Hi Loopdk, sorry there won't be a light edition. As it states at the very top, this is primarily for the 3cb mission makers so I am first and foremost adding factions and vehicles that we use in our missions, i.e. fighting or patrolling alongside ANA / ANP. However, it is modular (apart from the Common, Equipment and Weapons), so in theory you could just remove some of the faction .pbos. You'd have to experiment with that though and to be honest, they wouldn't make that much of a difference. Most of the size of the pack is due to the vehicles.

@Disgusting_Man: Confirmed the tank missing the firing effects. Not sure what has happened there. They used to have smoke and flame when firing. Thanks, I'll look into it.

36 minutes ago, evrik said:

@Disgusting_Man: Confirmed the tank missing the firing effects. Not sure what has happened there. They used to have smoke and flame when firing. Thanks, I'll look into it.

OK) If i will notice anything else i'll report. Good luck in development)

Thanks. The tanks have been fixed. Over-sight ahead of release. Should be rolled out in the next update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had a chance to have a play with this last night, the group sizes are great, the variety is awesome and the fact you have static weapon groups that VCOM can use is just outstanding.

Just curious how you guys use the OPFOR civilians? Like what is their purpose as opposed to other civilians?
One way I'll be using them is for Zeus when I want a "bad civ" that the players can shoot without penalty (we run KP Ranks mod which penalises the players for killing civs) 

Just curious how you guys use them?

Basically we use them to populate friendly or hostile towns. Civilians (i.e. side = 3 purple) tend to just run off whenever they see an armed unit. So if we are patrolling a town that has been considered 'friendly' we can put down Blufor civilians and they won't run off as we patrol. They'll stay on their waypoints and not react as we move by. Likewise, if they are hostile, I'd ultimately like to add some sort of reaction from them - i.e. throw stuff. Finally, if the town is considered pro-western and the civilians are Blufor, it means the insurgent Opfor units will exact revenge. I added in the sides simply because it's easier for mission makers and saves them from going around changing the side of the unit in Zeus.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That's awesome, I hadn't even thought about that.

There was a script/mod floating around a while back that could be used to make civilians throw rocks/molotovs at the players. Something like that would be outstanding.
Then again I'm one of those weirdos that actually enjoys civilian interaction, so anything that can make them seem more interactable is great.

Now you got me thinking, VCOM AI makes units look for magazines to rearm with, if that can be tweaked to include guns, you could dynamically have hostile civs picking up weapons from fallen fighters.

I like where this is going 🙂 

We use @CANS, this gives rocks etc to hostile civilians

• Like 2

The quality of this addon goes without saying, so I just wanted to add that the usage of some older models is very nice.  Their quality really stands the test of time and allows them to be used for a huge time period/geographic area as opposed to a lot of the more bleeding edge stuff.  Great choice!

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:45 PM, evrik said:

I am busy working on some Cold War Era Soviets at the moment to give our BAF and Spearpoint units something to fight against and I'd like to add the Cherno police.

That's really exciting to hear, my personal favorites.  Good luck, I'm sure your mission makers are having a blast with the fruits of your labor!

• Thanks 1

Realized I forgot a photo in my image dump

D07585D52878658DED2897F020424B756EFA8DC4

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

a request can you add some more gear in Takistani lizard camo, like some body armor , helmet covers  and more uniforms

Amazing mod, I'm not a fan of the randomisation but it's not a hard thing to work around. I see a quote above mentioning cold war.... (🤞humber pig/saracen/centurion🤞) going to play this to death tonight, appreciate this release, its going to do wonders for my extremely excessive mod set. 

This mod including M-60 tank from CUP?

Are you plannig to make T-55 variant with ERA or DsHK?

