Homesick

1.90 update - Troubleshooting

Dedi server giving error

Warning: Current Steam AppId 233780 doesn't match the expected value 107410

Cant join my dedi as it kicks me out !!

This is the only thing in my server log I think I notice that could be an error with the maps. It pops up with any custom map.

[2019-03-20 18:13:13]: Mission directory: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\

[2019-03-20 18:13:13]: Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.Kunduz'.

5 minutes ago, kremator said:

Warning: Current Steam AppId 233780 doesn't match the expected value 107410

..\Arma 3 Server\steam_appid.txt has to contain 107410

• Like 1

Just now, oukej said:

..\Arma 3 Server\steam_appid.txt has to contain 107410

Not changed or tinkered with ANYTHING since updating today, but getting that error.  Sure, I can change it manually but still .....

1 minute ago, kremator said:

Not changed or tinkered with ANYTHING since updating today, but getting that error.  Sure, I can change it manually but still .....

It can happen. That's why we mention this issue in every SPOTREP at the bottom 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wjbond69 said:

I get message Session lost- Verifying PBO failed: @Ryanzombies\addons\ryanzombies.pbo

5 hours ago, wjbond69 said:

I see a bisign file in addon next to the pbo file

Then the PBO on the server and client may be different. I guess you're probably using Steam Workshop to autoupdate the mod ( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501966277 ), right? In such case the mod on your side should be up-to-date. If you want to make sure you can delete and re-download both the PBOs and the BISIGNs.
Otherwise please ask your server admin to clean up and update this mod on the server - both the PBOs and the KEYs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oukej said:

Then the PBO on the server and client may be different. I guess you're probably using Steam Workshop to autoupdate the mod ( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501966277 ), right? In such case the mod on your side should be up-to-date. If you want to make sure you can delete and re-download both the PBOs and the BISIGNs.
Otherwise please ask your server admin to clean up and update this mod on the server - both the PBOs and the KEYs.

We had this same issue and uninstalling/reinstalling the mod on the server did work. We also had to do the same thing with Community Base Addons. 

10 hours ago, RH-SPECTER said:

This is the only thing in my server log I think I notice that could be an error with the maps. It pops up with any custom map.

[2019-03-20 18:13:13]: Mission directory: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Kunduz\

[2019-03-20 18:13:13]: Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.Kunduz'.

That is the error yes. Your server doesn't have the Terrain "Kunduz". Your server is missing a mod.

Can't load a terrain that you don't have.

Happy to report that after identifying a few mismatched mod versions between Client and Server I can access my server again... Thanks

• Like 1

Sadly one again for our Dedicated server today's (21/03/19) new hotfix didn't work, still the same problem. Please would you consider scraping the 1.9 completely, & simply put everyone back to 1.88 where every thing worked fine.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jgaz-uk said:

Sadly one again for our Dedicated server today's (21/03/19) new hotfix didn't work, still the same problem. Please would you consider scraping the 1.9 completely, & simply put everyone back to 1.88 where every thing worked fine.

And by the same problem, what is the problem? Please post the error message and the .rpt file.

Plenty of servers are working correctly, i would have to guess something is wrong with the setup with your server(s). Has some house keeping been done by server admin recently? Are the Keys all correct? All the mods correct on server and client?

4 hours ago, Dedmen said:

That is the error yes. Your server doesn't have the Terrain "Kunduz". Your server is missing a mod.

Can't load a terrain that you don't have.

@Dedmen But I have it, and so does my server! ☹️

Uploaded to my arma 3 server dedicated server are three different modded maps, Kunduz being one of the modded maps.

They all display that same error just different name for each map in the error if that makes sense.. 

Edit- I haven't tried the update with SPOTREP #00087. Once I can (it's downloading at 30 kb/s) I'll let you know if that fixed the issue.

Once again - Our mods are working now but not modded maps. The error code is posted above, and the best I can explain it is we load into the server, pick our mission file on the modded map, we pick our roles & hit 'Continue'. We load the entire map then immediately go back to mission voting.

Edited by RH-SPECTER

34 minutes ago, RH-SPECTER said:

But I have it, and so does my server!

Your log says no. Check your parameters and everything again. Keep in mind pbo's have to be lowercase on Linux.

