Hi Pierre,

The idea is to do some sortof "APC Operations", more or less using the features you already have.

1) You start the game by the side of an APC. Its crew inside: driver, gunner, commander, and 2 additional crew members.

2) You go somewhere and call the APC to pick you up. Set task as goal?

3) The APC must fight its way and shoots infantry with cannon on the way.

4) If the APC is destroyed then it needs to respawn at base with its crew inside. Today, many modules have this module but after respawn the menus disappear.

5) If one of your team members is hurt, the 2 spare crew members eject the APC with a white flag and heal the hurt person then go back to the APC. Currently they do not return to the APC. Or, they carry the hurt AI or player to inside the apc.

6) The APC maintains the taxi options menu on multiplayer. Today the module is not working for me on MP.

With just that, HALO and a script to respawn inside the APC you can already create many cool missions or define tasks as goals on the run 🙂

Very clever choice of modules by the way!

• Like 1

Well, thanks for the feedback.

Modified the Transport module to make it respawn compatible. Added a "call taxi" action, based on hard coded parameters for finding accurate vehicles.

If any vehicle available (civilian or same side as player), you can see an action menu to call it.

For ship, right now, you have to call it when you're "feet wet" (surfaceIsWater makes the difference for calling a car or a ship).

When you order a long distance destination, the AI seems stuck (and he is sometimes, the Arma engine failing to calculate a path in due time).

In this case, just point at a closer destination (usually on road) and alter it during the drive.

As leader of Ais, if you want to call for a truck (if available) or a vehicle able to transport your group, make sure that your AI units are within 100m from you... Not saying that a taxi will match your aim.

• Like 3

Hey @pierremgi. Once again, this mod is incredible. Really does wonders for my singleplayer missions.

I think there's an issue with the Respawn modules. The West seems to work fine when you create a marker labeled "MGIRespWestAI", but the Ind seems conflicted with the Vehicles and AI. The vehicles seem to respawn on markers called "MGIRespInd" while the soldiers respawn on Markers labeled "MGIRespIndAI". This is fine, but the drop down shows MGIRespInd.

Also, the OPFOR AI only respawn on start position. None of the markers allow them to respawn elsewhere.

Lastly, is there a way to allow vehicles to spawn later than personnel, because what'll happen is if you set vehicles to respawn for say 30sec, but AI to respawn 15sec, the AI from the vehicles will respawn first, then the vehicles will respawn empty. I usually just have the vehicles respawn earlier than the AI, so that they will have AI in them.

Anyway, thanks for the quick responses, and again, thank you for this great mod!

All markers corrected.

As general consideration, for the vehicles/units respawn:

- the playable units are treated by MP parameters, always in MP.   In SP, modules are fine for all units you want.

- I split the respawn things in 2 separate but complementary modules:

• AI can respawn: For any unit. You can even kill them inside a vehicle, they will respawn inside the vehicle if possible or in vicinity of the wreck.
  • Vehicle respawn: For any vehicle. And for evident reason, this module treats also the crew (+ waypoints..). In this case, the first module will not treat the units inside but...

The problem is that a crew can change during the game: transport load/unload as example. I need to refresh that before the vehicle is destroyed. I chose a 2sec. loop to avoid too consuming check on all vehicles. When you hit a vehicle, sometimes it doesn't blow at once... and some units can disembark, then be killed. These units are no more belonging to the crew when finally the vehicle is destroyed. Then, if present, the "AI can respawn" module will treat them, separately from vehicle.
I guess that's the reason why you can see sometime, a difference between AIs and vehicle respawn slot.

At this time, I don't have scripted something more to correct that.

You can probably dim down that, by commands like setUnloadInCombat and allowCrewInImmobile . I must admit, if your AIs belongs to Bros (using the heal & revive module), they will disembark as soon as the vehicle is severely hit.

• Like 2

Understood, thank you for the insights.

In this case, the system could simply spawn the default version of that vehicle, not the edited one. I mean, in the Editor you can change or edit the crew but for the respawn purpose the vehicle could come as the default hardcoded one, like set in the cfgVehicles. If the AI disembarks then leave it, no need to delete it or so, for he will die anyway.

