Hi Pierremgi

Lovely SP mod here i really appreciate the revive.

I have an issue though...POW isnt working for me.When i aim down sights and temp zoom in nothing happens.I watched the tutorial video and set it up just like you have it but nothing is  happening. Im kind of clueless now.Only have CBA running.

Any ideas why it wont work?

You need to aim and right click (temporary zoom) . What are your set up? (max distance, wounds, balance ratio, ammos...)

So, by default our AI is placed with enableSimulation set to false and hideObject set to true. How can I do that this also happens when they are respawning using the module?

1 hour ago, Mattzimann said:

So, by default our AI is placed with enableSimulation set to false and hideObject set to true. How can I do that this also happens when they are respawning using the module?

That's not implemented for the respawn AI module. A generic code for that could be too heavy. For a specific behavior on specific units, you must script something adapted to your aim.

Spoiler

For general purpose and performance, I suggest you to use the dynamic simulation manager that you can parameter in 3den. It's compatible.

3 hours ago, pierremgi said:

You need to aim and right click (temporary zoom) . What are your set up? (max distance, wounds, balance ratio, ammos...)

I have my keys rebound.But definetly am aiming then "temporary zooming" as it says in the options menu.

My set up is odd as i use a controller to zoom temporary (Left trigger),and a button on the mouse to aim.

I will try vanilla binds but i dont see it helping.  Max distance,wounds,etc are untouched.I simply have vanilla settings in the module

Not sure you have the temporary zoom. No matter the key binding, the script is waiting for :

inputAction "zoomTemp" == 1

You must try to understand how that triggers on your PC. Try actionKeysNames  "zoomTemp" in one watch line of the debug console.

54 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Not sure you have the temporary zoom. No matter the key binding, the script is waiting for :

inputAction "zoomTemp" == 1

You must try to understand how that triggers on your PC. Try actionKeysNames  "zoomTemp" in one watch line of the debug console.

Thanks

well i have it working IF i use the default key binds,i guess the issue is something to do with setting a custom keybind or using an Xbox controller to temp zoom. Kind of odd.

yeah i CAN confirm custom keybinds are working on keyboard but if the temp zoom is set to anything on a controller it wont trigger.

I don't have xBox. Could you report the returned value , in a watch line of debug console for:

actionKeysNames "zoomTemp"

20 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

I don't have xBox. Could you report the returned value , in a watch line of debug console for:

actionKeysNames "zoomTemp"

controller xbox stick z+ axis

Thats what gets returned

Also i tried to make a suicide bomber surrender,i either wasnt quick enuogh or it isnt possible. Is it possible ? Because when they surrendered they still blew i believe.

Thanks again for this mod its amazing.  

The fire effects kill FPS though,so i need to disable it,even with particles on low.

Also i had a few instanced of civs(usually one guy) not despawning when they should.Oher than that no issues everything here adds so much to the game for me a big thanks mate!

12 hours ago, pierremgi said:

That's not implemented for the respawn AI module. A generic code for that could be too heavy. For a specific behavior on specific units, you must script something adapted to your aim.

Hide contents

For general purpose and performance, I suggest you to use the dynamic simulation manager that you can parameter in 3den. It's compatible.

Does those Modules work if they are only added as a Servermod? Because if that would work and you would allow me to do it, I would modify your module so that AI always respawns disabled just for our purposes.

For the modules, definitely no. But I also shared some scripts here (like AI respawns) All these scripts can be modified as you wish. For addon, all players must have the original one (signed). If a (part of) module  is server only, there is no consequence for clients' performance. BI signature is the guarantee for an updated consistent addon. Most of the main functions are calling some other ones, so, I do not recommend a modification, even with credits.

For Ais respawning always disabled, you will need a specific script anyway, and that's not so easy (which ones, what are the conditions for enable them...)

21 hours ago, pierremgi said:

For the modules, definitely no. But I also shared some scripts here (like AI respawns) All these scripts can be modified as you wish. For addon, all players must have the original one (signed). If a (part of) module  is server only, there is no consequence for clients' performance. BI signature is the guarantee for an updated consistent addon. Most of the main functions are calling some other ones, so, I do not recommend a modification, even with credits.

For Ais respawning always disabled, you will need a specific script anyway, and that's not so easy (which ones, what are the conditions for enable them...)

I tried getting the specific script to work but that completely didnt work for me. Spawning them disabled using the modules IF they have a specific variable set on them was as easy as adding 5 lines of code to your module. Unfortunately if you don't want me to modify your Addon I'll try to get your Script working.

