Sign in to follow this  
Guest BratZ

Ww2 planes...need to know ones in progress

Guest BratZ

Topic says all.I'd like to know of any planes that are progress.

I already plan on making maybe Stuka,Corsair,Hurricane etc...

I see 2 P51's already released and they both have messed up windscreens and are beta or something stage or dunno the progress,but I really want to concentrate on multi seat planes and carrier type planes anyways

Any input is appreciated and I also need to either:

Join a WW2 mod

Or gather some beta testers

That way they can get better tested before release

Guest BratZ

Whats your team?

And tell me where I can send you my Red Baron Fokker DRI

I don't care if you have a WW2 mod or not

That hasnt been released yet but I don't have to work till next Monday and It will be shortly,I will be tweaking it here and there,but I would like others to try it first

I really wanted to start off right at WW2 planes ,but Bis released the Camel and Klinks SE5 ,also another here and there

Of course me being or German origin,I was outnumbered!!!

Once I had the stuff for getting started on the Fokker (specs,layout,textures,info,ideas etc)

I actually had the thing modeled the first night and spent 3 or 4 more days on it so far its nice,I like it

Considering its the first real addon I have made asides some buildings ,I have got the hang of it now and I am telling you I will have it mastered within a month,but I am already making decent addons,I could use a list of memory lod definitions tho

They will only get better as I go,I expect the Baron and maybe one more plane I can have ready for next weekend at teh most,but who knows,I am on a roll

I been scripting since the release of OFP so I don't have problems there (no expert per say tho)

The Fokker is almost done,and I have this time off,I am going to start on some WW2 planes right off thats why I wanted to know who is building what

I think I see a Corsair on a WW2 page I just visited

www.angelsofchaos.com

page is so slow,its hard to browse,must be busy

Doesn't matter anyways,I did want to play with the animated landing gear and folding wings and such

But I really want a 2 seater,bomber with a tail gunner position

Making use of Selecthis idea of a proxy rifle if I have to (m60 wouldnt be bad on an american plane)

I have specs and stuff gathered for Stuka and Hawker Hurricane so those will be first

Check my sig for my group, basically working on WW2 PTO (Pacific Theater of Operations) and we will be working on US and Jap planes.

Edit/

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>p</span><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>o</span><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>s</span><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>t</span> <span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>s</span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>o</span><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>m</span><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>e</span> <span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>p</span><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>i</span><span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>c</span><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>s</span>

Guest BratZ

Sweet! Iwo Jima is perfect...That is my interest

You guys already making the islands?I don't see a list of current projects?

With all those modelers on your team,what planes are in progress?

I only see ICQ and a hotmail address,I don't have ICQ running anymore and is hotmail gonna accept a 1 meg file?

Its currently about that size...I should work on it the night and send you something tomorrow anyways

But even if I sent it now,it should get me in as texturer/modeler anyways,it could be the first release

Especially if everyone did a little something to make it nicer.

Things would go real fast If I had some help

But its really just a simple plane,making use of moving prop,unique weapon and flaps and such but was a good plane to start with and it came out nice,but its not WW2

And whats the release procedure for your mod?

I'd like to see betas released then the finals in like the packages or whats your plans?

Like I said earlier,I will have planes rolling out the factory! LOL

Guest BratZ

Sorry didn't catch the show me pics

Thought you seen my previous screens,but I took some last night

I still have suspension cables and such to do(simple stuff)

I been just playing around with the config and trying things and matching it to be slightly lesser than Bis's camel

Like I said a learning model

1231200210070265.jpg

1231200210075291.jpg

1231200210082520.jpg

Sorry about all three wings having the cross,decent textures are high demand! LOL

But I am prolly gonna edit or find another one for the 2 lower wings

And finishing touches haven't been done,I am proceeding to do now

Guest BratZ

Older O2 shot of bottom

1231200210272578.jpg

Still work to be done,but I really want to get started on something nice.I am gonna mess with this here and be done in a few days or depends

Just add me on your MSN so we can talk this over privately.

BTW the plane looks great biggrin.gif

That plane doesn't look very WW2ish.

I know Marss (or Marcel on other forums) was making a cool Japanese Zero

Can't find any pics of that though,

2 pics of his stuka......

Stuka_New_4.jpg

Stuka_New_7.jpg

and 1 of his P-51

P-51_Ingame_1.jpg

I found his Japanese zero on the operation flashpoint editing centre forums.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 01 2003,13:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That plane doesn't look very WW2ish.<span id='postcolor'>

That's because it was used in WWI tounge.gif

P-51 is being worked on..