Would that eliminate the necessity for looping scripts?

1 hour ago, quickdagger said:

Understood, thank you for the insights.

In this case, the system could simply spawn the default version of that vehicle, not the edited one. I mean, in the Editor you can change or edit the crew but for the respawn purpose the vehicle could come as the default hardcoded one, like set in the cfgVehicles. If the AI disembarks then leave it, no need to delete it or so, for he will die anyway.

Would that eliminate the necessity for looping scripts?

Sure...

To be an option more. I'll see that.

Edited: In fact, I omit to say the initial crew (edited, what ever units can be) is respawned if you choose the respawn position "at start".

In other words: respawning on the position at death will try to respawn the crew at death, respawning at start position will respawn the crew as edited/scripted.

Now, we can see what is the best in case of respawning on markers. (like as death for now).

5 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Perfect, and I understand the limitations you have with Arma.

Just incredible scripting, @pierremgi, really fine work. I can't thank you enough for this.

• Like 1

Hello Pierremgi

I'm a fan of your modules that provide valuable help for missions.

I have a problem with the vehicle parachute module.

I saw and understood your video serving as a tutorial.

I'm doing the same thing again, I see some mistakes and nothing is hanging on the parachute....

A little help would have come !

Thank you

erreur10.jpg

erreur11.jpg

shzoma10.jpg

Hello, when calling taxi the helo shuts engine off upon landing. Can helo be set to keep engine on and only shut off at starting position? Thanks.

6 hours ago, Nicholas Lendall said:

Hey bro can you tell me how to change the "turn lights on/off" addAction text? and Awesome mod bro!

You can't. It's a mod. What is the problem with that text?

Well.... I opened the Mod and changed turn lights On/Off to "Sabotage Power Grid" and "Restore Power" lol. I made 7 different locations with power stations/transformers and you can blow them up to knock a whole city's power out! I hope your cool with that.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:30 PM, Nicholas Lendall said:

Well.... I opened the Mod and changed turn lights On/Off to "Sabotage Power Grid" and "Restore Power" lol. I made 7 different locations with power stations/transformers and you can blow them up to knock a whole city's power out! I hope your cool with that.

There is a great deal of hours, for tuning these codes and I'm not fond of people copying/pasting somebody's work if not explicitly authorized.

As you can see, I'm sharing some scripts on this forum. That means you can copy/paste them.

I decided to make addons helping for writers. Some codes are not shared on forum, like this one. They are pboed in addon and anyone can open the code as you did. If you're modifying something for your own usage, it's fine but  your "new" addon is not signed anymore. If you intend to use it as your own product, it's not correct at all. In this case, I'll be not "cool" with that, as anybody.

So, the good usage, for sharing or distributing something at your turn, when you're not the author, is to ask before and credit if OK.

• Like 2

What are you talking about? Im not making a "New" addon and saying im the creator or anything of that nature. I just changed your setting so it would fit with my mission style. Sorry i dident mean to piss you off or anything. Figured you would think its cool to be able to expand on what YOU created. I mean are you cool with me changing the files addAction and using it in my mission that only I play on? 

So there is no need to be rude. I can't guess what you intend to do, or other ones, and I'm cool up to limits I'd rather recall for readers. So, I think you have the answer at your question.

• Like 1

Hi Pierre

Couple of questions regarding the Switch Ambient lights module please?

1. Can I add any editable item as a generator, or does it have to be in the existing object classes as listed by default in the module? I'm trying to add this object as a generator (contact DLC object):

Land_TransferSwitch_01_F

2. Looking at your video, it looks like the module has to be synchronised to the generator for it to work?

3. Can I have multiple modules (like separate map zones) attached to 1 generator object?

Last note: Not sure if a bug, but if a default settings module is placed it identifies two generator objects baked into a map I'm working on. However, if I write in the above custom classname to the list, those generators disappear. Is this normal?

No, right now, the editable object(s) must be a "house" .

