to disable traffic spawning once combat has been initiated in an area?

And regarding civs,is there a way you can add a spawning distance parameter ?Im not sure what the default is but it seems player must be very close to the location.The idea i have here is that a player doing some sort of recon on a town could be quite a distance away,trying to look for enemy within the town,having civs mixed in with possible enemy adds more immersion.

If not,i understand i can spawn them at mission start so that works perfectly fine with just a few locations without worrying about performance

5 minutes ago, redarmy said:

Nice update @pierremgi

Had a question and a request.

Is there any way to blacklist an area for civilian traffic? Or to disable traffic spawning once combat has been initiated in an area?

And regarding civs,is there a way you can add a spawning distance parameter ?I'm not sure what the default is but it seems player must be very close to the location.The idea i have here is that a player doing some sort of recon on a town could be quite a distance away,trying to look for enemy within the town,having civs mixed in with possible enemy adds more immersion.

If not,i understand i can spawn them at mission start so that works perfectly fine with just a few locations without worrying about performance

Traffic (civilian or not) has parameters for mods and a field for any extra code as a filter (see hint on parameter).

I could add a field for a condition, so the mission maker could script anything like your wish for player's behavior...

Note: The traffic doesn't work by area but proximity with each player (in fact 3 of them max. or randomized in a loop)

For civs, I think you are speaking about civilian life module, so pedestrian (not cars) you can choose what you want as spawning area(s), just linking multiple triggers (no condition or else, that's just for the area). Don't hesitate to add multiple triggers, even on same town if the max population on not satisfactory... but all civilians are units (not agents) and have waypoints... That was for simplifying the human bomber code, at start. So, the resource can be impacted with too many civilians.
Spawning far (depending on view distance, binoculars or optics...) erfff... I should test. And yes, you can spawn civilian at start by option. But I admit it's not the best solution.

2 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Traffic (civilian or not) has parameters for mods and a field for any extra code as a filter (see hint on parameter).

I could add a field for a condition, so the mission maker could script anything like your wish for player's behavior...

Note: The traffic doesn't work by area but proximity with each player (in fact 3 of them max. or randomized in a loop)

For civs, I think you are speaking about civilian life module, so pedestrian (not cars) you can choose what you want as spawning area(s), just linking multiple triggers (no condition or else, that's just for the area). Don't hesitate to add multiple triggers, even on same town if the max population on not satisfactory... but all civilians are units (not agents) and have waypoints... That was for simplifying the human bomber code, at start. So, the resource can be impacted with too many civilians.
Spawning far (depending on view distance, binoculars or optics...) erfff... I should test. And yes, you can spawn civilian at start by option. But I admit it's not the best solution.

Oh nice i didnt realise i could use one module for the civ placement via triggers.

Does the civ placement and traffic script detect players in aircraft? And does height matter to spawn distance?

Yes and no.
Fair air assets, civilian populate detects only helicopters flying below 20 m (So in approach most of the time). But  no air plane.
For car traffic, the player must not be in air assets (there is no time for spawning something decent and resource friendly). So player must be on foot or inside a land vehicle.

I know I must write a notice for these modules...

57 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Yes and no.
Fair air assets, civilian populate detects only helicopters flying below 20 m (So in approach most of the time). But  no air plane.
For car traffic, the player must not be in air assets (there is no time for spawning something decent and resource friendly). So player must be on foot or inside a land vehicle.

I know I must write a notice for these modules...

All that makes perfect and performant logical sense.

I assume using a UAV while player is touching ground physically will still spawn traffic

Is there a way in the revive for player module you could tweak it to enforce the players side to its previous side(blufor etc) and add a player rating? 

The reason i ask is that because of vanilla,if player pilots a helo,crashes and all embarked passengers die,the player then gets a negative rating and becomes hostile to his side.In this case because of the revive i survive the helo crash,but if my passengers were killed on landing all other groups on my side will be hostile.

I tried using zeus to set side,after revive(which your module also does) but it didnt help.I think in vanilla if you die in a helo crash and have passengers on board,it doesnt matter because your dead..reload etc..but with MGI revive their are now alternative situations playing out.

Its just a small thing and probably very situational but just wanted to mention it.I can probably create a trigger to add rating in my own scenario

Done.
The Mp revive heal is now compatible with MP editor / attributes multiplayer  - revive mode enabled for basic incapacitation mode (player always fall unconscious instead of dead).

• Thanks 1

Just a bit of feedback upon more playtime with the revive.

Is there a way it could check bro's who are in position of gunner,driver or commander slot and exclude them from being a healer until they exit(are ordered by player) to exit vehicle.

Just booted up a scenario acting as a commander of APC with embarked mechanized squad and upon the troops disembarking they got cut down by an MG and the driver got out to revive them. Would be nice if we could prevent that as its not realistic for crew to bail like that and can hinder the player. I know bro closest to the downed AI revives first so usually crew stay in vehicle,but still thought id mention it. Not sure how it will act on pilots as didnt test.

That's already the case. There are a lot of conditions and priorities for an AI to heal another AI. If the driver disembarks that means there is no other bro able to heal the AIs' group. The vehicle joins the wounded and driver disembarks. It's not so unrealistic in, regard of the group's survival. The gunner should not if in combat mode. Pilots are never concern by that, except on ground...

The problem is that they are so many cases, I can't script for all situations, and for all scripter minds.

