Hey @evrik any chance we can get the same "sling helmet" options with the faction forces as you have with the 3CB main pack?
My ANA interpreter feels left out 😂

• Like 1

Not going to happen I am afraid. A lot of the backpacks are reskins of either RHS or BIS models. The BAF helmet sling uses a hidden helmet model within the backpack model, which is just hidden or un-hidden depending upon the sling action use.

Oh wow ok, no that makes perfect sense.
I thought it was just a case of some cool attachTo magic, I should have known you guys would have an ultracool way of doing it.

Thanks for the reply though, still my OPFOR pack of choice.

Thanks. I should have some new factions coming fairly soon, plus fixes for the bugs identified so far. Next up are some Cold War US and Soviets Forces to compliment the GM DLC, plus the Chernarus Police to finish off the Chernarus part of the pack (RHS GREF containing the Chedaki and CDF already). Once these are out, I am going to be adding some African armies. I will also add Humvees to the UN as that appears to be a popular request for some reason.

• Like 6

Anyone have any working blacklists for ALiVE to get rid of all the AA units and groups from Takistani Insurgents?

Does anyone know how to spawn Takistani civillians in the Civilian presence module with randomised load outs and suitable faces?

Never mind, I just did this instead you can call it in a script or put it straight in the creation box.

Spoiler

_this adduniform selectRandom ["UK3CB_TKC_C_U_01","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_01_B","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_01_C","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_01_D","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_01_E","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_02",
"UK3CB_TKC_C_U_02_B","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_02_C","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_02_D","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_02_E","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_03","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_03_B","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_03_C","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_03_D","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_03_E","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_06","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_06_B","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_06_C","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_06_D","UK3CB_TKC_C_U_06_E"];

_this addheadgear selectRandom ["UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_01_1","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_01_1","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_01_2","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_01_3",
"UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_01_4","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_01_5","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_02_1","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_02_2","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_02_3",
"UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_02_4","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_02_5","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_03_1","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_03_2","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_03_3",
"UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_03_4","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_03_5","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_04_1","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_04_2","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_04_3",
"UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_04_4","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_04_5","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_05_1","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_05_2","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_05_3",
"UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_05_4","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_05_5","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_06_1","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_06_2","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_06_3",
"UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_06_4","UK3CB_TKC_H_Turban_06_5"];

_this setFace selectRandom ["PersianHead_A3_01", "PersianHead_A3_02", "PersianHead_A3_03"];

_this setSpeaker selectRandom ["Male01PER", "Male02PER", "Male03PER"];

removeGoggles _this;

Sorry, what are you attempting to do? Is this for ALIVE? The Takistani civilians should randomize clothing, face, and headgear upon mission load from Eden. While they might appear similar in Eden when placed, they do receive a random selection once the mission beings. Also, each time one unit is placed with Zeus, it should also randomize.

If this isn't the case, please let me know. I am busy working on other bug fixes ahead of an update.

I'm also aiming to put out a full unit and cfgGroups classname list as well.

14 hours ago, evrik said:

Sorry, what are you attempting to do? Is this for ALIVE? The Takistani civilians should randomize clothing, face, and headgear upon mission load from Eden. While they might appear similar in Eden when placed, they do receive a random selection once the mission beings. Also, each time one unit is placed with Zeus, it should also randomize.

If this isn't the case, please let me know. I am busy working on other bug fixes ahead of an update.

I'm also aiming to put out a full unit and cfgGroups classname list as well.

I was attempting to spawn 3cb Takistan civilians using the civ presence module that comes with the vanilla game. It wasn’t randomising them or giving them the appropriate identities, so I just altered them manually. Maybe there’s a better way but it does the job.

Ah okay. Hmm, don't think I've ever used that. :)

hey evrik is it possible to reduce the amount/chance of AI setting up mounted weapons with ALIVE and V-COM?

Are you talking about the Support Weapon teams with the two backpacks rather than actual static weapon turrets? If it is the former, then I've never used V-Com, so have no idea as to how that works or what would be required to stop this behaviour, sorry.

Also, a short while ago I asked one of the ALIVE devs on Discord for some information so that I could check I was setting up the 3CB Faction Groups correctly to ensure ALIVE compatibility. If / when I hear back, I'll look at adding in any criteria / config that I am currently missing (if any).

In the meantime, you could blacklist the classes I suppose so that ALIVE doesn't spawn those particular units.

8 hours ago, SnakeDocc said:

@kilo-bravoTheirs an option in the vcom settings file for disabling the static weapons thing.

Thanks mate do you know what it's called I couldn't see anything in regards to that

@evrik yea the support backpack guys.

thats okay I thought I seen earlier that you use V-COM.