The mod doesn't include the M-60 from CUP as it isn't dependent upon CUP. It uses RHS as a base. Before anyone gets carried away, I will be making Cold War units based on the vehicles included in this pack already. It is mainly the infantry I will be adding. As was stated at the very beginning, this is not to compete with CUP or Project Opfor in terms of quantity of content or number of Factions. I am adding things primarily requested by 3CB. I would love to include an M-60, or a T-55, T-62, T-64, Jeeps etc... but I don't have models, so it likely won't ever happen. Sorry.

• Like 5

As a mission maker, I appreciate this mode of working. Add those things which will see use and is wanted by your content creators. Don't become hostage to wild internet requests. 

The current content of the 3CB faction pack is very well appreciated. Particularly the civilian assets add a wealth of potential for scenarios. All this at a reasonable small size which merges and enhances RHS assets very well. Good job 3CB, and thank you for sharing with the community. 

-k 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As a small point of feedback: Adding a unique icon for the 3CB factions pack would make navigating the arsenal a more pleasant experience. 😉

edit: also some uniforms have a hidden scope and do not appear in the vanilla Arsenal. Minor QoL thing. 

-k 

• Like 1

I can easily say that these factions were a life saver for me as a mission maker. Lots of quality content in here, as to be expected from the 3CB team of course!

• Like 1

Glad you guys are liking things. I'll look to add a differently coloured icon into the arsenal so that it is different to our BAF stuff. As for adding more units, first priority is to fix the handful of bugs found since release in a quick hotfix. That should be out by the end of the month. After that it is Soviet and US Cold War, perhaps with some reskinned vehicles in AAF camouflage. With those done, I've got some BAF stuff to work on. 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, evrik said:

I've got some BAF stuff to work on.

Aye!

I can't seem to find ANA groups or individuals heaps of vehicle textures is ANA WIP? 

On 3/5/2019 at 3:38 PM, evrik said:

Also, if you want to turn off the randomization of a unit(s), just click into its properties and use the tick box to enable or disable 3cb randomization.

One thing I’ve noticed is that even with randomization turned off, the Takistani Militia units are all wearing face wraps they don’t have in their predefined loadouts. Even if I remove all goggles via the init, they still have them. That is pretty annoying since the only way to get rid of them seems to be to add a trigger with one second delay removing all goggles from the units.

Also, some system you use overwrites the init field which really denies the mission maker to customize loadouts for according to his wishes. I added a Takistani militia uniform to an ANA soldier via the init field, but he still spawns with an ANA uniform. Don’t get me wrong, the randomization is very useful in many cases and I like it, but it shouldn’t overwrite the init commands.

@Fingolfin: Confirmed. The google randomization should be turned off if you turn off the randomized loadouts and enable custom loadouts. I'll see if a fix can be included in the next update. As for the uniform, did you disable the options for that specific ANA soldier in the unit options? If so, it should then keep the custom loadout you created - with the exception of the goggles due to the bug I've just mentioned. Also the 3CB Faction configuration module which you can place on the map in Eden provides more options for loadouts.

@Kilo-Bravo: Not sure why you can't see the ANA groups (see right of image below). There are lots of them. I'd check you don't have a mod issue (i.e. corrupt download or conflict).

F1F35CCFEB767F4A233D253EBAA152B2211B0581

• Like 2

Hello, big fan of the modpack, and the 3CB mods in general. I seriously appreciate all the work that goes into the mods.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report bugs, but our group has noticed that the T-34-85M 'fades out' after approximately 200-300 meters. If you zoom in on it with weapon optics, binoculars, or the view zoom as infantry, it's okay. Otherwise, it's got some crazy passive camouflage (being invisible and all) up to that 200-300 meter mark.

First of all, thanks for another awesome 3CB mod. 👍

Just wanted to give a small bug report - it seems the T-34 is not being drawn beyond 300m unless you zoom in (right-click zoom or magnified optics). Other tanks in the pack appear normally above 300m ranges.

EDIT: Divaya beat me to it. 😅

Issue is known about and has been fixed. It will be in the hotfix update coming soon, along with several others.

• Like 3