Edit:

Nevermind: I was too dumb to set up the trigger.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Mattzimann

@pierremgi When using the SP Respawn module,crashing a helo is just causing my player to get ejected from vehicle with no damage.

2 hours ago, redarmy said:

@pierremgi When using the SP Respawn module,crashing a helo is just causing my player to get ejected from vehicle with no damage.

It's intended as is, for vehicle. That doesn't mean you are invincible.... But that will be tweaked in next update.

On 11/28/2020 at 11:24 PM, redarmy said:

Also i tried to make a suicide bomber surrender,i either wasnt quick enuogh or it isnt possible. Is it possible ? Because when they surrendered they still blew i believe.

suicide bomber are not supposed to surrender (by definition). You have to kill them before they blow. Fleeing is few times an option.... you can try, hiding behind a rock...

The fire effects kill FPS though,so i need to disable it,even with particles on low.

Try to param for less tracers. If your scenario is heavy, that can occur. I have a 970 GTX + i7 7700K 8 Go RAM,  and SSD (important!). It's OK. After that, I don't know why people loves 60+ FPS. Your eye can't make the difference.

Also i had a few instanced of civs(usually one guy) not despawning when they should.Oher than that no issues everything here adds so much to the game for me a big thanks mate!

I don't despawn all the spawned civilians because they can travel a little bit out of their area. So I despawn most of them staying in the area to avoid some despawn in front of players.

Not perfect. It's on my todo list...

OK thanks for clearing it up. Just to clarify..the first part,the respawn...it is player respawn and not vehicle respawn causing this.So if its intended im assuming your intent is deliberate in SP respawn to eject players from destroyed vehicles and handle the damage.

The fire effect when i first noticed it was actually a single fuel station (agia marina on stratis,between town and airstrip) was just one building object(3 fuel pumps i believe) and nothing else on map bar a few AI,the fire effects in close proximity is what killed FPS.Perhaps delete a fire source if another one is too close?As looking in said direction obliterated FPS to around single digits(using a GTX 1060, particles on low)

Effects look fantastic and is worth a frame hit in SP after taking another look.

1 hour ago, redarmy said:

OK thanks for clearing it up. Just to clarify..the first part,the respawn...it is player respawn and not vehicle respawn causing this.So if its intended im assuming your intent is deliberate in SP respawn to eject players from destroyed vehicles and handle the damage.

Yes I understood that and I correct it by:

- ejecting the pilot but not handling damage (so he will die most of the time),

- or...   applying only damages on ejected player from a land vehicle.

Seems to me a good deal.

1 hour ago, redarmy said:

The fire effect when i first noticed it was actually a single fuel station (agia marina on stratis,between town and airstrip) was just one building object(3 fuel pumps i believe) and nothing else on map bar a few AI,the fire effects in close proximity is what killed FPS.Perhaps delete a fire source if another one is too close?As looking in said direction obliterated FPS to around single digits(using a GTX 1060, particles on low)

Effects look fantastic and is worth a frame hit in SP after taking another look.

Tested that at once. FPS dropped from 60 to 40 - 35 after shot on the 3 pumps...  My particle setting is on "high" (max). I remarked that the total amount of emitted particles (at least dark smokes seems to have a Arma limit. The smoke clouds decrease in high when multiplied. It's automatic.

Any suggestion welcome.

EDITED:

btw, nothing new under the sun. FPS drastically drop with simple smoke grenades

7 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Yes I understood that and I correct it by:

- ejecting the pilot but not handling damage (so he will die most of the time),

- or...   applying only damages on ejected player from a land vehicle.

Seems to me a good deal.

Tested that at once. FPS dropped from 60 to 40 - 35 after shot on the 3 pumps...  My particle setting is on "high" (max). I remarked that the total amount of emitted particles (at least dark smokes seems to have a Arma limit. The smoke clouds decrease in high when multiplied. It's automatic.

Any suggestion welcome.

EDITED:

btw, nothing new under the sun. FPS drastically drop with simple smoke grenades

Walking inside the smoke, FPS fall down to 10 !!

Hahahaha BIS thought they could mask that one from us and we would never know😂

Nice test

RELEASED UPDATE.

I added a little HUD for planes (see notes on steam).

Spoiler

A little homemade HUD for plane. Because that helps to have a throttle bar, especially when you're playing with no joystick...

