On 1/15/2020 at 3:11 AM, evrik said:

The pack is to supplement Project Opfor,

Had me fooled I had used project opfor for years. This came out it was a easy choice to swap over 

Well, Project Opfor has a lot more factions and is RHS-based as well. We use both in 3CB. Our pack has a lot more weapons / vehicles to supplement Project Opfor. I also recently spoke to Keeway, who said that they are still working towards an update on Project Opfor, so its all good.

• Like 2

Yea its the vehicles that really do it for me. it's great having a bunch of different technicals for iregluar forces that are not of 2030 style.

Same goes with civs aswell

Really looking forward to using your African factions, keep up the good work.

Reinstalled ArmA 3 after 5 years. Discovered 3CB. So far I've subscribed to 3CB factions, units, weapons, vehicles, etc. What maps do you guys use on your servers? Could you provide steam workshop links to those as well? Also how can one join in server events? ....and the schedule/timings for these events.

Hello. It is probably easier to jump onto our website or discord channel. You can find us at: www.3CommandoBrigade.com. The discord link is at the top of the home page.

Hi,please also consider adding M939 Desert and Woodland to RHS USMC Factions.

Do they still use them? I thought it had been replaced with MTVR?

I've very pleased to announce version 3.0.0 of 3CB Factions.  This update adds seven African factions, builds on the original AAF as well as improving upon the existing factions and vehicles.

lYgO5Uo.jpg

CHANGE LOG:

- Added AAF Faction (AAF)
- Added AAVP-7A1
- Added African Desert Army Faction (ADA)
- Added African Desert Army Paramilitaries (ADR)
- Added African Desert Civilians (ADC)
- Added African Desert Civilian Militia (ADG)
- Added African Desert Extremists (ADE)
- Added African Desert Militia (ADM)
- Added African Desert Police (ADP)
- Added AK-47 Assault Rifle
- Added Beacons and Siren to Police BTR-40 and Gaz Vodnik Medevac 
- Added Beacons to Police Datsun, Hilux, Land Rovers, Gaz Vodnik, Gaz Volha and YAVA motorbike
- Added Bicycles
- Added Blowpipe AA
- Added Bren Light Machine Gun
- Added Browning HP Pistol
- Added CHDKZ T-55 and MT-LB textures
- Added Equipment for new factions
- Added G3 Assault Rifle
- Added Horizon Island Defence Force & IDAP Medevac UH1H variant
- Added HK33 Assault Rifle
- Added M60A1 & M60A3 tank variants
- Added M939 MLRS variant
- Added M939 Zu23 variant
- Added Magazine and grenade Proxies to AK-47, FNFALs, G3s, HK33s, RPK, M16s, and M14s
- Added MaxxPro Green and Woodland variants
- Added MG3 Machine Gun
- Added Motorbikes
- Added MT-LB Zu23 variant
- Added MTVR MLRS variant
- Added MTVR Zu23 variant
- Added RPK-74 Light Machine Gun
- Added Side-specific tracer magazines (red, yellow, green, and white)
- Added Skoda Octavia
- Added Desert & Soviet Scud textures
- Added Sterling submachine gun
- Added SUV 4x4 Civilian, Armed, and Armoured VIP variants
- Added Tanoa and Winter versions of Static Bunkers - with option to hide camo net
- Added unarmed nest bunkers under Structures > Military
- Added working hidden textures to AN-2, T-34, T-55 and UH1H wreck models
- Added working pedal animations to all wheeled vehicles
- Added working additional dials to wheeled vehicles where possible

- Changed Engine damage effect - more in line with RHS
- Changed M1 helmets for RHS versions
- Changed M79 for RHS version
- Changed T-34, T-55 Engine Sounds - no more turbine!
- Changed UH1H Unarmed, Armed and Gunship Hueys to RHS versions
- Changed Weapon muzzle flashes to RHS versions

- Fixed Cold War Early Soviet Spotter had wrong magazines
- Fixed Incorrect civilian uniform inheritance
- Fixed Multiple bugs and .rpt errors
- Fixed Mutt Jeep TOW launcher not tracking while firing in 3rd Person
- Fixed SelectionID .rpt spam while using ACE3
- Fixed SU25 ammo / pylon / mfd .rpt errors
- Fixed UH1H Medevac not exploding when destroyed

- Improved driver animations
- Improved MaxxPro .smdi 
- Improved shared textures to reduce duplication
- Improved Wheeled vehicles tyre friction / slip values - no more driving on ice!

