As the title says, im having a problem, and i have not the faintest idea on what.

Im a mission creator for my group. Im experiencing that in missions i've made with player slots that has custom loadout i've made through the virtual arsenal in the eden editor, end up being naked when they spawn into the game. It was not always like this, but suddenly a few weeks back - it started. No idea why. This is really annoying, and somewhat game breaking for my missions at the current time - so if anyone has an idea on whats going on here, please help! Its somewhat urgent timewise - we're playing a mission this saturday, and if I dont have a fix till then i'll have to make some really unconvenient workarounds. 

This is the modlist we're using (steam collection):

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1627983524

4 hours ago, Ulfgaar said:

im having a problem

Hello there Ulfgaar  !

You have already 2 topics open with the same subject:

Did you test the mission that you play without mods ?

Did you test your mods in another mission ?

# I think i saw @pierremgi replying to a similar topic of yours.

Hello!

Yes, I had problems figuring out where this should be placed - and i didnt see where to delete my old threads, and since this is a problem with a deadline i was getting bit "panicy". Sorry for that. 

Well, the mission itself i dont believe is the problem - and trying the mission without the mods wont help much, as the gear i've added are from mods. Thing is, its not just single items not being there - its that im completely stripped of ALL items. No map, clock, compass even. Completely stripped. 

This is a headache, as in the mission im making i want the players to deal with the challenges in the mission with a preset loadout they will use. I've made the loadout in Virtual Arsenal - which is a mechanic of the core game, and its been working fine like this for years. However, like a small month ago, suddenly we started spawning into the games naked. Even the older standard maps (base maps) where everything has been working for a long time, suddenly we started showing up naked. 

I have no idea whats going on.

If @pierremgi has a solution for this, i'll be over the moon 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Ulfgaar said:

I have no idea whats going on.

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Did you test your mods in another mission ?

20 minutes ago, Ulfgaar said:

Even the older standard maps (base maps) where everything has been working for a long time, suddenly we started showing up naked. 

I had this once semi-recently with no obvious cause. By way of a workaround (i.e. quick fix), i returned a player's primary weapon and if it returned an empty string, I'd run the gear script again. Buggered if i knew why it happened though. 

• Like 2

I duno the scenario and the scripts for your mission, but try to manage your loadout at a different moment before start. You have plenty of addons, resource demanding but also preemptive for many modded items (specific kits...) So, you should try to delay your loadout at bit and test to run it just before start.

• Like 1

Im not using a script for giving the equipment, i've in the editor customized each roles gear through the loadout options when right clicking them (aka virtual arsenal). 

No idea how to "delay" that tbh. 

27 minutes ago, Ulfgaar said:

Im not using a script

It might be a mod modifing your loadouts.

As i told you , did you tried to create a test mission with your mods in order to check it ?

Is there a problem with other missions ?

Because since there was no problem with the missions so far , then it should be this from a script ( included in a Mod ).

Do you have also a save system with databases etc ,  that might be the problem ?

1 hour ago, Ulfgaar said:

Im not using a script for giving the equipment, i've in the editor customized each roles gear through the loadout options when right clicking them (aka virtual arsenal). 

No idea how to "delay" that tbh. 

So, your loadout initialization competes with other initializations especially postInit ones, if they mods the unit items.

You could try to run the getUnitLoadout  on initPlayerLocal.sqf to be sure you run it when player is defined and ready.

Do you respawn at start? I never use that. Could be a problem also.

Im using two respawn scripts for retaining and reapplying gear upon player death.

onPlayerKilled.sqf

player setVariable["Saved_Loadout",getUnitLoadout player];

and

onPlayerRespawn.sqf

removeAllWeapons player;
removeGoggles player;
removeHeadgear player;
removeVest player;
removeUniform player;
removeAllAssignedItems player;
clearAllItemsFromBackpack player;
removeBackpack player;
player setUnitLoadout(player getVariable["Saved_Loadout",[]]);

Removing these files seemingly solved the problem - and i've gone back to using the inbuilt script by ACE3 that does the same. 

Im no scriptwizz, and these are only something i've downloaded from the interwebz and used in my vanilla workshop missions for steam (as the vanilla game does not have this ability - for what i know at least). I've added them to the clan missions of late - but i have no idea why they are causing this tho. 

On all missions i usually use the

respawnOnStart = 0;

in the description.ext file, where players should not be respawning into the game - and as such, the script should not activate as they were. But i dont know for sure. 

Guess i can change it to

respawnOnStart = -1;

instead and see if that helps.

Removing the scripts did solve the issue however.

1 hour ago, Ulfgaar said:

scripts

Check here about saving loading loadout :