Hiho, it sounds like you might be missing the CUO Terrain - Core mod, van you check that? 

Lots of these messages spamming when I start a mission:

23:14:04 Error in expression <t];

private _lootarray = selectrandom [VD_MagazinesArray,VD_EquipmentFlashlight>
23:14:04   Error position: <VD_MagazinesArray,VD_EquipmentFlashlight>
23:14:04   Error Undefined variable in expression: vd_magazinesarray
23:14:04 File C:\blahblahblah\Arma 3\missions\VABB_Dev1104.Altis\VABB\VD_Basebuilding\Functions\MaterialSpawner\VABB_CivGearSpn.sqf, line 15

Ah yeah a gearspawner is included, i need to remove that

Hi all, 

I have decided to reboot this mod project:

- I have acquired some knowledge since I worked on this project  last and beliefe that I can come up with better coding/design solutions

- i will replace the virtual materials with actual inventory items and 3d models

- also I lost a big portion of recent work because of... well, being stupid... And i do not want to redo the work based on the old code. 

The mod will eventually be integrated into the VA mod but for now I will use this topic for the development of the feature. 

Here is the result of a first brainstorming session:

- building action menu: addactions/holdactions that are only available when needed to keep the addaction menu as clear as possible (e.g. no weapon equipped, not running, maybe at designated base building site (flagpole like exile)

For now I do not plan to create an UI to base the building menue on, but that might change. At the momenty i simply lack the knowledge on how to create interactive UI menues. 

- building action menu activation trigger: loop with condition checks or EH (equip hammer or open inventory) or addaction at workbench/ base flag

- placement: use old mods' placement and rotation system but change from AddAction to holdAction placement actions. Disable ability to move/rotate building object at first holdAction progress tick for more exact placement

- Where can be built: free build vs. build at area around base/designated base building area (maybe restrict to one per player, restrict build area size with option to extend?) - > see exile

- materials: create inv items based on official Arma assets with no/minimal mass so it’s possible to gather in inventory, maybe investigate into getting free blender assets or create blender assets for new models - > realism vs. fun to use the feature

- material storage: option to take e.g. 50 item units of "wooden boards" and place it as a pile of wooden boards objects in the game for storage (better immersion than a crate).

- Storage facility: build weather shelters (roofs,..?) that unlock the ability to persistently store materials (may be stolen in PvP?)

- blueprints: inventory items that need to be looted/bought and "learned" -> must be connected to persistency system! (Grad persistency Variables saving works now?)

- tools: create inventory items (hammer, saw, screwdriver, axe, pickaxe, shovel,...)

- tools 2: possible requirements to have objects such as workbenches, scaffoldings, blowtorch,... placed (crafted) nearby for certain blueprints

- Building process: define building area for specific object, place correct amount of materials (inventory items) in building area. (dayzSA style)

- persistency: test GRAD persistency, check if custom variables saving works now, alternatively, check IniDatabase 2

- AI navigation mesh issue (AI may walk through walls that are placed during mission runtime: AFAIK Nav Mesh cannot be altered post initialization. Alternatively, assign loops to at Base center (e.g. at flag) that checks for AI and manipulates waypoints around certain radius of base (blacklist area).

These are just my notes but I figured maybe some of you have ideas that help, hence I wanted to share. 

I am going to update the original post accordingly soon. 

Cheers 

VD

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

has this been worked on since VD put it on hold. I as well would love use it in my survival mission i'm working on. is it going to be updated at all for 2020 ?. 

@Vandeanson have you worked on this at all since it was put on hold ?. and also is it on the steam workshop ?.

Thanks for making such an awesome mod.

Mike.

On 5/15/2020 at 1:39 AM, OfficialMikeJTv45 said:

has this been worked on since VD put it on hold. I as well would love use it in my survival mission i'm working on. is it going to be updated at all for 2020 ?. 

@Vandeanson have you worked on this at all since it was put on hold ?. and also is it on the steam workshop ?.

Thanks for making such an awesome mod.

Mike.

hi mate,

there is a basebuilding WIP feature integrated in the steam version.

It allows you to add your custom objects that can be built but atm it has no material cost. so its free basebuilding=)

I think the default key is "T".. if i recall correctly

cheers

vd