- Removed incorrectly added vehicles from BIS NATO, CSAT, AAF factions
- Removed Land Rover (Open) rear windows from Pilot LOD

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Any one got a 3cb factions flip motorbike ace compatible mod/script.

Just asking 🤫

Is there not an unflip option in ACE3? I forget. I seem to recall unflipping the motorbikes / bicycles like the quadbikes during testing. Maybe we had another mod running. 

As for the LAV-25, its on the to-do list. First and foremost I am fixing the reported bugs following this release. All have been fixed thus far ahead of a hotfix next week. We going to wait a little while longer and deal with as many as we can in one go.

• Like 4

The update is very nice, a LAV25 in the future is cool, there is still an AV-22 Osprey missing 😄

Are there any other variants of civilian (clothing) planned for Chernarus and Takistan? that is very ideal 😊

No plans for the Osprey or additional clothing for those factions. Each have multiple different colour versions of the models I have for them already.

Also, here is a list of the errors I've fixed so far to be included with a hotfix next week. If you spot any more - these are errors and fixes, not requests - please let me know ASAP. We don't intend to put out rolling weekly fixes for non-game breaking issues, so now is the time to spot and address any problems given the amount of eyes on the pack from it being out in the community. Much appreciated. 🙂

- Added AN-PRC 155 Radio Backpack

- Added M60A1 / M60A3 to AAF Indfor

- Added Missing DHK1983, PGS64, and UKK muzzle brakes to AK-74n, AKS-74un and AK-74mr respectively

- Added Option to enable thermal optics on gunner turret via vehicle attributes on AAF, HIDF, and USMC AAVs

- Added Semi-Automatic mode to RPK / RPK-74

- Fixed ADA CfgGroups incorrect side entries

- Fixed ADE CfgInfantry incorrect side entries

- Fixed ADE, ADM, and ADP Automatic Rifleman having wrong magazines in backpack

- Fixed AAF Indfor Automatic Rifleman and SF Automatic Rifleman missing gun

- Fixed AAF 'MSV' displayed names on static weapon teams

- Fixed AAF Opfor Incorrect Vehicle Radio

- Fixed Mirrored text on M60 ammo box

- Fixed Missing magazine in Takistan Army Team Leader weapon in Eden

- Fixed PAGST Vest armour values

- Fixed SDV incorrect textures

- Fixed Takistan Repair Ural texture error

- Replaced all deprecated TFAR radio classnames

- Replaced Soviet Automatic Rifleman RPK with RPK-74

• Like 1

I've noticed a two bugs not on that list:

-The M14's automatic and semiautomatic firing sounds don't match. (I think one has been updated to match RHS's new M14, but the other was missed?)

-Sterling's magazine only hold 30 rounds, rather than 34 (the displayname is correct, though!)

Also, some minor 'issues' that might not necessarily be bugs: (but I'm a pedant, so I'm going to mention them regardless!)

-Bren and FAL magazines should theoretically be interchangeable - don't know if this is applicable for the exact version of Bren modelled (and I'm not entirely sure if it only worked with the inch-pattern FALs or not?). Would be a nice feature regardless!

-The AK47 doesn't match RHS's convention of having a separate weapon class for the N variant (I don't actually know for certain that there even was an N variant of the AK47? I guess it makes sense to have a sight mount on it in the context it's being used in this pack, since presumably it's not 'as procured from Izhevsk mechanical works')

I love the canister rounds for the AAVP, by the way. And the motorbikes are really well implemented!

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into the first two.

I certainly won't have time to implement a magazine proxy on the Bren before the update, nor do I know whether or not the magazines would have compatibility. Again, I don't know enough regarding the naming of the AK47. It was really only put in for older militia units. If it's actual name can be confirmed, I can certainly change its displayed name. I think the N variant can take a rear mounted optic, whereas the base AK47 is just iron sights? I am sure an AK47 aficionado can tell us more. 🙂

Updated list so far.

