yiXFdMzl.png
Version 1.03
Last Update and Release:  19.06.2019

Link to the SteamWorkshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835257174

After nearly 2 years of creation, frustration internatl tests and changes i would like to present my little map to the public.

Wx2ELP6m.jpgIlXFN89m.jpg

Spoiler

The first playtests are over and i got the first feedback and bugreports from players. Thanks for your reports!

So its time for another update to add some missing stuff and do some more finetuning. These are the relevant changes:

• Some barren villages have been extended and edited (Binz, Kluis, Patzig, Breege etc.)
  • Many whide and empty, flat field where improved with bushes and trenches to give more options for infantry
  • Reworked the streets that are displayed on the satmap (no more greenish tint, better to be seen from air, still needs more improvement)
  • Finetuning on the lighting-configs (night should not be as dark anymore at full moon, stronger shadows on some days)
  • many many bugfixes like flying or coliding objects
  • Removed the offline-map from the mod (as it was additional 400Mb), it can still be found here for better planing and tactics: Downloadable ingame map including relevant city names

Update from 05.05.2019:

Spoiler

- Random Gamecrash in Editor and ingame should be fixed by now
- completely repacked the map and the textures
- new normalmap for the map (mixed up the colours before...)
- config was completely reworked and newly created (something in there was the cause for the crashes)
- d41_ruegen_scorched  removed at the moment, it will come back later when i am sure that the mainmap is working)
- put the mappicture from ruegen into this mod. It can be found in the "/map"-folder within the modfiles (PDF and PNG)

-> If any crashes or errors are still appearing please report them to me in my discord!

Update from 21.05.2019:

Spoiler

- Mapversion "D41_Ruegen_Scorched" readded to the mod.
- Now both versions should work again
- Removed DS_Houses mod as requirement, as this is optional but suggested (to make those A2 houses enterable)
-> Have a look here if you want to use it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835257174

The "Scorched" version of the map includes additional about 6000 objects. Mainly wrecks, debris, campsides etc. to make the world look a little bit more barren and well... scorched. This our own prefered version for mods like Exile and other Survival-styles.

The orginal location and inspiration for this mod:
Rügen is Germany's largest island by area. It is located off the Pomeranian coast in the Baltic Sea and belongs to the state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. It is a very popular tourist destination because of its resort architecture, the diverse landscape, its long sandy beaches and the famous chalk cliffs.
The island has a long diverse history and was a point of interest during World War II and after for different military projects and camps like Prora or a planned seaport for submarines.

The mod-version:
As this mod-island is only about 1/15 of its orginal size it sees many differences and adaptions. The original map is only taken as inspiration regarding locations and shape. D41_Ruegen is placed in the near future and set up as a location for prissoners to resocialize them (thats the reason for the huge walls on the borders).
The intention was to create a diverser european map that offers lots of choke points for conflicts, many cities and locations that might be interessted for  mission making, life-projects or survival situations. And i tried to make this map also usable for boats by offering many passways and shortcuts.
Many other maps where either too big, too empty or too easy to cross offroads. This is why i tried to create a new mixture with a focus on infantry combat and the intention to make a relatively small map, that still feels big as you cant cross it in a straight direction.
The areas vary from more civilised and rural locations on the south western part, to tourist locations on the eastern side to destroyed and barren locations in the northern regions. Some fights have been going on there (its up to you if this was because of zombies, rebelling prissoners or whatever). For even more rubble and wrecks check out the "Scorched" Version, also included in this mod.

Facts about the map:

• Mapsize: 16.384m x 16.384m
  • Gridsize: 4096 cells
  • Cellsize: 4m
  • SatMask: 16.384x16.384
  • Object-Counter: 542.018
  • Original size: about 65km x 65km
  • Creation time: nearly 2 years (first creations began in january 2017)

Relevant classnames:

• Vanilla Map: d41_ruegen
  • Scorched Version: d41_ruegen_scorched

Special features of this map:

• 3 airports/fields
  • many passways for boats between the islands (might be even faster then going by car)
  • tide-system with changes of the waterlevel up to 3m (lowest water at noon, highest at midnight), offering and closing some passages for cars and boats depending on the time
  • some hidden locations and caves
  • some military and rebell outposts (Polizeikaserne Parow, military airport in the north) throughout the map
  • 2 castle ruins
  • 1 prisson island with underground levels (might be good for roleplay, but AI has problems with that part)
  • 1 highway crossing nearly the whole island for a fast travel but with reduced possiblity to get offroad
  • crowded forests filled with bushes etc. to improve life and hiding of infantry
  • Second Version of the island "Scorched" included in these files containing lots of additional wrecks etc. mainly for survival missions like exile etc.

