brainboy

help lock/unlock vehicles script

9 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

PS :

It's good to do a like for all the Guys who helped !

There is a "Thanks" button there !

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

It's good to do a like for all the Guys who helped !

There is a "Thanks" button there !

sure

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

49 minutes ago, brainboy said:

how can i chang this scrip to mod for use in dedicated server?

?

10 hours ago, Maff said:

Out of curiosity, if the inventory action is removed via a config, would pressing your inventory keybind still open a vehicles inventory?

No. There is a config entry that simply disables inventory. Completely.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dedmen said:

No. There is a config entry that simply disables inventory. Completely.

do you have it?

2 minutes ago, brainboy said:

do you have it?

Sorry should've written right away.

disableInventory = 1;

used like so

Class CfgVehicles {
    class parent;
    class yourvehicle : parent {
        disableInventory = 1;
    };
};

But as I said, only in a mod. Not possible with just a mission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

Sorry should've written right away.

disableInventory = 1;

used like so

Class CfgVehicles {
    class parent;
    class yourvehicle : parent {
        disableInventory = 1;
    };
};

But as I said, only in a mod. Not possible with just a mission.

Yes, I'm writing a script that can be used to lock the car and disable the inventory and unlock the car and enable the inventory eventually turn it all into mod.

9 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

player addEventHandler ["InventoryOpened",{

params ["_unit","_container"];
	_Access = false;

if (_container getvariable ["Var_GF_Access_Inventory",false]) then {

systemchat "NO Access";
		_Access = true;
	};
	_Access
}];

can i use this line for disable the crate?
disableAllActions _crate;

You can lock (block the access to the inventory) but not remove the action menu (without mod, which is not a solution for your conditional case).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

You can lock (block the access to the inventory) but not remove the action menu (without mod, which is not a solution for your conditional case).

yes you right and this scrip lock the inventory but when open my inventory near the car the crate in open and in can move item from the inventory car

My question is that I can easily disable the script in the script in the way I wrote it, or I just have to go through the method that our good friend said in the previous text.
disableAllActions _crate;

for example:
{
[_x, "LOCKED"] remoteExec ["setVehicleLock"];
_x setVariable ["Var_GF_Access_Inventory",true];

_x setVariable ["disable AllAction_crate",false];
[
    if (locked _x < 2) then {"unlock"} else {"lock"},
    {
        params ["_target", "_caller", "_actionId", "_arguments"];

if (locked _target < 2) then
        {
            _target setVariable ["Var_GF_Access_Inventory",true];
            _target setVariable ["disableAllAction_Crate",true];
            [_target,2] remoteExec ["lock",_target];
            [_target, "carlock"] remoteExec ["say3D"];
            _target setUserActionText [_actionId, "unlock"];
            [_target,true] remoteExec ["setPilotLight",_target];
            [_target,true] remoteExec ["engineOn",_target];
            sleep 0.5;
            [_target,false] remoteExec ["setPilotLight",_target];

}
        else
        {
            _target setVariable ["Var_GF_Access_Inventory",false];

_target setVariable ["disableAllAction_Crate",false];

[_target,0] remoteExec ["lock",_target];
            [_target, "carunlock"] remoteExec ["say3D"];
            _target setUserActionText [_actionId, "lock"];
            [_target,true] remoteExec ["setPilotLight",_target];
            [_target,false] remoteExec ["engineOn",_target];
            sleep 0.5;
            [_target,false] remoteExec ["setPilotLight",_target];

}
    },
    [],
    true,
    true,
    "",
    "('ToolKit' in items _this) or (if ( count ( ( _target nearObjects 7 ) select { ( getItemCargo _x select 0 select 0 ) find 'ToolKit' >= 0 } ) > 0 ) then { true } else { false })"
];
}forEach vehicles;

Does this work to when i lock the car crate disable and when i unlock the car crate enable?

9 hours ago, brainboy said:

yes you right and this scrip lock the inventory but when open my inventory near the car the crate in open and in can move item from the inventory car

In the last code that i gave you this is disabled.

Did you test it ?

I have already post this here as well :

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

In the last code that i gave you this is disabled.

Did you test it ?

Please write if it is possible that it was my idea to create this script

2 hours ago, brainboy said:

Please write if it is possible that it was my idea to create this script

This is not any published script as it is created so far in this form by the forum community , in the certain type of form so far that was posted to the Ravage Forum and i don't have any intention to copy paste and publish the same.

So else the main form and the progress of this community script is in this topic.

4 hours ago, brainboy said:

Yes, I'm writing a script

It's also wrong above by saying for yourself , " i'm writing a script " since the community is helping and writing the script for you.

So you should definitely consider saying  " thanks to @Maff and @PierreMGI this script so far is this".