- Added AN-PRC 155 Radio Backpack
- Added M60A1 / M60A3 to AAF Indfor
- Added Missing DHK1983, PGS64, and UKK muzzle brakes to AK-74n, AKS-74un and AK-74mr respectively
- Added Option to enable thermal optics on gunner turret via vehicle attributes on AAF, HIDF, and USMC AAVs
- Added Semi-Automatic mode to RPK / RPK-74

- Fixed ADA CfgGroups incorrect side entries
- Fixed ADE CfgInfantry incorrect side entries
- Fixed ADE, ADM, and ADP Automatic Rifleman having wrong magazines in backpack
- Fixed AAF Indfor Automatic Rifleman and SF Automatic Rifleman missing gun
- Fixed AAF 'MSV' displayed names on static weapon teams
- Fixed AAF Opfor Incorrect Vehicle Radio
- Fixed Incorrect Sten Magazine ammo count
- Fixed M14 sounds
- Fixed Mirrored text on M60 ammo box
- Fixed Missing magazine in Takistan Army Team Leader weapon in Eden
- Fixed PAGST Vest armour values
- Fixed SDV incorrect textures
- Fixed Takistan Repair Ural texture error

- Replaced all deprecated TFAR radio classnames
- Replaced Soviet Automatic Rifleman RPK with RPK-74

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regarding the Bren being able to use FAL (L1) magazines, that was only for the later Bren models that were converted from .303 British to 7.62 NATO and designated as the L4 LMG.

You can tell the Bren and L4 apart pretty easily by looking at the flash hider, the L4 has a slotted cage style flash hider, similar to those of the L1 rifle and L7 GPMG, instead of the Bren's regular conical flash hider.

AKN-47 would have a scope rail. originality for night sights 
and yes AK-47 Iron sights

N dovetail mount

M modernized

S folding stock

U short carbine

B stock suppressor

Hi.

Few bugs/suggestions.

- G3 s Magazines and magazinewell should be assigned to proper CBA magwell class to be compatible with Niarms ones. (You should not be able to jam M14 magazine to G3 magwell).
- HK33 s Magazines and magazinewell should be assigned to proper CBA magwell class to be compatible with Niarms ones. (You should not be able to jam STANAG 556 magazine to HK33 magwell).
- MG3 s Magazines and magazinewell should be assigned to proper CBA magwell class to be compatible with Niarms ones.

Additionally:

PVS-5 NVG UI picture not found (probably wrong texture name)

Warning Message: Picture equip\w\w_uk3cb_factions\addons\uk3cb_factions_equipment\nvgs\pvs5a\data\icona.paa.paa not found

Thanks and Regards.

10 hours ago, GordonWeedman said:

Regarding the Bren being able to use FAL (L1) magazines, that was only for the later Bren models that were converted from .303 British to 7.62 NATO and designated as the L4 LMG.

You can tell the Bren and L4 apart pretty easily by looking at the flash hider, the L4 has a slotted cage style flash hider, similar to those of the L1 rifle and L7 GPMG, instead of the Bren's regular conical flash hider.

Yes, of course We know that. Regarding magazine compatibility and assuming that generally metric and inch pattern FAL magazines are one way compatible (You can use metric pattern FAL mag in SLR, although reliability is not guarantieed, but You can not use SLR mag in metric pattern FAL) You can stick SLR/FAL mag into L4 Bren and the LMG will shoot. This solution was only for emergencies (not unlike feeding M249 from STANAG 30 rounders), FAL mags were not designed for top feeding and because of forces acting on magazine spring and feed angle this could cause stoppages, especially during sustained fire and especially regarding last rounds in the magazine. Also SLR mags can be a little wobbly in Bren magwell.

But as a general rule You can feed L4 Bren from SLR/FAL mags.

Thank God that Arma 3 CBA does not distinguish between inch and metric pattern FAL magwell, that would be a headache.

Regards.

• Confused 1

Is there a way to get a legacy version of 3CB Factions? New classnames have broken some of our missions and we'd like to play on an older version until its resolved.