You have already some parameters for tuning something related to your context:

- ability to be a medic or not,

- medikit/ toolkit needed or not,

I will (or not) add a kind of black list for potential medics in bros...  Meanwhile, you can choose "medikit needed" (that doesn't mean the medic unit use one from inventory, just means it must have it), and remove the medikit from the driver's inventory (or along with its driver status...)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pierremgi said:

That's already the case. There are a lot of conditions and priorities for an AI to heal another AI. If the driver disembarks that means there is no other bro able to heal the AIs' group. The vehicle joins the wounded and driver disembarks. It's not so unrealistic in, regard of the group's survival. The gunner should not if in combat mode. Pilots are never concern by that, except on ground...

The problem is that they are so many cases, I can't script for all situations, and for all scripter minds.

You have already some parameters for tuning something related to your context:

- ability to be a medic or not,

- medikit/ toolkit needed or not,

I will (or not) add a kind of black list for potential medics in bros...  Meanwhile, you can choose "medikit needed" (that doesn't mean the medic unit use one from inventory, just means it must have it), and remove the medikit from the driver's inventory (or along with its driver status...)

Your totally right and i had completely forget about the option to have med kit users only option.The module has been in my editor and untouched since placing it just slipped my mind. Cheers

I will use that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pierremgi said:

I will (or not) add a kind of black list for potential medics in bros

Yeah it should be the best approach if we can blacklist the crew class name.

Pierremgi

Just a further bit of feedback.

I noticed that AI in players group are not able to go into a revive state after being hit with a vehicle half of the time.They sometimes die instantly,not sure if its intended or not.(player driven in this case,friendly fire).

However further testing it would seem that even IF they do survive being driven over,once they leave the laying on ground animation(no revive was needed in this case) they do not benefit from being revived once shot by enemy.The next time they take any type of damage they instantly die like in vanilla.

To be honest testing mechanized groups in Arma3 vanilla is giving all sorts of headaches,it was while testing that i discovered this issue.Running entirely vanilla.(This may have been a high amount of damage such as auto cannon fire only)

Another issue is that the AI leave the group temporarily and thats causing all kinds of problems with mechanized player groups(messing up the assigned crew seats) so revived units will no longer enter the vehicle until either the player(commander) or driver / gunner exit first.

The only way i know of to easily be a mechanized group commander is to assign yourself and the crew as one team color and the embarked troops as another,but upon revive because of the AI temporarily leaving the group,the player needs to reasign the team color.

I understand AI must leave the player group and there isnt much that can be done,and im going to test all this later with a way to disable friendly vehicle fire but just wanted to share this fin with you.

You're trying to re-invent the AI behavior. It's utterly complicated. You can do all tests you want, that doesn't mean there will be a solution. On my side, I spent too many time with that. Not saying your complex solutions will ruin the global performance in game.

7 hours ago, pierremgi said:

You're trying to re-invent the AI behavior. It's utterly complicated. You can do all tests you want, that doesn't mean there will be a solution. On my side, I spent too many time with that. Not saying your complex solutions will ruin the global performance in game.

No im not i was actually going to test with an old mod whch disables AI being damaged from friendly vehicles though im pretty sure since it uses an event handler it probably wont work well with any AI mod that uses a revive so iv settled on the current way it is.Still fine as long as i dont run over my AI lol.

Was just wondering if it was normal and letting you know that roadkilling them stops the revive functioning on my end.

Probably due to how the last event handler "handleDamage" fires with that, on your mods or scripts.

On my side, I can't reproduce that in SP or MP. I place 2 groups of BLUFOR on map, one with playable units. An empty hunter into which I jump as player, I can run over playable or not units, if I set to all west the bros, it's fine in SP or MP... they are healing each others.

2 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Probably due to how the last event handler "handleDamage" fires with that, on your mods or scripts.

On my side, I can't reproduce that in SP or MP. I place 2 groups of BLUFOR on map, one with playable units. An empty hunter into which I jump as player, I can run over playable or not units, if I set to all west the bros, it's fine in SP or MP... they are healing each others.

Not happening on your end then i assume it must be some script in my mission though nothing script or mod wise is touching AI. I did have TPW sanity which handled AI being immune to being ran over by friendly vehicles but i disable the mod.I dont believe mods can get "baked" into a scenario save as most if not all run at mission start.

Possibly something to do with recruiting AI after mission start perhaps.Ok thanks for confirming you dont have the issue.

Hello @pierremgi, truly enjoying the mods!

I ran into a situation last night, MP, dedicated server, UNSUNG mission on Song Bin Tahn map:

I have "Drop vehicles instead of crates module" synced to "uns_pbr" (also in module as "dropped vehicle/crate") and "uns_ch47_m60_army" (also in module as "default helicopter"). Module synced to Support Provider / /Support Requestor / and a Player unit.

The intent is to have a PBR dropped into one of the rivers, which consistently works fine in editor. Trying it on dedicated server the drop was always in the tree line short of the map-click on the river...almost acted as if it didn't want to drop over water. What do you think?

43 minutes ago, Soapbox0331 said:

What do you think?

I'm using the same code as BI (almost), so the crate is released when the distance (BI) or distance2D (me), between drop point (wpt) and asset starts to increase, without any consideration about wind effect or effective speed or altitude of the asset. You can take that into account, usually crates released by "fast" assets are dropped rather far.

No clue about time difference between dedicated server and editor. Perhaps, delay due to multiple codes running at this time. (I kept the 0.1 sec loop for checking distance, so you may encounter the same thing with vanilla helos and crates)

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

I added a new module: Rearm

This module allows your AIs for rearming on arsenal or crates/vehicles, or even corpses, if low on ammo for primary weapon (<10 remaining shots) and any possibility within 100m. It's automatic, but you can stop the unit.
unif, vests, & backpacks are also searched for mags or weapons inside crates or vehicles.

If no mags for its current primary weapon, AI can pick an existing weapon on corpses or crates.

More description here.

Have fun

• Like 2