Confirmed. I will attempt to fix the Y axis speed. Not sure why that is the case. As for the optic, it is due to the old arma 2 model having the Commander's Dshkm pointing forward on the turret. It then rotates with the commander's view, with the IR searchlight (that isn't the commander's optic) at the rear of the turret. It is so when the commander turns out, he turns out onto the Dshkm. If I reversed it, you'd need to turn out onto the searchlight, then use a script to rotate the proxy around onto the gun.

1 hour ago, evrik said:

Confirmed. I will attempt to fix the Y axis speed. Not sure why that is the case. As for the optic, it is due to the old arma 2 model having the Commander's Dshkm pointing forward on the turret. It then rotates with the commander's view, with the IR searchlight (that isn't the commander's optic) at the rear of the turret. It is so when the commander turns out, he turns out onto the Dshkm. If I reversed it, you'd need to turn out onto the searchlight, then use a script to rotate the proxy around onto the gun.

ah yes thats the IR searchlight the commander's optic is below it i think, even though thats how it suppose to be IRL and its better like that so the gunner covers the front and you cover the rear in some situations, also it just creates confusion i really got adapted using the RHS tanks (the T-72B) and they have their DSHKm in the back so idk for me i prefer it that way 😜

I don't disagree. It likely should be reversed to be more like RL. It is just the old model has it set up that way, presumably so there was no need for scripts in arma 2 to turn the commander proxy around onto the gun when he turned out. It also meant the AI automatically used the Dshkm as there was no need to use a scroll wheel User Action to swap to the Dshkm, like is done on the RHS version (theirs having the NSV).

• Like 1

hello ^ ^

i have found that the crew of the T-55 (commander and gunner) are actually positioned in the hull instead of the turret and that somehow  explained why they didnt died each time i hit the turret with HEAT rounds or RPGs

here is a picture https://imgur.com/oCbG7Q0

as for the gunner in the T-72s his position is lower than the commander for some reason which also increase their survivability against shells 

picture: https://imgur.com/9Fbkj46

edit: even some drivers are bad positioned 

picture: https://imgur.com/0rl2AA6

The old tanks use the proxy positions from arma 2. They are merely ported across into arma 3. I haven't modified any of them in terms of proxy positions as they use the existing animation .rtms.

22 minutes ago, evrik said:

The old tanks use the proxy positions from arma 2. They are merely ported across into arma 3. I haven't modified any of them in terms of proxy positions as they use the existing animation .rtms.

i think that because the penetration system and damage handling was different back than, im unable to kill the crew realistically without completely destroying the tanks.

Indeed. It would require a complete overhaul of the fire geometry lod etc... Not something I envisage doing any time soon unfortunately. If anyone is interested in having a go, please let me know. It would likely require creating a new geometry from scratch.

I've very pleased to announce version 4.0.0 of 3CB Factions.  This update adds ChDSZ, ChDZZ, and ChDKZ and NAPA factions, a range of small boats as well as improving upon the existing factions and vehicles.

CHANGE LOG 4.0.0

Added 2S6M Tunguska AAA
Added AK-47N  with RHS optics options
Added Armoured SUV with no flag to AAF, ADA, TKA factions
Added BMD-2 to Cold War Late Soviets
Added ChDSZ, ChDZZ, and ChDKZ factions
Added Digital 24hr clock to Hilux
Added FFV to AAV Commander and Gunner
Added Fishing Boat (Armed, Unarmed, and Vehicle in Vehicle variants)
Added Four extra cargo seats to AAV
Added GAZ-66 trucks
Added KrAZ-255B1 trucks
Added LAV-25
Added LAV-C2
Added MAZ 543 Scud Launcher to AAF Opfor
Added MERDC camouflage options to AAV, LAVs, and M60s
Added Missing AAF desert uniforms and helmets
Added NAPA faction to all sides
Added Operation Red Harvest US insignia patch
Added Optional AAF desert skin to AAF Quadbike
Added Optional External Kit to M60A3 basket
Added Randomized External Kit to AAV, with option to disable via attributes and manual select via Virtual Garage 
Added RPK-74N with RHS optics options
Added Searchlights
Added Small Boats
Added Tactical Backpack and TFAR radio variants
Added T-80 variants to Cold War Late Soviets
Added TFAR variants for a number of backpacks 
Added ZiL-131 trucks

