Sign in to follow this  
greywulf58

Missions and and downloading them from Steam???

I am not sure that this is the correct forum section to post this topic in, but I am posting it here nonetheless. I am sure if it isn't the correct forum section that someone will put it where it belongs. So here goes.

I purchased ArmA 3 on Friday. I've got it installed, configured it to work on my computer (I'm getting between 56 and 60 FPS on this system) and I've played some of the challenges and started one of the vanilla ArmA 3 campaigns. Not quite a veteran player yet (lots of blood and guts, MINE), but I'm getting there. I must say that ArmA 3 is probably the most intense of all the ArmA titles I've played so far. Okay, enough of the accolades and to the subject of this topic.

I've been downloading both mods and single-player missions from Steam since Friday evening. The mods I've downloaded are downloading/installing fine, but the missions that I've downloaded can't be found anywhere on my system (at least I can't find them). I posted a similar topic to the Steam/Amra 3/Discussion/Missions and Campaigns section and got this reply. "If you mean missions you download through joining they are most likely in your:...\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache" Now I am not what you would call a computer expert but I do know how to find items I've downloaded to my system(s) over the years. If I can't resolve this issue, I will just do it the old school way and download the missions I want from Armaholic to a download directory and then unzip them to the Steam/Steamapp/Common/Arma 3/Missions directory. In ways, Steam seems to be a very good way to play games  but in other ways it needs to have a bit more detailed set of user instructions, especially when it comes to complicated simulations like ArmA 3.

Again, I apologize to the moderators if this is the incorrect forum section for this topic. I just need some help and the members of the forums are some of the best people to teach me and others. We appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chris.

I figured out what was wrong. When the Steam "PLAY SCREEN" appears, I did not know you had to choose the "No Team" in order to play the sim by yourself. So I chose "No Team" and viola, all the single player games I've downloaded now appear. You could write a huge novel about how to play this simulation and how to use the Steam functions associated with it. So, no need for help......at least for the time being.😎