jonipetteri

CRV-6e Bobcat use in mine/ied clearing

Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone knows, or has some ideas, how can I use CRV-6e for mine/ied clearing?

I know there is a animation to front part of the vehicle, but that by on its own, is not enough..

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, jonipetteri said:

Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone knows, or has some ideas, how can I use CRV-6e for mine/ied clearing?

I know there is a animation to front part of the vehicle, but that by on its own, is not enough..

Thanks!

Lower the plow and drive slowly over the mines.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

It doesn't take damage?!

6 minutes ago, jonipetteri said:

It doesn't take damage?!

Shouldn't take any, at least last time I tried.

You need to drive slowly over the mine with the plow lowered, is a bit wonky with keyboard, but using a HOTAS or other analog axis for acceleration it's smooth as a 2A46 125mm barrel.

Use this to lower the plow if there isn't already an implemented way of doing so:

vehicle player animatesource ["moveplow", 1];

Cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Shouldn't take any, at least last time I tried.

vehicle player animatesource ["moveplow", 1];

Thanks, you little grumpy old man!

The bobcat takes just as much damage from mines as from every other damage source. In its current state you can remove more mines before being completely destroyed when driving an MBT. The plow shield has no function besides cosmetic.

But fret not, that's why I've made this little script a while ago: https://github.com/Pergor/ADV_Mods/blob/master/adv_bobcat/functions/fn_bobcat.sqf

With this you not only have an action to move the plow, but also the incoming damage is reduced while the plow is down - and additionally you can flatten craters and trenches from ace and grad_trenches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Belbo said:

But fret not, that's why I've made this little script a while ago: https://github.com/Pergor/ADV_Mods/blob/master/adv_bobcat/functions/fn_bobcat.sqf

With this you not only have an action to move the plow, but also the incoming damage is reduced while the plow is down - and additionally you can flatten craters and trenches from ace and grad_trenches.

Nice!

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Cheers

Yes, this worked for me last time I tried it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Yes, this worked for me last time I tried it.

Authority clear craters secondary! ❤️

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HazJ said:

Authority clear craters secondary! ❤️

That's a scripted solution. It picks up craters with the blade when you drive into them.

• Like 2

Just now, Tankbuster said:

That's a scripted solution. It picks up craters with the blade when you drive into them.

Shh, they don't need to know the magic behind the beauty.

• Haha 2

To be fair, it is not an actual mine plough, but a bulldozer blade to anchor itself, while pulling stuck, like-sized vehicle or alternatively pushing dirt or other obstacles. The vehicle is after all an Armoured Recovery Vehicle and not a breaching vehicle. But it's the closest thing we have, and I'm all in for scripting this into everything armoured engineering vehicles have to offer. Thank you very much 🙂

It baffles me to see this "vehicle player animatesource ["moveplow", 1];" after so many years. That all along such a complete animation was made, that changes the vehicle's physical properties in a functional way, yet it is not in the action menu, but only a hidden script

Edit: Just tested the blade against mines to be certain. I made 6 test of blade up and 6 of blade down, alternating. It Takes one AT-mine and the engine is done and either left or right track is orange or red. There is no noticeable difference between blade up or down. Tested with 5/10/20/30 km/h. At 5 km/h it can usually take two mines before engine is red, but once again the blade state changes nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -VTH- CG-Delta said:

It baffles me to see this "vehicle player animatesource ["moveplow", 1];" after so many years. That all along such a complete animation was made, that changes the vehicle's physical properties in a functional way, yet it is not in the action menu, but only a hidden script

Quite a lot of stuff has hidden animations, you can open the doors on almost all vehicles, hide the backpacks on the offroad/tanks etc.

Cheers

21 hours ago, -VTH- CG-Delta said:

the blade state changes nothing.

Yep, thats true. It needs a bit scripting.