Fixed AA units incorrect displaying Strela rather than Igla
Fixed AN-2 pylon system
Fixed AAF AA unit display name
Fixed AAV tracks being visible in cabin while turned out
Fixed Bounding Box Positions on all vehicles
Fixed cba_a3 magwell compatibility for AK47, FNFAL, G3, HK33, M14, M16, M60, MG3 and RPK
Fixed clan logo and clan sign not leaning with motorbikes
Fixed Hide Flag animation on BTR-40 and T-34 to allow mission makers to manually hide or unhide
Fixed HK33A1 / A2 name correction
Fixed M60A3 engine damage rate while submerged
Fixed Missing sounds on M60 turret
Fixed Multiple .rpt errors
Fixed Multiple versions of the BRDM appearing BLU_F, IND_F, OPF_F in Zeus menu
Fixed Vodnik PKM rear PKM feedcover not moving with rest of gun
Fixed Vodnik Rear Wheels ACE remove / repair issue

NcB3cHF.png

XVCqSiU.png

RUeitzI.png

3f1ItSq.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Incredible update, thank you for the hard work and many hours put into this stuff.

I'm over the moon to have an LAV-25 ❤️

• Thanks 1

very cool update 😍 i love the lav 25 is the version with M240B also planned for the comantate later?

Depends if I can figure out the articulating arm. Also, given how the engine handles turrets, it will mean the commander's optic range of movement when turned in will be limited to match the gpmg range of movement when turned out.

hey evrik i have/was working on a ChDKZ mod myself it is going to have a dependency on this so was wondering if you would like the stuff i did 
 i have about 10 RHS gorka retextures in a ChDKZ style  the textures are done by Fingolfin  and are used in his Caucasus Insurgency I just mixed them in ChDKZ style he is happy for me to share them with you aswell
F3F39161C09942C4B363AAD53FDCD97F56DD1471

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2382800013

• Like 1

Please make a pause in the configs between reloading magazines in different stationary machine guns and spg, zu-23, etc.

@topden I am not clear on what you mean? You want me to slow down how long it takes to reload a static weapon? If so, I basically just use RHS's static weapons for the factions. It might be best to ask them direct as it would automatically apply to the Faction pack.

Yes. Already reported and fixed ahead of the hotfix update in a week or two. Just trying to catch as many issues as possible.

Here is a list of reported issues I've fixed so far:

Fixed 2S6M Tunguska inventory containing BI 2035 equipment and weapons
Fixed ChDSZ, ChDZZ, ChDKZ AA / AT unit possessing AK74 magazine
Fixed ChDSZ, ChDZZ, ChDKZ Officer starting with no magazine in weapon
Fixed Fishing Boats missing from Civilian Factions while in Zeus
Fixed Incorrect HitPoint inheritance on Unarmed Fishing Boats
Fixed M60 tank barrel depression from -5 to -10 degrees
Fixed Naming of 2S6M Tunguska Missiles to 9M311-M1
Fixed Naming of ChDSZ, ChDZZ, ChDKZ Rifleman to AKS-74U
Fixed NAPA AA / AT unit possessing AK74 magazine
Fixed Russian text on ChDSZ, ChDZZ insignia patches

If you spot any more. Please let me know. 🙂

• Like 2

got it. we will wait for updates. thanks for answers. write about bugs here or have special bugtracker?

You can either PM me on here or just head over to our discord or website and report them there.

• Like 1

Hello, could you please pack configs and scripting in a separate pbo (like ie. RHS does) that wouldn't be obfuscated using Mikero's tools?

We recently had an issue with randomized gear and suspect some of the UK3CB_* functions - looking at them, there are some more things that could conflict with other mods, but we cannot debug the issue when the functions/configs are obfuscated. I'd understand obfuscating assets (models, textures, etc.), even if you can export them un-obfuscated from the game if you know how, but it doesn't really make sense for configs/scripts.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Not sure if a bug or intentionally 

But the radio versions of the Alice pack are way bigger then the normal ones

I've pleased to announce a hotfix (version 4.0.3) for 3CB Factions

CHANGE LOG 4.0.3

Added Gorka uniforms to ChDSZ, ChDZZ, ChDKZ units

Fixed 2S6M Tunguska inventory containing BI 2035 equipment and weapons
Fixed 2S6M Tunguska not taking engine damage when submerged
Fixed ChDSZ, ChDZZ, ChDKZ AA / AT unit possessing AK74 magazine
Fixed ChDSZ, ChDZZ, ChDKZ Officer starting with no magazine in the weapon
Fixed Fishing Boats missing from Civilian Factions while in Zeus