Screenshots from the map (and all the progress from the beginning on...):
till 27.04.18: https://imgur.com/a/nWqjt

from 27.04.2018 on: https://imgur.com/a/B0Myw3i

These preview videos were created by MultiSasch. Thanks for those nice videos!  This is the link to his youtube-channel (german): MultiSasch - Arma 3 Gameplays & more

Known Issues:

• REPORT ALL BUGS HERE: Dead Men Walking / D41-Discord
  • Pond objects may have LOD issue at distance
  • AI will have problems entering and crossing some bridges
  • Some very small areas (like "Reinberg" in the south) are still WIP and will be finished or adjusted later

Usefull stuff:  Downloadable ingame map including relevant city names

LEGAL NOTICE! READ THIS!
THIS ADDON IS RELEASED UNDER THE ARMA-LICENSE: APL-SA
o0KKQV1.png
You should not upload and mirror this anywhere without permission (This is also relevant for you @armaholic and @moddb!).

Additional Info:
This item is not authorized for posting on Steam, except for the original IP-Owner Cosmo.
This means: You are NOT allowed to upload, reupload or whatever it to the Steam-Workshop! (Just read the steam licenses 6D)
Do yourself a favor and create a Steam Workshop Collection, it makes yours (and all other lives) much easier.

Special Thanks:

• Silola - The X-CAM object placement tool. Without this tool, it would have taken more than "just" two years.
  • Zgmrvn - Surface Painter
  • A3-Terrain Builder Discord - Answering questions, providing knowledge and advice, without them this terrain would not have been completed.
  • PMC Editing Wiki for all those great guides around terrain creation
  • CUP-Team for its great core mod, that helped to bring back maps in european areas
  • HAG Objects from WA Lancer for his open sourcefiles for plants and citysigns
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Very nice and congratulations for the release Cosmo_D41 !

It's highly detailed as i see !  :thumbs-up:

• Thanks 1

I hope so, as i like infantry combat myself and you need detailed landscape for that. All of those objects (including forests) where handplaced with brushes etc.
Hope this offers some new missions options, survivial settings etc. for you guys.

• Like 1

Usually I go on vacation there, now I drive around with a tank on the island. 🤗

Good work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update from 05.05.2019:

- Random Gamecrash in Editor and ingame should be fixed by now
- completely repacked the map and the textures
- new normalmap for the map (mixed up the colours before...)
- config was completely reworked and newly created (something in there was the cause for the crashes)
- d41_ruegen_scorched  removed at the moment, it will come back later when i am sure that the mainmap is working)
- put the mappicture from ruegen into this mod. It can be found in the "/map"-folder within the modfiles (PDF and PNG)

-> If any crashes or errors are still appearing please report them to me in my discord!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Update from 21.05.2019:
Get it here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835257174

- Mapversion "D41_Ruegen_Scorched" readded to the mod.
- Now both versions should work again
- Removed DS_Houses mod as requirement, as this is optional but suggested (to make those A2 houses enterable)
-> Have a look here if you want to use it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835257174

And dont forget to take a look at the offline-map for better planing and tactics: Downloadable ingame map including relevant city names

The "Scorched" version of the map includes additional about 6000 objects. Mainly wrecks, debris, campsides etc. to make the world look a little bit more barren and well... scorched. This our own prefered version for mods like Exile and other Survival-styles.

FzUKrBMl.jpg eq23Fagl.jpgsgTwp46l.jpgvNKzdfil.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Update from 17.06.2019, Version 1.03:
Get it here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835257174

The first playtests are over and i got the first feedback and bugreports from players. Thanks for your reports!

So its time for another update to add some missing stuff and do some more finetuning. These are the relevant changes:

• Some barren villages have been extended and edited (Binz, Kluis, Patzig, Breege etc.)
  • Many whide and empty, flat field where improved with bushes and trenches to give more options for infantry
  • Reworked the streets that are displayed on the satmap (no more greenish tint, better to be seen from air, still needs more improvement)
  • Finetuning on the lighting-configs (night should not be as dark anymore at full moon, stronger shadows on some days)
  • many many bugfixes like flying or coliding objects
  • Removed the offline-map from the mod (as it was additional 400Mb), it can still be found here for better planing and tactics: Downloadable ingame map including relevant city names

Here are the comparissions between Version 1.02 and 1.03 for the villages:

pScD17Pl.jpgjlt1Xdxl.jpg

ZOMSlvil.jpgJPj55ecl.jpg
7YAM82Ol.jpgQRmGenNl.jpg

7SNYIKSl.jpgUVWVrt6l.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2