The "Land_TransferSwitch_01_F" is not a house but a building. I'll add this family in the module.

Yes, you just have to connect (link) this "house" to the module, no matter how far it is.

I can modify this module to make it available for "car" or other linked things but it's weird, imho.

Yes, for sure you can have multiple links on one module, and multiples modules for several areas.

Note: not a bug, the module detects by default "Land_PowerGenerator_F", "Land_wpp_Turbine_V2_F","Land_dp_transformer_F", "Land_spp_Transformer_F" classes within 1000 m of it. You can change this radius or these classes (must be houses).

Added note: At this time, there is no refresh for the 3den red markers "generator" (reminder: you can keep them while in game, it's an option).

So, at this time, if you want to rub out these red markers "generator", after changing the parameters or deleting a module, you need to preview and back to editor. Anyway, that's just remaining 3den markers, not working/marked generators in game. I'll correct that soon in an updated version of this addon.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, pierremgi said:

The "Land_TransferSwitch_01_F" is not a house but a building. I'll add this family in the module.

Thanks for considering adding the new family. Will look forward to an update, as Land_TransferSwitch_01_F seems to fit the idea of a switch quite well.

Great Mod @pierremgi! I'm creating a mission using RHSSAF as east and have set up the trigger areas with the troops I want to spawn, but I'm getting an error "Faction and Type don't match (1) & (2)". I'm using Ukrainian troops from Project Opfor as west. Any ideas? Thank you for all your hard work on these outstanding mods!

This is the code in the on activation of trigger:

0 = [thistrigger,["rhs_faction_msv"],["infantry","mechanized","armored","motorized"]] spawn MGI_fnc_spwnUnits

As written in the doc (front page spoiler for Advanced patrols (new name of the module) )

Spoiler

On activation code is spawning an home-made function with 3 parameters:
first array is for the faction(s) you allow to spawn. They must be present in the cfgGroups (see config viewer from 3den). CfgGroups is divided by side, then clicking on a side you will find the faction names like "OPF_F" (don't forget the quote ""). If you are not sure of your factions, copy/paste their names in config viewer.

Important: You can use the default choice (for vanilla Arma), or write [""]. This will be the same as ["infantry"]. Or even write []. The empty array means you don't need any factions but you have to link an edited group instead. If you link some edited, customized groups with the trigger (not the module!), you inform the trigger that you want to spawn one or more of these groups, no matter the composition and the side in editor. These linked groups will be not present at start, just spawned by trigger.
First array accepts also the names of existing groups. The code will find it. However, the faction names allow to randomize the groups for a better suspense.

Back to the config viewer for the factions (first array), you can clicking on faction, you will see the type of groups like "infantry" or "mechanized" or "specOps". This is the object of the second array. You can write inside[], all the existing types you want. In fact, the existing types will be compared to your array as a secure check. Keep on mind that mods (like RHS) have very specific names for factions,types of groups and groups. So, here also, a glance at config viewer will prevent some fail to spawn non-existing types of groups. Of course, if you wrote straight some group names instead of faction, the 2nd array check is useless.

So, if you didn't link any group and you fail to define any faction/group (+ type of group for faction), nothing will spawn. In this case the area is yours.

RHS don't use standard group types like: "infantry", "mechanized", "armored", "motorized" , which are useful to limit the randomization of the spawned groups.

Anyway, there is an easy workaround. Go to the config viewer and cfgGroups. At least, the EAST WEST... side filter exists (Thanks RHS!)

Then you can find your factions. "rhs_faction_msv" is a workable one (at EAST but you can spawn at WEST if your area is WEST)

Now, have a look at the sub-factions, what I'm calling "group types". You can't find "infantry" as for OPF_F, but "rhs_group_rus_msv_infantry"

So....

0 = [thistrigger,["rhs_faction_msv"],["rhs_group_rus_msv_infantry"]] spawn MGI_fnc_spwnUnits

will work.

You can add any existing RHS factions (1st array) and group types (2nd array), but be sure there is at least one working couple of them.

Have fun!