You can toggle it ON/OFF by CTRL H or ALT H or even menu (choice)

So, I added:

a speed bar (green/red when dynamically downgrading performance under G factor),

an aoa (angle of attack) indicator USN/USAF standard,

gear, flaps, hook maneuvering

compass (you can toggle North up/ heading up with R)

nearest airfield and its runway direction

and tweaked most of things you asked or noticed here.

Thanks for your comments!

Have fun!

Pierre

• Like 1

Awesome update and great video to showcase it. I use a joystick but i still want that throttle bar.

I am making a mission and using the vehicle respawn.I synced up some vehicles and made a ["start","start","start"] array.

The thing is all of the vehicles have a probability of presence set to 50% on them and when one doesnt spawn at mission start the vehicle respawn is throwing out errors. The respawn still works and recognizes the "these objects can respawn" and "where will these objects respawn" arrays. But i just want to double check with you that this will not cause the respawn module to break or cause any undesirable effects throughout the mission. Also just something i noticed...using zues lightening bolt to destroy a vehicle (just killing crew inside) stops the vehicle from respawning.Not sure why that is,its not counted as disembarked if crew is dead?

Also sorry for what might be an obvious answer to this but iv been away a while.Upon updates do i need to replace all MGI moules in my mission editor?

No, for updates, there is nothing to do. Modules are updated and compatible with your previous scenario. If I add some extra parameters (as advanced player for plane HUD), just open them and choose what you want.

For Zeus thunderbolt (I don't use Zeus), I guess there is no hit part damage, but just a kill like damage _target = 1. In this case, the EH handleDamage doesn't fire (same if you do that in console with cursorObject) . The module relies on handleDamage instead of simple death (damage == 1) because it's a way to save the last config before the wreck/corpse status. On the other hand, if you are playing with Zeus, just spawn a new unit/vehicle.

You sync vehicles with module, applying on them a probability of presence. This case was not implemented. I fixed the error and that will be updated today.

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

No, for updates, there is nothing to do. Modules are updated and compatible with your previous scenario. If I add some extra parameters (as advanced player for plane HUD), just open them and choose what you want.

For Zeus thunderbolt (I don't use Zeus), I guess there is no hit part damage, but just a kill like damage _target = 1. In this case, the EH handleDamage doesn't fire (same if you do that in console with cursorObject) . The module relies on handleDamage instead of simple death (damage == 1) because it's a way to save the last config before the wreck/corpse status. On the other hand, if you are playing with Zeus, just spawn a new unit/vehicle.

You sync vehicles with module, applying on them a probability of presence. This case was not implemented. I fixed the error and that will be updated today.

Awesome stuff.Thank you

I actually wanted to suggest something for the vehicle respawn as i did alot of tests today using various patrol scripts including BIS function task patrol,manual waypoints and eventually settling on using  "Gaurd" waypoint for best effect... When i say for best effect what i mean is AI vehicles often times get inexplicibaly stuck and wont move to or complete a waypoint(even a gaurd waypoint).And i dont mean stuck on objects,they just turn off engine and ignore waypoints.

I looked into "CanMove" and this seems to only relate to checking a vehicles engine to determine if it can move.I like the options you have for the vehicle respawn already such as the vehicle crew disembarked etc,really essential. Is there anything you can do to respawn the vehicle if they get stuck in the fashion i mentioned? 

Respawning them essentially re assigns the waypoint getting them out of the stuck issue. Its a vanilla issue but a quite glaring one and im just trying to see if you had any thoughts on it or even knew what might cause it so i could fix it in my mission.I think it has  something to do with obstacles logics. Is it possible to spawn the group leader in the actual drivers seat?

That's a little bit too far from the initial intent for respawning vehicles + crew + waypoints +...  as already scripted.

Respawning vehicle on start position will reassign the waypoints. Respawning them at death position will make them continue on previous track as they didn't die.

For waypoints and all path issues, BI didn't manage something robust with that. There are some "workarounds", or more exactly what we call in French: Cautery on wooden leg, like:

calculatePath and pathCalculated (that will not make AIs more clever)

or

useAiSteeringComponent with steering considerations  if you want to play with...  (that will not improve the detection of obstacles).

So far, I will not add a line for AI/vehicle paths. It's on each scenario writer to make compromises with the map (they are not equal in term of moving units), the chosen vehicles (mods are not equal in term of vehicle motion), the chosen environment (roads, trees, rocks, cities). That can't be fine in all (pomp and) circumstances.