Sign in to follow this  
frozenice94

Some problems with roads

Hello community!

I created roads with polylines. After export and testing the roads have gaps.

How can i fix this?

I tried to change height etc..

Same problem with runways.. but they are objects.

Thanks!

BugRoads.jpg

What's your map samplers look like? cell size, texture layers etc

• Like 1

oh i found the problem....  I increased Texture layer size from 10x10 to 40x40 Than all works finde. Thanks! 🙂

Terrain.jpg

(The old values)

• Like 1

This a test map or going to be a proper map?

If its a proper one, you would be better using

Grid: 4096

Cell: 2.5 ( You don't want to be using a cell of 10, its horrible to work with)

Sat: Bump that up to 1m/px so same as your terrain size 10240. Your map will look better for it.

Surface Mask Tiles: Use 512 x 512 with 16 overlap. It will give you more freedom with your surfaces

Texture layer: Keep that the same as your new setting 40 x 40. Rule of thumb is always keep it as close to 40 as you can

• Like 2

On 3/12/2019 at 4:42 PM, RoF said:

You don't want to be using a cell of 10, its horrible to work with

@RoF What do you mean by this?

I am working on two 80km terrains = grid 8192 / cell 10
Surface Mask Tiles: 1024x1024
Texture Layer 80x80

Any recommendations for me? thanks

14 hours ago, LoRo said:

@RoF What do you mean by this?

I am working on two 80km terrains = grid 8192 / cell 10
Surface Mask Tiles: 1024x1024
Texture Layer 80x80

Any recommendations for me? thanks

10 Cell means you can only adjust the terrain every 10 meters. So you won't be able to have small trenches and other small terrain details which is good for when playing on foot. This becomes a real pain if your towns are on a slight hill, as you try and keep roads smooth, you end up having to adjust houses etc near it.

It also means objects appear to float at a distance. If you play Altis and look up the hills at a distance you will see rocks and even buildings that are floating in the air, this is in part due to the cell size (7.5 for Altis, Tanoa is 3.75)

As you are using 8192 grid, you will run into a lot of issues as its very buggy.

Your project will most likely corrupt after a while. Backup before doing any changes!

Also doing terrain changes may trigger the "heightmap too noisy" bug, where bulldozer will never load and map won't pack in pboproject. You will have to go over what you have done in L3DT and try and smooth it until it works or restore a backup and try again.

Terrain Builder will also crash a lot more.

Basic rule of 8k grid is, try and avoid using TB. Do heightmap editing with other programs and hope it works when you rebuild terrain. Do object placement in game

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoF said:

10 Cell means you can only adjust the terrain every 10 meters. So you won't be able to have small trenches and other small terrain details which is good for when playing on foot. This becomes a real pain if your towns are on a slight hill, as you try and keep roads smooth, you end up having to adjust houses etc near it.

It also means objects appear to float at a distance. If you play Altis and look up the hills at a distance you will see rocks and even buildings that are floating in the air, this is in part due to the cell size (7.5 for Altis, Tanoa is 3.75)

As you are using 8192 grid, you will run into a lot of issues as its very buggy.

Your project will most likely corrupt after a while. Backup before doing any changes!

Also doing terrain changes may trigger the "heightmap too noisy" bug, where bulldozer will never load and map won't pack in pboproject. You will have to go over what you have done in L3DT and try and smooth it until it works or restore a backup and try again.

Terrain Builder will also crash a lot more.

Basic rule of 8k grid is, try and avoid using TB. Do heightmap editing with other programs and hope it works when you rebuild terrain. Do object placement in game

Thanks for the detailed explanation, now I have a broader notion of the configuration of the terrain, I thought to change the darkness of the satellite so probably take the opportunity to modify some parameters, then change the texture layer to 40x40? And reducing the mask mask to 512 would generate twice as many files (which are already many), does it bring some improvement in the HD floor resolution?

As for the height map I just have to modify the coastline and flatten some surfaces. I thought to use smaller mapframes to modify the surface and place objects, this last better to do it xcam?

sorry again for distorting the original post...