It is likely ACE3. I am busy overhauling the tank fire geometries and armour components of the older tanks etc...attempting then to balance them with ACE3's armour system and RHS's weapons and ammo. As a result, it will likely require constant tweaking and adjustment to get right, right up until the point I stop working on the pack due to Arma 4. I have made more adjustments for the upcoming hotfix, hoping to reduce some of their resistance, but it may require more. Try it without ACE3 and you'll likely find you can destroy them with a single RPG hit.

Ah, ok! I just wasn'T sure if this was known or if it was a problem with our settings. Thanks again for your hard. contiuned work!

We're pleased to announce that hotfix 6.0.2 for 3CB Factions is now live on Steam

Release notes 6.0.2

Added Mig-21 to Cold War USSR Early and Late factions
Added TFAR Radio versions of LNM and LSM Carryall packs

Fixed Bipod on STG
Fixed Blank Zeus vehicle entries on NATO, CSAT and AAF factions
Fixed BTR-70, 80 and 80a African Desert texture have camouflage on turret
Fixed Broken textures on Karzeghistan DC3 Cargo plane
Fixed Duplicate Artillery subcategory for Cold War US in editor
Fixed FNFAL Railed iron sights
Fixed G3 Ammo box class name error for optics
Fixed Hidden Texture Selections count on BTR and Shilka
Fixed Many minor errors identified by Anrop test
Fixed Mig-21 elevator animation being inverted
Fixed Mig-21 elevator position
Fixed Missing Medic Backpack on KRG SF Medics
Fixed Mistake in Indfor / Opfor M270 Avenger Weapon and Magazine class name
Fixed Range of movement on Commander Turret of M270 variants when turned out
Fixed Springfield tracer magazines not showing tracers
Fixed Springfield Opfor Ammo Box not having correct green tracer magazines
Fixed Tunguska main gun being easily disabled by small arms fire
Fixed UV on underside of AC500 wings

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Hey

Thanks for the Update! 😄

its it possbile to adjust the MiG-21 elevator shadow? its looks for me like this -> https://ibb.co/6gCzQvb

The DC 3/c46/IL2 sinks too much when cornering. what shouldn't be. and if she is 8 km/h fast, she pushes herself around the curve. Is this possible to fix? i hope you understand what i mean 😄 my english its not soo well.

Thanks for this Mod still 😄

Hey 3CB,

I'm using Drongo's AI Fire Support, but unfortunately M270s and Hilux (Arty) are not recognized as assets. Can you please look into it?

Cheers!

I don't use Drongo's AI Fire Support, so have no idea why that would be an issue. Maybe enquire with the mod maker and ask what is required?

thx for the quick reply. I already did that and he gave me a possible solution, but it didn't work.

PM me that. Also, ask if anything specific needs to be included in the artillery piece. I inherit a lot, but it is possible something is missing.

@evrik when I added some 3CB Faction Soviet (Late) mortars, it added 3CB Weapons into the required CDLC section of the mission file.  When those aren't on the map, but other 3CB Faction assets are used, I just get the Factions as a CDLC (as expected).

Unfortunately, that same mission has started crashing Arma (for, I believe, an unrelated reason I haven't figured out), so I haven't been able to trouble-shoot if other mortars also cause the "Weapons" CDLC dependency.  But other missions I have with lots of 3CB Factions assets don't have the same "Weapons" dependency added, just the expected "Factions" dependency.

@gatordev: Not quite clear on what you mean. Do you mean you get a UK3CB_BAF_Weapons requirement? I fully expect you to get a UK3CB_Factions_Weapons requirement. The Soviets will be using some weapons from the UK3CB_Factions_Weapons .pbo.

21 hours ago, evrik said:

@gatordev: Not quite clear on what you mean. Do you mean you get a UK3CB_BAF_Weapons requirement? I fully expect you to get a UK3CB_Factions_Weapons requirement. The Soviets will be using some weapons from the UK3CB_Factions_Weapons .pbo.

I do get the UK3CB_BAF_Weapons requirement, but it's in the CDLC portion of the mission file and not the Required Addons portion.  However....