Your  code written is this so far :

Spoiler
On 3/4/2019 at 12:21 AM, brainboy said:

Hello. I'm trying to create a remote control to lock/unlock vehicles is Arma3. By far, I've written a script which allows to interact with all locks. I'm intending to make an object (with specific class name) the requirement for that. Like a car-shop owner who has the key for every vehicles. Can anyone help me complete my script or suggest anything better to make me do it?

this addAction [(if ((locked this < 2)) then {"Lock"} else {"Unlock"}),
{if ((locked (_this select 0) < 2)) then {(_this select 0) lock 2; (_this select 0) setUserActionText [(_this select 2), "Unlock"];}
else {(_this select 0) lock 0; (_this select 0) setUserActionText [(_this select 2), "Lock"];};}];

• Like 1

No, do not make this mistake. In previous conversations, I said that friends helped me so I could write this script. After all, it's clear who helped to register on this site and on the site itself, but you did all the trouble Copy and put them on your page that I do not think is right. At least you who are worried about the names of the people who worked hard wrote on your page what people were helping and who was Ideas.
But you do not even mention the names of the people you wrote yourself that, as you said yourself, it's a script written on your own page, I'm not the one I'm worried about. Do not forget these people's thoughts and do not think. All of this script is written by you.

Also, in the previous text, if you understand that I thanked and appreciate any of your friends, but unfortunately you have not even mentioned this page on your page, but changed the script completely and put it in your tag. To be the ones who help make this script work, and so on yourself

GF thats your tag in the scrip that also Maff and PierreMGI has worked on the scrip and my ideas

7 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Really?! You've helped this topic starter to grow his idea and then put it somewhere else with your own tag everywhere on it?!!

Even without a link to this topic and mentioning people who have worked on it?!! Shame! 😶

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Masnooper said:

your own tag

Fisrt off all , it's a Variable as it needs to run and it's a part from what i added actually in order to work as it is and i didn't claim that is mine.

It's a copy paste , from my solution added, from the 2nd page , to the current point of the script , at the Ravage Forum.

You should probably check also the previous post to compare the codes added , if you understand coding and for what reason should be the Variable added.

If you read the forum a little bit , when someone is giving a solution , there is always for sure his tag on it.

So what was the real problem here ?

6 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

So you should definitely consider saying  " thanks to @Maff and @PierreMGI this script so far is this".

12 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Fisrt off all , it's a Variable as it needs to run and it's a part from what i added actually in order to work as it is and i didn't claim that is mine.

It's a copy paste , from my solution added, from the 2nd page , to the current point of the script , at the Ravage Forum.

You should probably check also the previous post to compare the codes added , if you understand coding and for what reason should be the Variable added.

If you read the forum a little bit , when someone is giving a solution , there is always for sure his tag on it.

So what was the real problem here ?

As far as I know only you are just part of the script to help you and the entire script idea it was for me and others in this script help if the tag set is right, therefore, not without coordination with me tag yourself So let because this script idea from me, and with my permission would be done except myself this script on the page has to be open to the public but here merely to fix the script were not you simply ideas I picked up and Make your own page and put it in your name and give you a tag. I'm really sorry for you, with all this experience in the code. But you do not know what copyright is
If you were going to make this idea yourself, you would have done it and you could have done it to the public, but you have no right to do this without the consent of me, and it's really embarrassing for the other friends who help in this script. And I will follow this up through the admins so that you know what copyright is.

4 hours ago, brainboy said:

And I will follow

Since it is this way , then  you are not free to publish a Script or Mod , with  any of my code inside.

15 hours ago, brainboy said:

So let because this script idea from me, and with my permission would be done except myself this script on the page has to be open to the public but here merely to fix the script were not you simply ideas I picked up and Make your own page and put it in your name and give you a tag. I'm really sorry for you, with all this experience in the code. But you do not know what copyright is
If you were going to make this idea yourself, you would have done it and you could have done it to the public, but you have no right to do this without the consent of me, and it's really embarrassing for the other friends who help in this script. And I will follow this up through the admins so that you know what copyright is.

Don't confuse Ideas, codes and contents!

@brainboy  I hope you don't imagine a second that you're a first who want to lock/unlock a vehicle, add some lights on/off, and block an inventory!
And for such simple objectives, there is not so many way to do that. So, you can't claim for usage of inGameUISetEventHandler or setPilotLight!

Furthermore, we're here on a community forum, asking for/providing help. As you can see, people are helping everyday, without claiming every time for an "intellectual credit". It's just a good practice when you copy/paste a whole or part of codes on forums/open sites.

On the other hand, some missions and mods are pboed and released on Steam or elsewhere.

You have to follow some rules for these contents.

• Like 4