2 hours ago, RH-SPECTER said:

@Dedmen But I have it, and so does my server! ☹️

Uploaded to my arma 3 server dedicated server are three different modded maps, Kunduz being one of the modded maps.

They all display that same error just different name for each map in the error if that makes sense.. 

Edit- I haven't tried the update with SPOTREP #00087. Once I can (it's downloading at 30 kb/s) I'll let you know if that fixed the issue.

Once again - Our mods are working now but not modded maps. The error code is posted above, and the best I can explain it is we load into the server, pick our mission file on the modded map, we pick our roles & hit 'Continue'. We load the entire map then immediately go back to mission voting.

Btw, Kunduz is specific. One version with fixed doors, but not signed if I remember, one older version signed (but you have to apply a script for doors). Same world names.

5 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

And by the same problem, what is the problem? Please post the error message and the .rpt file.

Plenty of servers are working correctly, i would have to guess something is wrong with the setup with your server(s). Has some house keeping been done by server admin recently? Are the Keys all correct? All the mods correct on server and client?

If we run all our addons in the dedicated server command-line (we have been using them for all for 2 years or more) the server does not show up at all, so there is no error shown' & nothing in the rpt file
 All the keys are correct, addons are the latest from Steam, server updated every time. the players get subscribed addons updated by Steam automatically.
The only solution we found after hours of searching & testing was to remove one of the 2 RHS addons (does not matter which one) from the dedicated server command line then the server shows & can be used, & as long as players are using both RHS addons even missions using the omitted RHS will still work, if just a bit lagger. which was a supprise!.

Yes plenty of servers are working correctly but obviously a lot are not.  As I and so many of others have said, its the 1.9 update that has caused all our problems. It seems everyone has different addons etc that are affected by the 1.9 update

So why not simply scrap it & roll everyone back? why the reluctance for a simple fix????

3 minutes ago, Valeo VBV said:

Update did not help. what to do ? that's what i see this

This most likely means, you are running your server using "-mod=@HVP" while not doing the same on your client (or if you do, your client does not have the data).

8 minutes ago, Richard.biely said:

This most likely means, you are running your server using "-mod=@HVP" while not doing the same on your client (or if you do, your client does not have the data).

what should I do ? I'm not the owner of the server, I'm just a client ??

maybe you should return everything to 1.88, it was all so good? ))

1 minute ago, Valeo VBV said:

what should I do ? I'm not the owner of the server, I'm just a client ??

You need to make sure you have the mod installed on your system. This mod has to match the version that is installed on the server, too.

When reporting issues, please, provide as much relevant technical info as possible. Feel free to PM us if the details contain sensitive info. Good general recommendations can be found here https://feedback.bistudio.com/w/ft_a3_howto/general/

• Copy/paste error message
  • System and environment of the server and of the client (dxdiag)
  • RPT of the server and of the client (so we can see startup parameters, loaded mods in -mod and -servermods, paths, loaded addons...)
  • Server configuration (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg) and server log
  • What recommended steps you've tried and which helped/which didn't
    • Does disabling BattlEye make any difference?
    • Does setting verifySignatures to 0 make any difference?
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, oukej said:

При сообщении о проблемах, пожалуйста, предоставьте как можно больше соответствующей технической информации. Не стесняйтесь, чтобы PM нам, если детали содержат конфиденциальную информацию. Хорошие общие рекомендации можно найти здесь https://feedback.bistudio.com/w/ft_a3_howto/general/

• Копировать / вставить сообщение об ошибке
  • Система и окружение сервера и клиента (dxdiag)
  • RPT на сервере и на клиенте (поэтому мы можем видеть параметры запуска, загруженные моды в -mod и - servermod с, путь, нагруженные аддоны ...)
  • Конфигурация сервера ( https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg ) и журнал сервера
  • Какие рекомендуемые шаги вы пробовали, а какие помогли, а какие нет
    • Имеет ли какое-либо значение отключение BattlEye?
    • Имеет ли значение verifySignatures, равное 0, какое-то значение?

I can not do anything from the above. You can video as it is ?

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Valeo VBV said:

I can not do anything from the above. You can video as it is ?

As client you have a rpt file in your user\appData (generally hidden)\local\arma3 folder.

And you can report your system and environment . Just execute dxdiag from windows menu (right click).

All other considerations about server is not on your side.

• Like 1