Homesick

1.90 update - Troubleshooting

I've currently done a bit of troubleshooting with mods (without the new binaries from Dwarden's post). For this I've created a fresh privatekey with the current dssignfiles from the arma 3 tools, resigned the mods I usually use with that key, added one after another to check if I get kicked from my windows server with verifysignatures at 2.

So far I've found a couple of mods creating problems with the connectivity. Something these mods have in common is for one their age - and their pbos have not been created with the necessary prefix. Repacking the pbos with Addon Builder and a prefix fixed the connection problems with these mods. So that might be something to look into.

1 minute ago, Belbo said:

and their pbos have not been created with the necessary prefix

Prefix isn't necessary.

And the problems that atleast one player could reproduce with Enhanced Movement are also not a prefix problem it seems. Both broken and working versions have a prefix, the same prefix.

The broken version is a older one though. But I don't see the connection. Both versions also have v2 signatures.

I just had the idea that maybe the pbo checksum is wrong. But that's not the case either.

1 minute ago, Dedmen said:

Prefix isn't necessary.

And the problems that atleast one player could reproduce with Enhanced Movement are also not a prefix problem it seems. Both broken and working versions have a prefix, the same prefix.

The broken version is a older one though. But I don't see the connection. Both versions also have v2 signatures. 

I just had the idea that maybe the pbo checksum is wrong. But that's not the case either. 

That may be the case with EM. The mods I tested didn't work without prefix and worked with prefix.

1 minute ago, Belbo said:

The mods I tested didn't work without prefix and worked with prefix.

That is probably just because they were repacked/redownloaded.
Tons of people reported stuff being fixed after redownloading all mods. Something is probably corrupted in some way somewhere.
Maybe it's just random.
I just had an idea though. At work we have a license system for our software that stores a hash. The hash generating code is bugged though in that it doesn't print leading zeroes.
So hash "0123AB" is printed as "123AB"

Maybe it's something similar with the signature checking? I don't know why hashes would be stored as strings like that where that could happen. But maybe ask a dev if that's a possibility.
That would mean that mods that happend to start with a leading 0 somewhere, wouldn't match what the engine expects and fail to verify.

That would also explain why updating some mods (like enhanced movement) to a different version fixes the problem.
However it would not explain the "redownload all mods to fix it" thing.

Maybe there are similar bugs like that not with a leading zero in a printed string but similar to that. Can't think of any. But maybe the hint is enough to make a developers light bulb light up 😄

Does anyone already have any results with the new performance builds that have some fixes?

So i just downgraded to 1.88 and now everything is fine but when I use 1.90 stuff just won't work, without v2 signature the server only has max 10 fps and tested with multiple people (everyone is getting 10 fps). With v2 people can't connect.

1.88 with v2 signature is giving the normal FPS and everything is just fine....

22 minutes ago, Naiss said:

So i just downgraded to 1.88 and now everything is fine but when I use 1.90 stuff just won't work, without v2 signature the server only has max 10 fps and tested with multiple people (everyone is getting 10 fps). With v2 people can't connect.

1.88 with v2 signature is giving the normal FPS and everything is just fine....

how did you role your server and games back

3 minutes ago, SteveMcGarrett said:

how did you role your server and games back

- Right click on Arma 3 in your Steam Library, then Properties

- Select the tab BETAS

- Enter the code Arma3Legacy188 then click CHECK CODE

- Finally, still in this BETAS tab, use the dropdown list to select the branch legacy - Legacy Build (1.88)

Guys, let's try to do next:

1. Download and install v 1.90 perf build v01 (32 or 64 bit) from Dwarden post on previous page

2. Go to 

• C:\Users\{Your name}\AppData\Local\Arma 3\ (Windows)
  • /root/.local/share/Arma 3/ (Linux with Arma started by root user)
  • /home/steam/.local/share/Arma 3/ (Linux with Arma started by steam user)

3. Check what you have "DataCache" folder. If not exist - create it manually

4. Start arma3server without any params (just double click on it or call from console)

5. You'll see cache lock file in DataCache folder. Wait while it gone and cache.ch file appears

6. Stop arma3 server and start it with any mods which you want to use

7. Cach lock file appears again, wait while it gone

8. Play

Tested on Linux Dedicated server with CBA_A3, All CUP, SMA and a lot of map mods.

