Jester504

[WIP] Embraer A-29 Super Tucano

jVEY09d.png

I'm thrilled to make a formal announcement of my nearly-complete Embraer A-29 Super Tucano mod for Arma 3. [For the record, I go by both Jester504 and Jester2138].

At first, it will be only the Sierra Nevada / Embraer A-29 version built in the U.S. that has an under-belly sensor ball and WSO, who controls the optics and laser.

My first priority post-release, however, is to add other versions representing the original Brazilian model without the sensor ball as well as later South American versions with the sensor ball. None of my included liveries will have flags or obvious national markings so that they can represent the military of more than one nation.

My second priority post-release will be a rework of the cockpit mesh and texturing.

The aircraft supports dynamic pylons and all vanilla weapons that fall into the proper weight limits can be carried on the pylons (e.g. the default loadout is GBU-12s on the inboard pylons and rockets on the outboard pylons).

Please enjoy this teaser video:

• Like 43

Very nice, I had downloaded a Super Tucano a while ago, but it was super out of date - no dynamic loadouts, and it didn't seem to have physX properly configured, the landing gear/wheels were not working right, and it was very difficult to get it to takeoff at all.

This would fit in very nicely with a lower tech AAF : Leopard II MBTs and supersonic Gripens? no Nyx's, Striders, and the Tucano seem like a much better match.

I also sometimes make missions with a "HIDF"/ "Horizon Islands Defense Force" (syndicate with just the "soldier" class, and a standard Camo, olive nyxs with jungle camo nets ... AH-9's, that sort of thing)... this would fit real nice. I was thinking of porting the An-2 from Arma 2 and adding some pylons to it for that role, but this looks much nicer.

• Like 2

Will this be compatible with ITC Air Systems?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ex3B said:

This would fit in very nicely with a lower tech AAF : Leopard II MBTs and supersonic Gripens? no Nyx's, Striders, and the Tucano seem like a much better match.

I agree, that was my main catalyst for starting this project. The Apaches and F-16s and such strike me as massively OP for 95% of Arma gameplay and not that much fun for anyone in a scenario who isn't flying them (which is a shame, because I personally love those types of aircraft to death - particularly the Apache). I've always loved how the Littlebirds and other light/medium helicopters fit in the typical Arma gameplay and wanted something more like that on the fixed-wing side.

11 hours ago, MK84 said:

Will this be compatible with ITC Air Systems?

I haven't actually thought about it. I will investigate. ITC is extremely impressive and Yax has been extremely helpful with questions I've had during the development of the Super Tucano.

• Like 5

@Jester504  Really cool idea and implementation! Will it come with any addons dependencies?

-k 

6 minutes ago, nkenny said:

Will it come with any addons dependencies?

No

• Like 2

A fantastic addition to the Armaverse! Great job, looks incredible!

• Like 2

Great news, it was one of the thing I wanted to play with in Arma3.

A proper counter-insurgency aircraft that will perfectly fit the small scales battles.

• Like 4

Great news! This plane makes much more sence in Arma3 than "stealth A-10 of the future".

• Like 2

On 3/7/2019 at 12:01 AM, Jester504 said:

No

I love standalones. Loading all of CUP for example takes far too long. Even for small addon packs, its often hard to know when an asset is vanilla, or when it has been modified.

How nice! I have been wanting this one for so long! Even got pinned by someone to making request in Add-on request thread before coming upon this! Thx man And good luck with the project

On 3/6/2019 at 1:11 AM, Jester504 said:

-snip-

Please, for the love of God don't leave out us singleplayer gamers, please give the pilot the capability to control of the sensor ball.  

Heck, even a lot of mil sim groups only have one pilot per aircraft, so I think giving the pilot the capability to use the sensor ball would be greatly appreciated, even among the mil sim communities.  

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Can't wait for this aircraft, it looks awesome. 

Edited by R0adki11
no need to quote images or videos.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Can't wait! I have have wanting a-29 to be in Arma 3 as the game itself being a infantry combat focused one, there's no better aircraft to have than one of the craft from laar program(I want AT-6b too!). Thanks and please don't stop developing and trust me your mod will definitely reached top ten in months with the fact that this aircraft is one of the finalist in laar program competition(maybe already in service, I don't know), plus the lack of specialized attack aircraft in Arma 3 .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThePerpetual said:

How's the development coming along? Is there any approximate date for the first release? 

when it comes to modding - it's always "when it is done"

• Like 2

One of my current addictions is checking the forums for news on this mod on a daily basis. It will be an interesting and powerful alternative to standard CAS and I cant wait to put this into a full scale mission.

(Sorry for anyone getting excited because he got a notification of this confession 😛 )

• Like 1

Yeah, I was all excited when the OP said this was nearly complete,  but the OP hasn't even been on the forums here since shortly after posting this, so everyone should adjust their expectations accordingly. 

Let me be clear, I'm not saying this will never be released, I'm just saying have realistic expectations.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1