waidmann

Differ smoke colours in the see-through-effect against AI?

Hello,

I heard now several times the rumour that only white smoke gives a cover-effect compared to AI. Is this reality? Because when I look through thermal-googles or something like that, smoke, whatever colour it is, covers the visual field? For coop-games I want to use yellow smoke or some another coloured, to show friendly troops and my comrades that this is not enemy-smoke, that is working on battlefield, but I heard now so often that only the white smoke should work for cover against AI and now I want to know, if its only a fictional story or if this is true. Does anyone know it or has a proof?

Thx, Waidmann

Not with vanilla smokes, if you have any mods running, that's a different story.  On the gamemode I play most (I&A) I only ever carry blue smokes. 

Do I understand you right? Smoke from vanilla, equal to its colour, gives you cover against AI-soldiers. Do you have a video please, where this is shown, because I have so much discussions about this effect on the server I played often?

Euh, I doubt I have any video specifically about that.  I'll see if I can make one during the second half of next week, kinda busy with exams atm. 

21 hours ago, waidmann said:

Do I understand you right? Smoke from vanilla, equal to its colour, gives you cover against AI-soldiers. Do you have a video please, where this is shown, because I have so much discussions about this effect on the server I played often?

Just try it out. Go to Zeus, place any smoke grenade you want and an AI unit on either side. Make them enemies to one another and see what happens.

I did that a few times when the whole AI spotting mechanics were updated and it seemed to be the same for all colours of the smoke.