My apologies, as I didn't realize I have it in several other mission files and there doesn't seem to be any ill-effects.  The missions play fine even though I don't have _BAF_Weapons installed.  So basically, I'm reporting something that is a "thing," but not something that's causing any issues.

Ah, it might be magazine compatibilities. I have put the options of 3CB BAF weapon magazines being compatible with several weapons in the Faction pack and vice versa. Shouldn't really do anything if BAF isn't running, but if it is, it allows you to use the magazines. Once I can get the magproxies put into BAF weapons, it shouldn't be needed as the cba_a3 magazine wells will take care of it.

• Like 1

Is it possible to add something like a "invisible vest" with ballistic values?

When we do afghanistan scenarios, most firefights are over very fast since the taliban like fighters dont have ballistic protection on their upper body.

With something like a ballistic vest without visible model or an ammo belt for the upper body with ballistic values we could counter that problem.

• Confused 1

Yes, I could, but I wouldn't add it to the Takistan insurgents as standard, or as one of their randomized vests, as undoubtedly other people / clans would be annoyed that people in tribal robes are suddenly wearing ballistic protection vests. You'd have to manually add it to the units you placed down in your ops or create a custom faction / version of the Takistan insurgents that included the vest. If that is the case, why doesn't your unit just create a basic invisible vest mod and add it to the 3CB Faction units of your choice?

As it happens, for loadout and clipping purposes, I will be adding invisible vests in the next update, but it is likely just a chest rig. I'll create a version with ballistic protection if you want, but I won't be adding it to the units as standard. It will be in the arsenal.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, evrik said:

Yes, I could, but I wouldn't add it to the Takistan insurgents as standard, or as one of their randomized vests, as undoubtedly other people / clans would be annoyed that people in tribal robes are suddenly wearing ballistic protection vests. You'd have to manually add it to the units you placed down in your ops or create a custom faction / version of the Takistan insurgents that included the vest. If that is the case, why doesn't your unit just create a basic invisible vest mod and add it to the 3CB Faction units of your choice?

As it happens, for loadout and clipping purposes, I will be adding invisible vests in the next update, but it is likely just a chest rig. I'll create a version with ballistic protection if you want, but I won't be adding it to the units as standard. It will be in the arsenal.

unfortunately we dont have anyone in my unit who is keen in modding and able to do this - so thank you, your solution is perfectly fine - we will then add the invisible chest rig manually or by script.

Hey evrik, any chance we'll see some beards for our middle eastern adversaries? Maybe even the round glasses from A2? They're both perfect for creating an old wise elder for the players to glean intel from 😂

I will admit it's the one small thing I miss from other faction mods.

Unlikely I will do beards unless I get a model donation for the beard or one or two new faces. I'll take a look at the round glasses. I can likely add them.

Appreciate it, we use GRAD_Civs for our civilian population and I tried adding beards from the VSM beards mod but of course then it gets overwritten by the 3CB randomization. 
I could turn that off but I'm going for more variation not less 😂

Thanks again

We're pleased to announce that version 7.0.0 of 3CB Factions is now live on Steam

Release notes 7.0.0

Added Altis Police Department (APD) to all sides
Added Ballistic Face Masks
Added Bell 412s to CDF
Added Black DMR
Added Cap variants for ION
Added Cocaine bricks and pallets under Empty > Objects
Added Donated MT-LB Nogovan textures to Virtual Garage
Added Fast Roping ACE option to Bell 412 winch
Added FIA to all sides
Added FN P90 variants using RHS sounds and ammo
Added Gloves and Gloves / Glasses combinations to Facegear and NVG slots
Added Grozovia Armed Forces (GAF) to all sides
Added HSAT MKIII and HSAT P-Type helmets
Added Invisible Chestrigs and Invisible Chestrigs with plate
Added ION Services to all sides and in Desert, Urban, Winter and Woodland variants
Added G36 variants
Added MELB Little Bird and ION Textures
Added Merlin and Textures
Added Mig-21 CDF version
Added MKIV helmets
Added New Enfield No.3, No.3t, No.4, No.4t, No.5, No.5t, L8, L8t and L42 variants
Added New MT-LB BMP-1, 30mm, BTR-60 turrets and Ambulance variants
Added New Pickup weapon variants (GMG, Igla Chair, Metis, Rocket Pod, Rocket Artillery, SPG-9, TOW, Zu23 and ZU23 Front) 
Added Randomized Armour Plating to ADE, ADM, CHD, FIA, LNM, LSM and MEE faction Hilux and Pickups
Added Static MILAN Launchers
Added TFAR variants of SPC and UCP radio backpacks
Added Transit Van and Textures
Added VIP uniform and unit model

