SenBonSaKuraZ

ALT+TAB Game Freeze

I was have problem since alomost of year then i don't know how to fix it i was find way to fix but i can't do that how do i fix it ?

When i game i test in multiplayer i play for 5 minute and then i test ALT+TAB i go to the desktop then when i ALT+TAB go into the game i got blackscreen then i open Task manager the ARMA 3 stats is not responding

Put the game in windowed mode, it does not lock up on alt tab then.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SenBonSaKuraZ said:

i don't want to play in windows/borderless because it give me input lag

Can not confirm that. I always play borderless windowed because I often have to tab out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Can not confirm that. I always play borderless windowed because I often have to tab out.

Agreed. I used to play full screen but alt-tabbing often was always a risk. Borderless windowed solved it completely, even to the point that i made the change on some other games. 

Maybe your system specs are too low if ANY alt-tabbing crashes the game? 

3 hours ago, Dedmen said:

I never see input lag either

I always play full screen. I don't want windows even without border, not saying it's worse... Just my choice.

So i often experienced, the Alt-Tabbing problem as a video crash. Updating Nvidia drivers and Windows had some positive effects.

I'm running now on W10 1809. My 1803 had some problems for updating a couple of corrective patches.

Now, I spend time to Alt-Tab from Arma to Poseidon Text2  without many crashes. Perhaps 1 or 2 per cent, after a very long shift onto another application. That doesn't matter as I have to restart Arma frequently for an addon tuning. I remarked also there is no more (so far) severe video crash, needing a computer restart, but more an Arma hanging that you can stop in task manager.

Yeah game is not responding frequently, after alt-tabbing. Windowed mode may reduce performance, so you should always play fullscreen.