The problem I have is the backpack guys spawn heaps  and it seems the guy with the gun doesn't need the other guy to setup the gun so I end up with a crazy amount of static weapons 

8 hours ago, evrik said:

Also, a short while ago I asked one of the ALIVE devs on Discord for some information so that I could check I was setting up the 3CB Faction Groups correctly to ensure ALIVE compatibility. If / when I hear back, I'll look at adding in any criteria / config that I am currently missing (if any).

Faction groups work fine for ALiVE already, they don't have to be configured any special way they just have to follow the BI standards.

However one thing I like to do is make the static weapon groups "special forces" as then they will spawn less than standard infantry. 

So far the only issue I've had with 3CB factions and ALiVE is when the units transferred to the HC they would go back to their default vanilla gear. That was fixed by switching to the ACEX HC manager, but that causes issues with ALiVE supports not working 🤣

I believe there's a fix in the works for the ALiVE HC to avoid this issue.  

Well I was hoping that with ALIVE there would be a criteria between 0 and 1 which would determine how likely a unit / group will spawn. It that is an option, then I could set Support Infantry such as static weapon teams to spawn 0.1 of the time, while regular infantry could be 1 etc...

22 hours ago, evrik said:

Well I was hoping that with ALIVE there would be a criteria between 0 and 1 which would determine how likely a unit / group will spawn. It that is an option, then I could set Support Infantry such as static weapon teams to spawn 0.1 of the time, while regular infantry could be 1 etc...

To quote Friznit from the ALiVE Forums

The only variation is on the rarity of the spawns. The profiles are (should be) balanced vs vanilla factions so you get a reasonably combined arms mix depending on the weighting you choose in the module settings. For example, Light Infantry predominantly spawns dismounted inf, but as in reality they rarely operated completely unsupported, so you will still get some HQ units, a few offensive support (MG, AT, Mortars, Sniper groups etc), and maybe a little armour as well. If I recall right, the rarity values for a Light Inf weighting are something like 0.8 for inf groups, 0.5 for support, 0.2 for SF/Sniper/armour/air. Obviously switched around if you select armoured weighting.

There's also a bit about reinforcements etc here http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_Logistics

I know after a ticket I raised for the Community Factions Project, they moved their static weapon groups to either "support" or "special forces" and that made a big difference.
When I made custom groups for our sangin mission I set the static weapon teams as Special Forces, and that made the spawn rates much more realistic. We went from running into a heavy weapon almost every compound to very rarely seeing them, which given the danger they can be worked great.   

@kilo-bravo all I did was open the faction in the ALiVE ORBAT tool, move the groups into the SF section then exported it. As long as you only change the groups you can export and paste into your description.ext and not have to create a new pbo.

Well currently the static weapon teams are under support. Can those values be manually added to a group, rather than swapping them into special forces?

I don't think so (other than redoing the groups using the ALiVE ORBAT tool) although I don't really know all that much about configs.
I'll see if I can dig up someone smarter than I am to weigh in (shouldn't be hard to find)

Good mod. Love the technicals. But must make some changes to taliban wears as i have to shot about 5 time with rhs 5.56 straight at the stomach to kill one rag-tag. 

Already fixed for the next update. Only currently affects the Opfor Takistan Insurgents and not the Indfor or Blufor militias. This is due to an oversight in inheritance and the fact that the CSAT uniform has armour values.

• Thanks 1

Here's a mod conflict report, specifically with RHS:AFRF:

The Tochka (aka 9P129, SS-21) launchers from RHS:AFRF use a special script to set up the launching vehicle and fire the missile. With 3CB Factions loaded,

everything works execept the kinda crucial part of actually being able to launch the missile. This has been reported with RHS here:

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=3846

But they claim whatever mod causes the breakage is at fault (something to do with overwriting turrets).

A Steam user has reported these steps to reproduce:

1) Load RHS (I tested with blue, red green ones) and 3CB
2) Open editor and map (I tested in Altis)
3) Place a 9P129-1M (9M79B) [any version would fail tho]
4) Hit Play
5) Switch to gunner
6) Open console and select Firing Position
7) Wait a couple minutes, then Designate Target (choose a target farther than 500mts and within a conical area of 30 degrees in front of the vehicle (try to designate straight in front of the vehicle but more than 500 mts away :P)
8) Hit Launch

With 3CB Factions, nothing happens, without it, the missile fires just fine. Note that the occasional "Can't set owner" error message may be a red herring, and that sometimes, you have to exit and re-enter the vehicle after setting up the rocket in the firing position, which is an Arma limitation.

Already reported and fixed for the next update. 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, evrik said:

Already reported and fixed for the next update. 🙂

You da man.