Im using Evis's P-51 as a base (with his permission) and i have already found some excellent textures...

Im currently making fun things in the model (moving canopy) ,damage textures , smoke out of the engine when it is 85% damaged.. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 01 2003,13:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That plane doesn't look very WW2ish.<span id='postcolor'>

It's the plane Manfred Von Richthofen alias "The red baron" used

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BratZ @ Jan. 01 2003,03:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whats your team?

And tell me where I can send you my Red Baron Fokker DRI

I don't care if you have a WW2 mod or not

That hasnt been released yet but I don't have to work till next Monday and It will be shortly,I will be tweaking it here and there,but I would like others to try it first

I really wanted to start off right at WW2 planes ,but Bis released the Camel and Klinks SE5 ,also another here and there

Of course me being or German origin,I was outnumbered!!!

Once I had the stuff for getting started on the Fokker (specs,layout,textures,info,ideas etc)

I actually had the thing modeled the first night and spent 3 or 4 more days on it so far its nice,I like it

Considering its the first real addon I have made asides some buildings ,I have got the hang of it now and I am telling you I will have it mastered within a month,but I am already making decent addons,I could use a list of memory lod definitions tho

They will only get better as I go,I expect the Baron and maybe one more plane I can have ready for next weekend at teh most,but who knows,I am on a roll

I been scripting since the release of OFP so I don't have problems there (no expert per say tho)

The Fokker is almost done,and I have this time off,I am going to start on some WW2 planes right off thats why I wanted to know who is building what

I think I see a Corsair on a WW2 page I just visited

www.angelsofchaos.com

page is so slow,its hard to browse,must be busy

Doesn't matter anyways,I did want to play with the animated landing gear and folding wings and such

But I really want a 2 seater,bomber with a tail gunner position

Making use of Selecthis idea of a proxy rifle if I have to (m60 wouldnt be bad on an american plane)

I have specs and stuff gathered for Stuka and Hawker Hurricane so those will  be first<span id='postcolor'>

Bratz, you mentioned about putting a proxy rifle on a airplane in order to make a tail gunner... is this possible?  In other words is it possible to make a moving gun on a airplane?  The reason I ask is because I'm hoping that someone will make a AC-130 gunship MOD where the side guns (20mm, 40mm, and 105mm) move as one unit up and down and maybe a little bit side to side.  Do you think this is possible???  If it is that would be absolutely fantastic as the AC-130 would be a perfect weapon system for OFP perhaps using Adammo's C130 as a base model (with his permission) in order to save time making it.   All it would need is just modifications to one side, and in the interior along with the various crew positions. Aside from the "gunner" position the other crew positions would just be "cargo" positions but that should be ok.  

If anyone is interested I have a drawing of the layout of the crew positions that a friend of mine (who worked on AC-130's) sent to me.

I know this is offtopic, but if anyone is interested in taking a crack at it please PM me.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

We have tried putting movable gunner positions on our B17 but never succeeded, it seems to be impossible.

I only know one way..

Making a eventhandler and setpossing a turret and using a script to keep it there (like on the "pauk"class ship)

It works but at higher speeds it becomes unreliable.. smile.gif

//EDIT// Temp P-51 screen (model by Evis) Gear needs fixing..

P51.JPG

Guest BratZ

I don't have MSN...only email and cellphone

I decided on a Curtiss SB2C Helldiver

It will have animated canopy,folding wings,automatic landing gear and maybe even bomb bay doors

And of course I will proxy a machine gun for the rear person

Its coming along rather well

010220037153470.jpg

And a link for some Helldiver info

http://www.acepilots.com/planes/helldiver.html

Asides from O2 ocassionally losing my keyboard and mouse,and me not saving and having to start over after I already had the hull done once

Those are some nice planes posted,glad I picked this one.I don't see anyone bulding one.I will keep ya informed

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Jan. 01 2003,22:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I only know one way..

Making a eventhandler and setpossing a turret and using a script to keep it there (like on the "pauk"class ship)

It works but at higher speeds it becomes unreliable.. smile.gif

//EDIT// Temp P-51 screen (model by Evis) Gear needs fixing..

P51.JPG<span id='postcolor'>

the model isnt by me, it is a freeware model i downloaded to learn o2 coding