Jester504

[WIP] Embraer A-29 Super Tucano

Those armored side walls are making the craft freakingly sexy! I can't just resist this plane lol. I'd choose this over at-6 anyday if I were to make a decision for USAF laar, just for these sexy side walls alone, and of cuz integrated machinegun! 

I'd let this plane fly straight up my a**! Very sexual indeed if I may say

I had to log in just to say how beautiful this is and I want to fly it around all ARMA maps!

• Haha 1

Don't expect too much, as it was said already.. OP hasn't even logged in anymore since the thread was created.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

FYI on his YT Teaser Jester commented 2 days ago:

That's because I haven't been able to work on it for a while. It's still a thing, just delayed (classic!)

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't updated y'all and let this thread meander off. I don't frequent these forums very much and am more active on Discord and Youtube. So, let me give a real update:

When I posted this thread & video, RHS contacted me with an interest in including the Super Tucano in GREF. I was initially reluctant to give up total control, but my real-life work got much busier all of a sudden and I no longer had time to invest in the Super Tucano project. After some thought, I decided to merge with RHS. I'm very happy I made that decision - not only so that it, you know, actually gets finished, but because RHS is able to contribute some things I would never have been able to do on my own.

The plane is indeed near-finished. It will be under the Horizon Islands Defense Forces. In fact, you can check out the progress on the GREF dev branch right now 😉

Here's a taste: the plane now has very detailed (and switchable) MFDs:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/252012370585452544/625910181968216064/20190923231758_1.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/468879945293234177/625963435599069204/Capture.PNG
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/468879945293234177/625964945493721099/Capture.PNG
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/468879945293234177/625963254908452892/Capture.PNG

• Like 20

Oh well. Bit of a shame, because I don't want to download the whole RHS package. Screenshots are nice tho.

• Like 3

crap... one less mod that the community could enjoy standalone without any problems.

• Like 2

to develop a bit on the subject. @Jester504 is still the original author of the Super Tucano project. 

If he wants to have a separate stand-alone release (independent from rhs one) that is 100% up to him. 

But some (to be read most) of the configs, animations etc are dependent on rhs configs/functions/scripts. So some substantial changes would be required to do so, not sure if he has the time for it, all things considered.

• Like 3

Colour me super excited. Tucano is a perfect addition to Arma3. Getting it released within the RHS support milieu is all the better. :) 

-k 

• Like 4

On 9/25/2019 at 12:52 AM, Jester504 said:

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't updated y'all and let this thread meander off. I don't frequent these forums very much and am more active on Discord and Youtube. So, let me give a real update:

When I posted this thread & video, RHS contacted me with an interest in including the Super Tucano in GREF. I was initially reluctant to give up total control, but my real-life work got much busier all of a sudden and I no longer had time to invest in the Super Tucano project. After some thought, I decided to merge with RHS. I'm very happy I made that decision - not only so that it, you know, actually gets finished, but because RHS is able to contribute some things I would never have been able to do on my own.

The plane is indeed near-finished. It will be under the Horizon Islands Defense Forces. In fact, you can check out the progress on the GREF dev branch right now 😉

Here's a taste: the plane now has very detailed (and switchable) MFDs:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/252012370585452544/625910181968216064/20190923231758_1.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/468879945293234177/625963435599069204/Capture.PNG
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/468879945293234177/625964945493721099/Capture.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/468879945293234177/625963254908452892/Capture.PNG

Thank you very much for make that decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmh.., I'm sorry i forget about the players who doesn't want to have RHS for whatever reason 😞

I just very excited as soon as i heard the news as a long time RHS user myself, so i can't resist to write down a thank to the author. Yes, some may be feel bad, completely understandable. Sorry

Anyway I just happy to see the mod is back on track. I think without the merging, the mod will still be in the state of halt like it has been for years, i guess because of the reasonably understandable importance of real-life stuffs for the author Jester ( family, job, social circle, etc...). Just thanks all the people who contribute in making the mod in the development again.

In very near future, we'll have both of the top LAAR finalists, this and AT-6*, and both seem like back in developing status again, and similar in which both have been in halt for years. I'm very happy .

Btw which is your personal favorite in LAAR? For me it is indeed Super Tucano. I also love this weaponized air tractor thing, but nothing more than the armour plates of Tucano's side panel put it on top of my list, it really make the plane sex! I love the upgraded legacy nam aircraft too, which i think is from S.Africa(might be wrong though). What do you think which will be the best in COIN? 🙂

Edited by Bukain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I completely understand the reason for merge but wish it was standalone...no need for 99% of GREF in almost 100% of my missions. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

99% chance there will be no standalone release. I don't really see much reason for me to put in the work required to do that so that a few people can avoid having to download a few gigs of fantastic content, when lack of time to do that was the whole reason development stalled in the first place. Also, at the end of the day I make stuff so I can use it, and I already use RHS.

• Like 19

I hate to be that guy, nagging a creative for release time, but...

Can we have hope for this releasing sometime this year, or would we be looking at another 6 months of development?

This is the aircraft Arma always needed, the Littlebird of fixed wings!

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, ThePerpetual said:

I hate to be that guy, nagging a creative for release time, but...

Can we have hope for this releasing sometime this year, or would we be looking at another 6 months of development?

This is the aircraft Arma always needed, the Littlebird of fixed wings!

Its already in RHS Dev Branch. You can try it out. So probably next RHS Release, whenever that happens.

Aside from a bug with flight path vector, I'm loving it so far. Great job making the MFD functional. 

fnLMpKs.jpg

• Like 6

Hi guys, as we run out of features to add and bugs to fix, I'm looking to the many livery possibilities and would like community input.

Right now I have a Brazilian, Ecuadorian, and USAF version, simply because those are the ones I was most interested in.

But a LOT of countries operate the plane and I want to know what other people are most interested in. Please post here to let me know what to prioritize!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano

• Like 2

Syndiakat and Gendarmerie! on tanoa these birds will be awesome!

• Like 2

What? Are you talking about the standalone release/update of the aircraft apart from RHS implemention? Nice!. But I guess Horizon Island Defense Force will still get the plane with future non-dev breach RHS update , right? So, no HIDF in this request/suggestion hmm.. ok.  Then how about an ION pmc version? Like a grey with ION logo right at the fuselage:) Yes, I'd suggest a PMC version of the aircraft Tucano!

Anyway, standalone update is a great step, especially good for those who don't use rhs for a reason (though not me:)). Thank you Jester504.

Yes, PMC/ION version for me 🙂

Generic PMC and aviation camos with some hidden texture selections for putting clan logos on underside of the wings, tail etc would be great, or a livery template to be made available. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bukain said:

What? Are you talking about the standalone release/update of the aircraft apart from RHS implemention? Nice!. But I guess Horizon Island Defense Force will still get the plane with future non-dev breach RHS update , right? So, no HIDF in this request/suggestion hmm.. ok.  Then how about an ION pmc version? Like a grey with ION logo right at the fuselage:) Yes, I'd suggest a PMC version of the aircraft Tucano!

Anyway, standalone update is a great step, especially good for those who don't use rhs for a reason (though not me:)). Thank you Jester504.

Yes, PMC/ION version for me 🙂

I thought he said there will be no standalone version, did that change?

Anyway, just a plain gray version with no markings would probably be the most versatile.

• Like 2