Cato Et Dominor

Peripherals not seen

After a short break I decided to start playing Arma again, however when I try to use my peripherals the game does not list them. I have a t1600M hotas setup (Joystick and throttle two separate usb cables) and some ch pro flight rudder pedals, I also have a track IR headset that I want to mention works perfectly and is always recognized and works when I launch the game unlike the other three. My profile still has the key binds set in the controls menu with all the correct labels of the peripheral it was bound to but no matter if I am in the settings trying to change a bind or in game the buttons don't do anything. I decided to try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game last night but maybe due to me having units the account still had all of the peripheral key binds when I reinstalled the game which could be why the fresh install didn't work. I have also tried launching steam as an admin and setting every .exe in the Arma directly as run as administrator and this didn't help, neither did setting the Arma directory as not read only. In the past I have been able to unplug the peripherals and plug them back in and have them work even over extended periods of time of not playing the game. Any ideas?

I just didn't read your blob of text as it was too straining on my eyes. Paragraphs help alot. If it's too hard for people to read what your problem is, then they will probably just walk along.

So the key binds are set, but they don't work? And you cannot change them with the buttons on the peripherals? Are you running Arma without mods?

Do they work in other games?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dedmen said:

I just didn't read your blob of text as it was too straining on my eyes. Paragraphs help alot. If it's too hard for people to read what your problem is, then they will probably just walk along.

So the key binds are set, but they don't work? And you cannot change them with the buttons on the peripherals? Are you running Arma without mods?

Do they work in other games?

Yes the binds are set, in the different sections of controls it still has all my binds with the correct peripheral name, (joystick, throttle, pedals, etc). But if I push any button on either of those three in game nothing happens and regardless they do not appear in the customizable controllers tab, only my Track IR does. My joystick still lights up though when I use it or push a button in game, and they're all recognized by windows and I can view them all and calibrate them no problem.

No as I said they do not appear in the customizable controller tab, they are not recognized by the game at all, cant change the buttons. Usually I use mods but they are mostly visual mods away, Blastcore, enhanced soundscape, etc, but this problem persists with or without mods. 

They work perfectly fine in every other game and again windows can see them and interact with them its just Arma.

In the game Options got to Controls(*) section and then controllers. (*Can't remember the menu names)

Click on 'Refresh'

If they still don't show up then I don't know.

8 minutes ago, EDcase said:

In the game Options got to Controls(*) section and then controllers. (*Can't remember the menu names)

Click on 'Refresh'

If they still don't show up then I don't know.

Thank you ED but I have pushed refresh 10,153 times, every time I try a different fix I push it and nothing.

Ah, that's not good then.

Sorry I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Perhaps search for newer drivers for your peripherals?

4 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Ah, that's not good then.

Sorry I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Perhaps search for newer drivers for your peripherals?

I tried that as well and unfortunately can't find any, the pedals and t16 hotas are several years old now they aren't really releasing new drivers for them it seems. 

No one else has any other suggestions? Its rather disheartening to see the most help I get from the official forums is someone suggesting I try hitting the refresh button. This is a legitimate problem and not just one I'm having, I love Arma I've put so many hours in this game but this makes me want to put it down and never play again.

I spent a lot of money to have a more immersive experience flying and now I dont want to play the game at all because going back to just a keyboard and mouse sucks when you are surrounded by over $300 in peripherals you know should work with the game, but the game just refuses to see them. I understand maybe most of you on the forums are just fans as well but to anyone who works with Bohemia you are very close to losing a devoted loyal fan who has been invested in this game with my time and money for years.

I'll work with anyone answer any questions go get it working again its just been almost a week and I've only had one person even try to help me.

Obvious suggestion: have you checked that your peripherals work fine in other games?

Tried plugging them in to a different port? Had the same problem with my X56 HOTAS on DCS and a port change fixed it. 

3 hours ago, domokun said:

Obvious suggestion: have you checked that your peripherals work fine in other games?

Yes, they work on War Thunder and DCS

2 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Tried plugging them in to a different port? Had the same problem with my X56 HOTAS on DCS and a port change fixed it. 

Yes I have tried that, but I mean I guess its plausible I haven't gotten the right combination yet, its three cords and I have 10 usb ports to choose from. I can guarantee though all my USB ports work.

I've tried a few other fixes since my last post including updating controller management software and deleting the settings for joysticks from my profile file and nothing has gotten it to work still.

1 hour ago, Cato Et Dominor said:

I can guarantee though all my USB ports work.

The port that I had to remove my X56 from is now being used to plug my headset in and it works fine. So yeah, maybe some magical combination will work.

16 hours ago, beno_83au said:

The port that I had to remove my X56 from is now being used to plug my headset in and it works fine. So yeah, maybe some magical combination will work.

It would be strange though, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and deleted all cached info it had about the peripherals so why would it be looking for them from a certain port? Is that really how the game is designed, because it should just scan all the ports every time it launches not look for them on the same exact ports from months ago after a fresh install and everything else I've tried.

6 hours ago, Cato Et Dominor said:

so why would it be looking for them from a certain port?

In my case i just figured it was an issue with the port or the motherboard, no idea though. I never really looked into it and was happy enough that everything was working.