Tested on Windows Dedicated server (x64) with the same mods.

7 hours ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

@jgaz-uk If the format has not changed from its historical format, it should be :

Arma3Legacy188

https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00085

Tried all the suggestions in spotrep 00085 & no luck, don't see how or where you can rollback to version 188? Its not something we are familiar with, only ever run stable version A3

note: in the new profiling build the cache is now generated at -profiles= directory into \DataCache\cache.ch

also there will be another update to profiling tomorrow to fix another issue related to session lost

8 minutes ago, Dwarden said:

note: in the new profiling build the cache is now generated at -profiles= directory into \DataCache\cache.ch

also there will be another update to profiling tomorrow to fix another issue related to session lost

Nope, as far as I can see perf build use system user directory. This mean one user = one Arma server instance. I hope it will use -profiles option with next update.

Problem: "Connecting..." for some time and then the message "Connection lost".
Fix: Removing old keys and signatures from all mods.

Specifically I searched my mod folder for mods that had .bikey files for old versions and then ran the following to remove all keys and signatures.

del /s *.bikey
del /s *.bisign

Afterwards I simply repaired the mod via the Arma 3 Launcher to add the correct signatures.

I deactivated, not removed all mods on my rented server. Then deleted all the keys in the keys folder except the a3.bikey. So I started up the server with no mods at all, completely vanilla, started up my game client the same way, no mods at all. And when I tried to connect to my rented server I got the same message "connection lost".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

I deactivated, not removed all mods on my rented server. Then deleted all the keys in the keys folder except the a3.bikey. So I started up the server with no mods at all, completely vanilla, started up my game client the same way, no mods at all. And when I tried to connect to my rented server I got the same message "connection lost". 

Yes I did the same, I have all deactivate, activate, delete files ... I always lost session, forced to disable the keys for our public server:

On 3/7/2019 at 11:56 AM, Dwarden said:

please try new 1.90 profiling branch with performance server and client binaries,

included are some fixes for new caches

how about a official released hotfix or rollback to 1.88 !?

please try new 1.90 profiling branch version 02  with performance server and client binaries,

in build 1.90.145423 are some fixes to session lost issues

note: since 145146 build the `cache.ch` now goes into ``C:\Users\%windowsusername%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\DataCache\`` unless defined -profiles= path

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dwarden said:

please try new 1.90 profiling branch version 02  with performance server and client binaries,

in build 1.90.145423 are some fixes to session lost issues

note: since 145146 build the `cache.ch` now goes into ``C:\Users\%windowsusername%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\DataCache\`` unless defined -profiles= path

Im still getting session lost

Can you please try to go into your Arma 3 server folder and delete the cache.ch and then do it again? (just something I have been reading)

Updated the head post.

4 minutes ago, freak69 said:

Can you please try to go into your Arma 3 server folder and delete the cache.ch and then do it again? (just something I have been reading)

already done that

Ok so after reading this post I removed a mod that had a shared bikey it was mods created by firewill https://steamcommunity.com/id/Firewill/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410 Running any of these mods instantly gave us connection lost. 

Mods still Running 

Exile

CBA

CUP_Units

CUP_Vehicles

CUP_Weapons

Extended Base Mods

Enhanced Movement

RHSUSAF

RHSAFRF

RHSGREF

Hope this helps someone

I've the same issue (session lost on clients) on an LIFE server with NO mods on client side.

Just a mpmission (basic one from altis life github) and default server pbo

no -mod params used at all.

I tried perf00 perf01 and the latest perf builds on server only, with default client exe then also the client perf exe

I cleaned cache.ch, cleaned profile vars file, cleaned %localappdata%\Arma 3 folder 

nothing helps but disabling signature check completely by putting it to 0

Atm fyi - running perf v02 - even if just only on the client - solves the joining issue for KotH servers (which use vanilla Arma 3).

I just caught up on this - been working a lot this week and hadn't paid much attention.

All 10 of our servers were down, we have had to remove sig checking til Bohemia manages to clarify and fix the problem with the sig-checking.
I'll happily try and one of our servers back up with vanilla, and then unsung, if the instructions are simple.

I'm too tired from the weeks work to spend my day trying to fix the servers though, with unfamiliar steps to make and no guarantee of success, sorry!

Good luck devs, and thanks for your hardwork to try and remedy this bad situation.

• Thanks 1