Fixed .50cal magazines using incorrect ammo
Fixed A number of incorrect or missing Eden preview images
Fixed AC-47 Eden crew issue
Fixed Bell 412 Flir operator get in/out memory point issue
Fixed Bell 412 Inspection panels not closing
Fixed Broken Igla Chair gunner KIA animation
Fixed Hilux, Land Rovers, and Pickup bodies being bulletproof 
Fixed Incoming Missile warning sound being inherited on Chieftain, M60A3 and T-series tanks
Fixed Incorrect Takistan Army naming error
Fixed Land Rover get-in / out points to stop ejected body appearing in the ground
Fixed Missing View Pilot LOD on M14 suppressor
Fixed Position of barrel attachment proxy on Steyer Aug HBAR variants
Fixed Rhib and Rhib gunboat broken cargo turret inheritance on Indfor / Opfor
Fixed Side mirrors on a number of vehicles being inverted
Fixed T-72BB Vehicle Garage textures

Removed Arma 2 Enfield but included class name inheritance to replace weapon in old missions with new Enfield variant

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for an awesome update! Really appreciate you still add more content in that stage of Arma 3 community.

Have you considered adding equipment in Ukrainian MM14 camouflage pattern? It's clearly visible that Grozovia Armed Forces are modelled as close copy of Ukraine Armed Forces, and with realistic camouflage of vehicles, and MM14 camo users could easily make missions as UA forces.

@Koxxus: Yes, however RHS currently have a license regarding the ongoing war in Ukraine and depictions of it using their mods.

"No Depiction of Russian invasion in Ukraine

We, the development team of RHS unanimously do NOT condone any real life wars, past, present and future.

Any depiction of the ongoing invasion of Russian forces in Ukraine using any RHS assets is strictly PROHIBITED .

In accordance with our Non-Derivative License, we will take all the required legal steps to protect our image, our content, and our users from such depictions, including takedowns, C&D and asking for infringements / requesting Steam Workshop bans from Arma3 developers - Bohemia Interactive.

This includes, but is not limited to, any use of Russian war marking (Z, O, V etc) and/or Ukrainian war markings on any existing or future RHS assets. There will be no exceptions."

So it is not something I'd want to fall foul of. I'd have to get full clarification from RHS devs before I went any where near it. That is why I have gone with a fictional - but similar - ArmaLore country in order to respect their wishes.

• Like 1

Hello 3CB devs, love your work it's really great to have a larger faction set using the RHS content so very happy to see that!

I wasn't sure where to find a feedback tracker or known issues but I would like to report an issue with the Landrover HMGs that seem to have a very offset sight, the 100m range sits between the pin on the sight and the "arch" so its very hard for players to use effectively at distance and even confusing at close range. Is this something that could be fixed? I was hoping the previous patch note on the wrong magazine may have fixed it but perhaps its not related. The Commander version with the PKM seems to be aligned so that's not an issue, it's only the M2 on top of these Landrovers that have the problematic alignment

d0bccf7ac30160eb9246678b5895f929.jpg

dc3f63196720c66598028ffcf9d69c96.jpg

For reference this is the Dshkm from a Hilux which has a more flat arc at the same ranging which works well

b2756b5d06c5464bc3f414c9e73dd7eb.jpg

@oksman: Thanks, I'll take a look at adjusting it.

6 hours ago, evrik said:

@oksman: Thanks, I'll take a look at adjusting it.

Awesome thanks! I just want to clarify after reading my own text it wasn't super clear maybe, the M2s on all Land Rovers have this issue, where as the commanders PKM itself is aligned correctly.

Great work, thanks on behalf of Guerrillas of Liberation !